• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Will you still attend next season?

Will you still attend next season?

• Yes

Votes: 293 73.8%
  • No

Votes: 57 14.4%
  • Maybe

Votes: 47 11.8%

• Total voters
I voted yes but it is hard to not feel anger and bitterness at the chairman and then at the same time put money into the club he alone controls.

If the price is right and if the team is funded appropriately etc.

But if the team is again a shambles and bills go unpaid then I will stay away.

I don't want to stay away. I want to support my club, but it hasn't felt like my club for several seasons now.

The team have been overfunded and thats why the debt keeps increasing. Its why bills have not been paid.

In the last season there is another fan myth emerging, that Ron has spent money on his "Stadium pension pot dream."

Paying off 20 plus players and coaching staff, all of whom us fans wanted gone. Plus record injuries meaning extra players were needed......Thats why we couldn't pay the bills and ended up on an embargo........The irony is Ron has acted like the wealthy fool so many fans think is the answer for a dream chairman.

But all us fans wanted improvements......Remember when Luggy's brand of football was to direct and wouldn't get us out of L2......To change that has ended up costing us £5m a season.

I will of course continue to go as will my husband, son and daughter.
Both my children have been raised at that club and although I am saddened at our demise it is still my club.
Whether I decide to get a ST is another matter as I suspect they will reduce the capacity and could even look at closing one stand (which most likely would be the West)

I will of course continue to go as will my husband, son and daughter.
Both my children have been raised at that club and although I am saddened at our demise it is still my club.
Whether I decide to get a ST is another matter as I suspect they will reduce the capacity and could even look at closing one stand (which most likely would be the West)

There is a strong possibility that covid restrictions will be in place. So all stands likely to be open.

I will go to some away games as it's always a great day out win or lose. I have loved SUFC for over 50 years and there is only one team (I have never believed in 2nd teams or glory hunting) but I won't be giving anymore of my hard earned money to line the pocket of someone who's obsession with a fantasy ground has destroyed my beloved football club.

Yes of course lol, what else am I going to do at 3 in the afternoon on a Saturday when all my pals are at the hall having a pint & pie and watching the footy, sit in and watch Loose Women?

Nah, get me back in our decaying ground. Can't wait to be back, missing it. Always will be my team

After yesterday I’m resigned to our fate. I will be there as soon as we are allowed back into grounds, even if it’s National League, and the plan is to attend as many home and away games as possible.

I’ve really missed match days, and especially away trips and there are some interesting local-ish away days;

Aldershot
Barnet
Boreham Wood
Bromley
Dagenham & Redbridge
Dover
Eastleigh
Maidenhead
Sutton (if they don’t go up)
Wealdstone
Woking

Also, slightly further afield going to Weymouth & Kings Lynn will be great days out.

Id also be looking at travelling up to Notts County, Chesterfield & down to the ‘Riviera’ that is Torquay !

So lots to look forward to... eh!?!?

Those of us who don't live locally have been able to watch on iFollow this season. That dubious pleasure will presumably be denied to us if we go down so back to following on radio or checking texts every couple of minutes. Another source of revenue the club will lose.

I go and watch them whatever division we are in. We will get up to 6-8k as fans are desperate to watch football after almost 2 years in lockdown.

There are 2 theories on that. 1 like you say is that people can't wait to be back and will come back regardless of what football is on offer. The other is that people will either be cautious about coming back to crowded spaces after so long, or after so long without going to games will have new routines or realise they dont miss it as much as they thought they would.

Back