• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Southend United Ladies

After finishing 2-2, the game went to extra time. Step up Ellie Wood, banging in a hat-trick in about 8 minutes. 2 near the end of the 1st period of extra time and a goal direct from a corner a couple of mins into the 2nd period of extra time. Special mention to Liz Clarke for a stupendous through ball for Ellie's first.

Final score 6-3. Every player gave 110% today. The opposition keeper had a really good game despite the scoreline, could easily have been 7 or 8 without the need for extra time

After finishing 2-2, the game went to extra time. Step up Ellie Wood, banging in a hat-trick in about 8 minutes. 2 near the end of the 1st period of extra time and a goal direct from a corner a couple of mins into the 2nd period of extra time. Special mention to Liz Clarke for a stupendous through ball for Ellie's first.

Final score 6-3. Every player gave 110% today. The opposition keeper had a really good game despite the scoreline, could easily have been 7 or 8 without the need for extra time
Are any of them any good to line up against Salford?

Thanks Phil for posting.
Didn’t go today (wish I had now)

Has the womens season finished? You don't hear much these last few months.

Also (when fans are allowed back) let them plat at RH, I'm sure people will pop along, just to be nosey if nothing else. Womens football is a pretty good standard.

Has the womens season finished? You don't hear much these last few months.

Also (when fans are allowed back) let them plat at RH, I'm sure people will pop along, just to be nosey if nothing else. Womens football is a pretty good standard.
Professional women's football is still going on but since Southend Ladies isn't a professional side they had to stop when lockdown happened and the league they're in was eventually cancelled. They're playing in something called the Champions Plate at the moment (I'm not sure if this is a regular cup or if it was a way of giving Essex County teams some competitive matches), Southend have currently drawn 1 and lost 1 in their group (they've got 2 more teams in their group that they're yet to play).

Professional women's football is still going on but since Southend Ladies isn't a professional side they had to stop when lockdown happened and the league they're in was eventually cancelled. They're playing in something called the Champions Plate at the moment (I'm not sure if this is a regular cup or if it was a way of giving Essex County teams some professional matches), Southend have currently drawn 1 and lost 1 in their group (they've got 2 more teams in their group that they're yet to play).

Thanks for that, I wasn't sure what was going on.

The Ladies are playing Billericay today at Garons. 2pm KO

The Ladies team played today in a pre-season tournament
Hatfield Peverel Ladies Tournament.

I didn't attend but did hear that they played four games back to back and were unbeaten on all games and they were "Champions" of the first Hatfield Peverel Ladies Day.

Well done girls

I approached them about writing an article in the SUFC programme about the ladies team only to be told by the person who (eventually) replied that “they were too busy with work commitments” to speak to me.

Disappointing attitude as I thought they’d welcome the opportunity to receive publicity and coverage but there you go ?

Back