• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Coronavirus (Non-Politics)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I personally cannot see how this would be enforceable and if we are saying we need proof of vaccinations to go in a pub where does it end?
Will we have to provide proof if we go into a supermarket? as lets be honest many people spend just as much time there as it takes to go into a pub and order a drink or even if we go into B&Q etc.

But the majority wear masks in supermarkets and B&Q and wont be spending the evening there with their mates.

So what do you think your driving licence is? Everyone carries a form of ID so whats the problem? Get a cotton bud shoved up your hooter then get on the lash, it isn't hard.

Why on earth do we need to do that to have a pint? Vulnerable will be vaccinated and may will have antibodies from previous infection too. An absurd idea.

Any more absurd than lifting restrictions early and risking a third wave?

The top 9 priority groups (where 99% of deaths & hospitalisations happen) have been vaccinated. Plus, about 13 million people with anitbodies from previous infections. I struggle to see where deaths where will come from.

The only way a third wave will happen is from an overseas variant escaping the vaccine. If thats case, get stringent border controls in place so we can have domestic freedom and rest of world speeds up their vaccine roll-out.

I personally cannot see how this would be enforceable and if we are saying we need proof of vaccinations to go in a pub where does it end?
Will we have to provide proof if we go into a supermarket? as lets be honest many people spend just as much time there as it takes to go into a pub and order a drink or even if we go into B&Q etc.
Agreed. what would it take the form of? photo id? countersigned by who? witnessed by who? produced and allocated by who? New laws to punish and deal with breaches, forgeries etc?
Simple idea but not practicable when looked into.

Cant see the vacc passports thing being a reality. They would have to serve up a whole new goverment dept and who is going tell that dept that you've had a jab? Gp surgeries? They are over stretched already. What about the yearly booster to cover the new variants, more red tape to manage. I suppose the tax payer will pay for this? And who will police it?

Mid last year, after 1st lock down and VE day celebrations my 82 year old neighbour stated she was getting an exercise bike to keep her healthy incase of another lockdown. She did.
Later in year she stated she was feeling less than 100% but didn't want to trouble the NHS in the times of crisis and covid.
Before Christmas she lost lots of weight and visibly shrank, she was diagnosed with a stage 4 cancer.
She passed away this morning.
Her son, a nice block, ex fire service, lives in France and hasn't been able to visit since Christmas.
She isn't a direct covid victim but....
RIP Dorothy.

Mid last year, after 1st lock down and VE day celebrations my 82 year old neighbour stated she was getting an exercise bike to keep her healthy incase of another lockdown. She did.
Later in year she stated she was feeling less than 100% but didn't want to trouble the NHS in the times of crisis and covid.
Before Christmas she lost lots of weight and visibly shrank, she was diagnosed with a stage 4 cancer.
She passed away this morning.
Her son, a nice block, ex fire service, lives in France and hasn't been able to visit since Christmas.
She isn't a direct covid victim but....
RIP Dorothy.
MG - that is so sad especially that her son has not seen her for the last few weeks.
This blooming virus is certainly a wicked thing depriving some families
RIP Dorothy

So it's a possibility that by September there will be a vaccine booster available, effective against some of the more nasty variants of Covid that are around. This will be offered to over 70s first. As I reach 70 in August I can look forward to a booster closely followed by a Flu jab. Woo Hoo, I can't wait (not).

So it's a possibility that by September there will be a vaccine booster available, effective against some of the more nasty variants of Covid that are around. This will be offered to over 70s first. As I reach 70 in August I can look forward to a booster closely followed by a Flu jab. Woo Hoo, I can't wait (not).
Moan moan moan.

Reactions: RHB
I got my vaccine on Friday. I'm 37 with a "pre-existing" condition of photosensitive epilepsy. Got it done in Rayleigh and was operated on a one way basis. In through the shops back door, jabbed then out through the front and in less than 5 minutes.

I was given the AstraZeneca jab and advised that I couldn't drive for 15 minutes, but that I could wait in my car.

Felt fine until 2 in the morning when I awoke with a slight fever and shivering. Eventually went back to sleep but Saturday was a bit of a loss. Probably should have just rested but with 2 young kids and a bit of DIY to complete I was knackered.

Feel absolutely fine today (In fact had so much energy I mowed the lawn for the first time since September) so I presume the Bill Gates microchip that is the vaccine has been embedded in and I'm now able to be located on the Microsoft Cloud by Bill himself.

Don't see why people wouldn't get the vaccine. It decreases the chances of becoming seriously unwell and its free. To me that's a win win.

I got my vaccine on Friday. I'm 37 with a "pre-existing" condition of photosensitive epilepsy. Got it done in Rayleigh and was operated on a one way basis. In through the shops back door, jabbed then out through the front and in less than 5 minutes.

I was given the AstraZeneca jab and advised that I couldn't drive for 15 minutes, but that I could wait in my car.

Felt fine until 2 in the morning when I awoke with a slight fever and shivering. Eventually went back to sleep but Saturday was a bit of a loss. Probably should have just rested but with 2 young kids and a bit of DIY to complete I was knackered.

Feel absolutely fine today (In fact had so much energy I mowed the lawn for the first time since September) so I presume the Bill Gates microchip that is the vaccine has been embedded in and I'm now able to be located on the Microsoft Cloud by Bill himself.

Don't see why people wouldn't get the vaccine. It decreases the chances of becoming seriously unwell and its free. To me that's a win win.

Excellent well done X
People are reporting not so many reactions from their second jabs and we have been told to expect a third vaccine to come into operation shortly

Excellent well done X
People are reporting not so many reactions from their second jabs and we have been told to expect a third vaccine to come into operation shortly

Are you reffering to the Moderna vaccine or another newly developed one to combat new strains?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back