• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Charlie Kelman

Probably the day he signed for Brentford. That day will allow him to hang his boots up without fear of how am I going to pay the bills.

Yep, Jack Payne and Dan Bentley have both done work with Christian Ribeiro, retired footballer who now owns Property performance group. Basically helps footballers set up portfolios.

Can't speak much for Dan but from what I have been told Jack Payne has done very well, set up quite nicely for when he retires. His Huddersfield signing on fee and salary was where the bread is?? Used it well.

Yep, Jack Payne and Dan Bentley have both done work with Christian Ribeiro, retired footballer who now owns Property performance group. Basically helps footballers set up portfolios.

Can't speak much for Dan but from what I have been told Jack Payne has done very well, set up quite nicely for when he retires. His Huddersfield signing on fee and salary was where the bread is?? Used it well.

What a fool. Should’ve stayed at Southend ??

In relation to my post above and Rigsby's as well, another example is Dru Yearwood, his Brentford signing on fee was enough to pay off his Mothers mortgage and get him a flat (which he still owns).

Nathan Bishop was also given an apartment in Manchester to stay in and a handsome sign on fee. Living expenses are also much cheaper there than down south.

It's why I have never got on board with saying "They should stay at Southend for a bit longer!"
It's just silly, even if they don't 'make it' they have at least secured a massive head start in life.

Charlie asked to leave he said he was embarrassed to play for us because we was loosing every week, if that info was true then I’m glad he went!!

If this is true then I find his candour most refreshing.

I am fed up of players claiming they are proud to play for the shirt when it is quite clear there were no other options on the table.

In relation to the above posts which I fully agree with. Even if it doesn't work out for Charlie at QPR if he was to be sold on he'll still be at a bigger club than us.

Apologies, I feel like I lit the blue touch paper with my post and then ran away!

All good points and I guess looking at it with my head rather than my heart, he’s made a blinder of a decision that will benefit him on and off the pitch in the long run.

It’s just too easy to sit and wonder what could’ve been when you’re coming at it from an angle of anger, frustration and desperation whilst staring straight down the barrel of non-league.

Apologies, I feel like I lit the blue touch paper with my post and then ran away!

All good points and I guess looking at it with my head rather than my heart, he’s made a blinder of a decision that will benefit him on and off the pitch in the long run.

It’s just too easy to sit and wonder what could’ve been when you’re coming at it from an angle of anger, frustration and desperation whilst staring straight down the barrel of non-league.

I wouldn't worry about it mate! I'm way more guilty than you, I have been ranting on here all week about MM, behind the scenes stuff etc. Trying to theorise where it has all gone wrong. I am terrible at trying to distinguish between my head & heart, especially at the moment.

Probably guilty of trying to find something/someone new to blame. We all want the best for our club. It's just a mess, we're trying to locate the one single 'thing' that has caused this, when really it's a bit of everything. The truth is often somewhere in the middle.

But has that information gone through a chain and just been twisted like in Chinese whispers?

Equally even if he did say it, doesn't mean that his real reasons for leaving just a simple way of avoiding opening a can of worms. Or a way to cut a conversation short with someone he doesn't want to go into details with.....Who hasn't done that in their line of work.

Believe nothing of what you hear and only half of what you see when it comes to off field football events.

Last edited:
Equally even if he did say it, doesn't mean that his real reasons for leaving just a simple way of avoiding opening a can of worms. Or a way to cut a conversation short with someone he doesn't want to go into details with.....Who hasn't done that in their line of work.

Believe nothing of what you hear and only half of what you see when it comes to off field football events.
Does that include all things Sol related?

I think the real reason he wanted off was for money, nothing wrong with that of course, but just didn't have the bollocks to say it, and that's a shame because that would have been refreshing to hear instead of the usual claptrap by players.

I think there’s a lot of assumptions made about CK. I was supportive of his decision to go - any players decision to go in fact - after the **** show they had to endure last season. I thought the criticism was unfair and still do to be honest. This “downed tools” bollocks needs to be put into context.
So far he’s made the right decision in my opinion and good luck to him. Staying here wouldn’t have been any good for him plus why wouldn’t you want to better yourself and play at a higher level? He might’ve never got an offer like that again, especially after another season battling relegation and losing week after week at Southend.

Does that include all things Sol related?

Indeed. Although some claim some of his team selections were based on his own long term accusations of racism, we don't have any proof. Even if anyone thought it looked that way on the pitch.

Like wise when a female family friend spoke up I wouldn't repeat her story on here. For the reasons i said and it could cause her even more problems.

I think the real reason he wanted off was for money, nothing wrong with that of course, but just didn't have the bollocks to say it, and that's a shame because that would have been refreshing to hear instead of the usual claptrap by players.

Wanted to improve his career is a better reason and he was 100% correct.

Ron was touting him to a PL club as he needed the money. So if your own Chairman wants you gone and your own fans have turned on you.....It really is the easiest decision in your career.

Came on again as an 80th minute sub, Bonne was an unused sub.

Back