• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question What is making you happy today?

Just looked out of the window and it looks like they are rebuilding the central chimney at the Grand. I of course as you'd expect had already spoken to the bricklayer and he told me they are reusing all the old bricks and pots. Any new matching bricks needed due to breakages will go round the back.
They're just finishing it. Looks great as does the rebuilt facade This is a replica of the old one and includes a cartouche (I think that's what it is you architecture buffs will know) of the Essex crest but I'm not 100 per cent sure as the scaffolding is in the way. The development is painfully slow but they've now started the form work at the back. The side chimneys will be built round steel frames attached to the inner steel frame of the building. This itself will be costly and time consuming. How they will make a profit is beyond me. It must be costing a fortune. Still better than the derelict eyesore it's been for well over a decade.

Just received our second jab in France.Ironically a couple of days ahead of a good mate, my age in the UK,also a Shrimper,who lives in Norfolk these days.Anyone who thinks that France in particular and the rest of the EU in general aren't doing their level best to catch up with the UK's magnificent vaccine roll out is mistaken.

Just received our second jab in France.Ironically a couple of days ahead of a good mate, my age in the UK,also a Shrimper,who lives in Norfolk these days.Anyone who thinks that France in particular and the rest of the EU in general aren't doing their level best to catch up with the UK's magnificent vaccine roll out is mistaken.

Had my second jab today as well down in deepest darkest Cornwall :Smile:

Boot off and crutches gone - my broken fibula has healed in the 6 weeks since I did it and I can now hobble about without those supports!

Still very wary on the stairs but I won't miss having to put that boot on and off when I need to go to the loo during the night. Just got to wait for the swelling and bruising to go down but it can only get stronger now from day to day.

Boot off and crutches gone - my broken fibula has healed in the 6 weeks since I did it and I can now hobble about without those supports!
Still very wary on the stairs but I won't miss having to put that boot on and off when I need to go to the loo during the night. Just got to wait for the swelling and bruising to go down but it can only get stronger now from day to day.

Another 6 weeks, & you'll be doing 'Mexican cartwheels' again!!.

Back