• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

To keep or not to keep - That is the question (Part 2)

To keep or not to keep

• Total voters

RHB

I'm a Gnu, how do you do!⭐⭐
Staff member
Same deal as the first thread Simple enough really, these are the midfielders and forwards that are currently with the Club, either permanently or on loan. Regardless of their status now, given their performances over the season, which ones would you like to retain for next season? I've had to split this into two threads as I can't get all the players in one poll. Just click on the ones you want to keep.

Taylor and Olayinka are good footballers. Olayinka is way too good to stay and Taylor is a Molesley guy so I assume he'd be off.

Gard, Phillips and Egbri have all got something about them so I'd not be opposed to keeping them. And I know Jon Benton's family so have to vote to keep him.

I'd not lose any sleep if the whole lot went.

Taylor and Olayinka are good footballers. Olayinka is way too good to stay and Taylor is a Molesley guy so I assume he'd be off.
Yes - would love to keep both of these so have ticked above but no way their respective parent clubs would want them loaned to the conference.

A combination of Rush/Acquah/Akinola would probably be quite a decent strikeforce at the level below either as a two or a three.

I’ve counted 9 that I’d realistically want to keep over the two polls which and those which would actually realistically want to stay

Understand a lot of people will ask for a complete overhaul - but let’s be real here. Have we got a club structure capable of bringing in 25 fresh players? No.
The “due diligence” is atrocious. Think there’s 9 there that would be good enough for a good team in the National League.

I’ve counted 9 that I’d realistically want to keep over the two polls which and those which would actually realistically want to stay

Understand a lot of people will ask for a complete overhaul - but let’s be real here. Have we got a club structure capable of bringing in 25 fresh players? No.
The “due diligence” is atrocious. Think there’s 9 there that would be good enough for a good team in the National League.

Not looking for a fight but why did you vote for McCormack? He'd be just about the last player I'd be looking to retain.

Think I kept 7 and that was generous. If we can bring people in I’d be tempted to rid of all senior pros. The atmosphere must be horrendous. Needs a clean slate.

Why would anyone vote to retain Goodship?

Was it made out of pity or because he could still be a great asset in the SUFC hide and seek team at the Christmas party?
Why would anyone vote to retain Goodship?

Was it made out of pity or because he could still be a great asset in the SUFC hide and seek team at the Christmas party?
is his contract up this summer

Think I kept 7 and that was generous. If we can bring people in I’d be tempted to rid of all senior pros. The atmosphere must be horrendous. Needs a clean slate.

I agree, I think the senior pro's have to go. I literally couldn't handle watching Demi ever again. How he's played such a big part in our season haunts me every day.

Yes - would love to keep both of these so have ticked above but no way their respective parent clubs would want them loaned to the conference.

A combination of Rush/Acquah/Akinola would probably be quite a decent strikeforce at the level below either as a two or a three.

Not sure i can agree with that. There is very little difference between NL and L2, in all fairness both are **** leagues. No way Acquah will be any different in the conference than in L2. It will be a damn sight tougher for sure and not sure the likes of Acquah and Rush would be strong enough. Akinola has been there before so know that he can perfom at that level with the right support around him

I've discarded the loanees for now. ANG, Ferguson, Egbri and Akinola are definites. Dieng and Klass are borderline - Dieng for his versatility and Klass because there's a great player hiding in there; maybe he needs a kick up the backside.

Can't see the attraction of Egbri. He's nippy, but like an annoying mosquito which just buzzes around but gets easily swatted. Ferguson has to go - ballwatcher with no ability to jump or desire to get stuck in...like RHF, he scored one great goal and then sat back and thought that was job done. Akinola looked good early on, but soon couldn't resist trying to beat everyone on the park and as for THAT penalty!?! Acquah I would only keep if a shop mannequin wasn't available. In terms of effort and effectiveness, Nile Ranger is probably top performer in his 660 second outing, but I'm not wholly convinced it would last the full 5400 seconds.

I'm taking a punt on Oleyinke, but he may end up the same as Akinola. Dieng has played reasonably up front and in midfield for me, BUT he does need to be reminded of the colour strip we are playing in now and again to aid his distribution. Holmes and ANG do bring some pace (though ANG can take on that extra man unnecessarily). Walsh has dome okay and I like Taylor - call me mad! As for Matt Rush - he's deserved a chance for some weeks now and he does seem to understand what the big white box with a net hanging in it is for.

a number of these players I will miss from a financial perspective as they have helped me afford a ticket on the first commercial space flight from the money accrued in my swear box:Smile:

Was stunned to see the support for Egbri.
If he thinks seeing more grass than ball in Lge2 was tough - wait till he meets the NL heavyweights!
Genuine, rather than rhetorical, but what have others seen in Rush to merit his current 70% vote?
As for Goodship's three votes, am assuming there's a trio with a marked sense of humour!:Winking2:

Was stunned to see the support for Egbri.
If he thinks seeing more grass than ball in Lge2 was tough - wait till he meets the NL heavyweights!
Genuine, rather than rhetorical, but what have others seen in Rush to merit his current 70% vote?
As for Goodship's three votes, am assuming there's a trio with a marked sense of humour!:Winking2:
I remember Egbri playing against Borehamwood and his desire stood out even against those 7ft cloggers.

We need players capable of causing teams problems, Egbri and Kinali seem to fit that mould. I'd also like to see what Nile can do as he could be the guy to fire us back into the league

Back