• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Planning Updates- All The Latest Details. 28/03/2022

Good to get this out of the way, hopefully we're next on the list.

That is where our stadium should be built. The council should swap land with Ron. Then we have the best outcome because everyone wins.

Ron gets his payday. The council get there houses and an option to meet there future housing targets as their more land at FF and nearby. The fans would have a much better venue for football and crucially it would give the town a major boost. Including the Hotel option then becoming viable again.

That is where our stadium should be built. The council should swap land with Ron. Then we have the best outcome because everyone wins.

Ron gets his payday. The council get there houses and an option to meet there future housing targets as their more land at FF and nearby. The fans would have a much better venue for football and crucially it would give the town a major boost. Including the Hotel option then becoming viable again.

The current Roots Hall ground, with the car park is just over 22,500 sq m and is rectangular, without the car park it is just under 16,000 sq m.
The large bit of the Queensway site is approx 19,500 sq m and is triangular.
Please explain how that would fit?
Would make a three sided stadium much more practical, mind. :Winking:

The Fossett stadium is proposed to cover roughly 40,000 sq m...

The current Roots Hall ground, with the car park is just over 22,500 sq m and is rectangular, without the car park it is just under 16,000 sq m.
The large bit of the Queensway site is approx 19,500 sq m and is triangular.
Please explain how that would fit?
Would make a three sided stadium much more practical, mind. :Winking:

The Fossett stadium is proposed to cover roughly 40,000 sq m...

What about the road and underpass. Then there is the additional sites like the Range. The whole section of town from Queensway to Tots should be redeveloped.

What about the road and underpass. Then there is the additional sites like the Range. The whole section of town from Queensway to Tots should be redeveloped.

Best not to mention moving roads about... It seems to upset people...

Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing the football ground on the Seaway site, could be used as a summer outdoor concert venue and what is more iconic for a seaside club than playing where you can hear the seagulls. Mind you that would upset another set of people because you'd be building on a car park...

Best not to mention moving roads about... It seems to upset people...

Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing the football ground on the Seaway site, could be used as a summer outdoor concert venue and what is more iconic for a seaside club than playing where you can hear the seagulls. Mind you that would upset another set of people because you'd be building on a car park...

I think it would be great. Completely different sport but Sussex cricket ground is a stones throw from Brighton seafront. Great location.

Queensway...

I've just looked on the Southend Council website. The next meetings listed are the 7th April and then 2nd June.

The agenda for the meeting tomorrow is also on the website and doesn't include FF. There doesn't seem to be a special meeting listed. The one for the 30th March is, which implies that they do make it onto the website. So the question is, is there a special meeting in April because it doesn't seem that way?

I’d be surprised if there was a meeting now until after the Council elections in early May. It just drags on and on and on.,,,,,,,,,

I’d be surprised if there was a meeting now until after the Council elections in early May. It just drags on and on and on.,,,,,,,,,

There can be further meetings called in April, as a quasi-judicial function, Development Control Committee is not subject to the election purdah period.
Between the election on 6th May and the Council to appoint the make up of Committees on 20th May the DCC will have no members or Chair so no meeting could take place in that time frame.

The determination deadlines for the Fossetts Farm and Roots Hall applications are now showing as Wednesday, 30 June 2021. Clearly we will need to wait until after the May elections for a decision.

The determination deadlines for the Fossetts Farm and Roots Hall applications are now showing as Wednesday, 30 June 2021. Clearly we will need to wait until after the May elections for a decision.

Out of interest, where did you find that?

If he expects the fans to support the application again, I suggest he gives SUFC a much better deal than what he is currently suggesting. We are the customers, after all.

Gives Ron plenty of time to submit a revised application with a smaller stadium (as we will be in the NL) or more homes and no stadium at all.

Thanks. I was looking at the wrong application. However, what does an agreed expiry date mean? What if the council haven't made a decision by then? Does that mean the application has expired and we have to start again?

Thanks. I was looking at the wrong application. However, what does an agreed expiry date mean? What if the council haven't made a decision by then? Does that mean the application has expired and we have to start again?

Going by recent history, it will mean a new date will appear 3 months later than the previous one. I think Maggie was still in charge when the first expiry date was listed.

Going by recent history, it will mean a new date will appear 3 months later than the previous one. I think Maggie was still in charge when the first expiry date was listed.

Yes, the council and Ron will just agree an extension. At some point Ron has to lose patience with the council. Certainly he's been extremely lenient with them. I have heard of other applications (not necessarily in Southend) that have dragged on for less time than this that have ended up in court where the applicant has sued for compensation for the delays.

Either Ron is entitled to sue by now, or he accepts that the previous plans/applications have been (at least partly) flawed. Given that he's added further information, or made changes to the plans, I do think that that is possibly the case.

One thing I am a bit confused about is the status of the hotel. I was under the impression that there will no longer be a hotel in the north stand, yet it remains in the planning application.

My fear is that the hotel is integral to the funding of the fourth side, and if it is no longer happening then how will we fund it?

I had a visit by a canvassing team of tories today. included D Amess; but I had long conversation with David Cawston, looking for local council seat in May election.
Among topics were Roots Hall, Queensway, Seaway, FF and also a proposal to change status of the new 9 holes golf beside the last part of A127 towards Bournes Green from green to brown field and housing for that.
Getting a straight answer from bloke was hard but I believe I got my point across about "our" council and planning on each of the sites.
For Roots Hall it sounded that the plans would be rejected as too many properties for the site in their opinion; which is also the same with Queensway but that project would get voted thru as the other parties supported it despite it being a (imo) worse, denser, higher, ghetto.
Seaway going no where, slowly.

I had a visit by a canvassing team of tories today. included D Amess; but I had long conversation with David Cawston, looking for local council seat in May election.
Among topics were Roots Hall, Queensway, Seaway, FF and also a proposal to change status of the new 9 holes golf beside the last part of A127 towards Bournes Green from green to brown field and housing for that.
Getting a straight answer from bloke was hard but I believe I got my point across about "our" council and planning on each of the sites.
For Roots Hall it sounded that the plans would be rejected as too many properties for the site in their opinion; which is also the same with Queensway but that project would get voted thru as the other parties supported it despite it being a (imo) worse, denser, higher, ghetto.
Seaway going no where, slowly.
I thought the council were under pressure to increase housing to meet government targets? Fossetts Farm seems ideal as its out of town and serviced by a major dual carriage way. Admittedly, Prior Crescent is a bottle neck, but the immediate road infrastructure is good imho.
If not fossetts farm, where?

Back