• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Planning Updates- All The Latest Details. 28/03/2022

Only thing to report so far is that the amended application for Fossetts is with planners and in the process of being validated.

Cllr Buck (Tory - Prittlewell) is not covering himself in glory....clearly hasn't read anything and is confusing this meeting with a planning committee (not a surprise to anyone who has worked in local government to have a confused councillor who doesn't understand the processes!).

He was totally clueless as to the process. Doesn't inspire you with confidence.

Then why did Cllr Gilbert specifically mention 4th December in his quote on the recent website story?

I get all the logic behind why it might not be given permission this side of New Year, but it still seems to be the aim and none of us know what has gone on behind the scenes. So until I hear otherwise from those who would know, I'm not writing off 4th December, no matter how unlikely and unrealistic it seems.

Pretty sure that would be illegal - there has to be a statutory consultation period where the NIMBYs can all write letters of complaint. I thought it was 6 weeks but I bow to ShrimperGarry's greater knowledge of this and it may only be 28 days. Either way, it's not happening on 4 December.

I’ve just looked it up, and the public consultation period is actually only 21 days, the council have a target of 16 weeks in which to make a decision.

I’ve just looked it up, and the public consultation period is actually only 21 days, the council have a target of 16 weeks in which to make a decision.

Is that a default target of 16 weeks or have they decided that target themselves?

I mean, as @londonblue said, it's no big deal if permission isn't granted until March or April as building work isn't scheduled to begin until Spring/Summer.

Just a hope on my part that the timings would have been got right so that planning permission and resulting possible funds into the club could happen before the January transfer window. But looks like it's not to be.

Once it is validated, that's when the clock starts ticking - there'll be a statutory public consultation period (28 days IIRC) and they'll want consultation responses from all the statutory consultees too - highways, archaeology, ecology, water, etc. etc. - then and only then can the officers put a report together for the council to consider, and only then will planning permission be granted. With the best will in the world, I can't see planning permission being granted before March 2021 and that would be quick for a development of this size.

...then add another 3-6 months worth of tender process to obtain an updated fixed price submission from a Contractor (or alternatively an open-book negotiated position with an as-yet-undisclosed preferred Contractor), and you are looking at starting work, at the earliest, towards the end of this season.
12 - 18 months construction minimum (the ground prep on the FF site will, I suspect, be considerable), and possibly more, given the need for the housing development to be running concurrently (or at least partially overlapping), and you are looking at kicking off in a new stadium some time, possibly halfway through the 2022/23 season.

And hopefully Shrimpers fans will use the consultation process to support this whole project as you can be sure various nimbys and others will lodge objections.

According to the Development Control Committee website, the special meeting which was scheduled for 24 February has been moved - to an unspecified date. This was for the stadium, no question. So we will need to see when the new date is. Probably not far off but it may have been delayed by Ron’s brush with COVID-19 (if we’re being kind).

According to the Development Control Committee website, the special meeting which was scheduled for 24 February has been moved - to an unspecified date. This was for the stadium, no question. So we will need to see when the new date is. Probably not far off but it may have been delayed by Ron’s brush with COVID-19 (if we’re being kind).

Wasn't April mentioned on the "Meeting with Ron" thread?

Another ‘Special Meeting’ of the DCC has been set for two weeks time on Tuesday 30th, agenda tbc.

Back