• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Coronavirus (Non-Politics)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Indeed, very bizarre.

According to some so called experts who don't have to say the right thing due to their employment with a big company or government. The only children who have died from covid have had a pre existing health problem. So why would you risk your own childs health or try and pressure other parents into vaccinating healthy children.
because they can transmit the virus.

No one can definitely say that only children with preexisting conditions have died due to COVID-19. The data aren't reported in the UK in that way because the numbers are so low that it'd be a data confidentiality issue, so it comes down to what's in the public domain, which is different.

It does seem that child mortality is extremely low, and that the few publicised cases in the UK were in children with pre-existing conditions, but that doesn't mean you should necessarily rule out vaccination of children (or assume children are safe from the effects of COVID-19). There is evidence in Brazil of a large number of child deaths from COVID-19, including in children without previously diagnosed pre-existing conditions.

Significantly reduced sounds a bit vague to me. So its not actually a true Vaccine then because that would actually prevent you getting it and you wouldn't therefore pass it on?

I thought herd immunity can only come from enough people having had covid ?

Or if enough people have had the vaccine cf Israel.

Last edited:
Got my first jab this afternoon with the AZ vaccine so I await the onset of feeling crap, or hopefully not.

I'm not particularly a vaccine fan but thought this was the right thing to do in my late 40's.

If we are talking about children then there is no way I would let my primary age children be vaccinated, there's still no data on long term effects and any risk far outweighs any benfits for them currently.

That's only my opinion but it's the only one that matters in this instance

Got my first jab this afternoon with the AZ vaccine so I await the onset of feeling crap, or hopefully not.

I'm not particularly a vaccine fan but thought this was the right thing to do in my late 40's.

If we are talking about children then there is no way I would let my primary age children be vaccinated, there's still no data on long term effects and any risk far outweighs any benfits for them currently.

That's only my opinion but it's the only one that matters in this instance

The only proposals I've seen for the vaccination of children ,so far,was on French TV news last night proping vaccintions for secondary school children aged 15-18 (once adults over 18 have been vaccinated.Makes sense to me.

Or if enough people have had the vaccine cf Israel.

They had very low rates before vaccines. They are a bit stricter about who comes and goes to their country.

They wouldn't even let Albert Bourla the CEO of Pfizer enter the country. He hadn't had his vaccine because at 59 he feels healthy and is happy for others to go ahead of him.

Last edited:
They had very low rates before vaccines. They are a bit stricter about who comes and goes to their country.

They wouldn't even let Albert Bourla the CEO of Pfizer enter the country. He hadn't had his vaccine because at 59 he feels healthy and is happy for others to go ahead of him.

Obviously Israel is a small country a bit like NZ or Oz (in terms of population).You will have noticed I'm sure that even the UK now has much more stringent travel restrictions than previously.

The only proposals I've seen for the vaccination of children ,so far,was on French TV news last night proping vaccintions for secondary school children aged 15-18 (once adults over 18 have been vaccinated.Makes sense to me.

Stop press.I notice Canada has now authorised Vaccines for 12-15 year olds:-

4h ago17:34

Canada permits Pfizer vaccine for 12-15 year olds
Reuters reports:
Canada is authorising the use of Pfizer Inc’s Covid-19 vaccine for use in children aged 12 to 15, the first doses to be allowed for people that young, the federal health ministry said on Wednesday.
The US Food and Drug Administration is expected to take a similar step “very soon,” US health officials said.
Supriya Sharma, a senior adviser at the Canadian federal health ministry, said the Pfizer vaccine, produced with German partner BioNTech SE, was safe and effective in the younger age group.
“We are starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel,” she told a briefing.

My eldest son ( 37 ) who lives in NY had his 2nd AZ one 2 weeks ago. Out there, they administer both in a 3 week period, as initially was suggested here.
He had no symptoms after his 1st one, but felt like rubbish the day after his 2nd one!.
I'm 37 and felt like I had the flu the next day. Absolutely floored me, although I still managed to look after 2 young kids (eldest is 2 1/2 and youngest is 1) and did some DIY. Felt much better the the next day.

I'm hoping I got all of the symptoms with my 1st dose. 2nd does is booked in for sometime in June.

How crazy it is that in Dallas on Saturday they’re having 70k people in a stadium for Billy Joe Saunders v Canelo yet in the UK we can’t go and watch the last game of the season.

How crazy it is that in Dallas on Saturday they’re having 70k people in a stadium for Billy Joe Saunders v Canelo yet in the UK we can’t go and watch the last game of the season.

Really, jesus, that's a bit too soon for my liking.

I'm 37 and felt like I had the flu the next day. Absolutely floored me. Felt much better the the next day.
I'm hoping I got all of the symptoms with my 1st dose. 2nd does is booked in for sometime in June.

My 'other half' had her 2nd one yesterday. After her 1st one, she felt lousy next day, so was somewhat apprehensive about how she'd feel today?.
No probs at all, even her arm didn't ache which was a bonus, as she was able to cook my dinner!.

After having my 1st AZ jab yesterday things have been pretty uneventful today.

Other than waking up at 2am freezing cold and shivering, I went back to sleep and woke up this morning feeling fine. Not even much of a sore arm either.

Maybe the 2nd dose will be the leveller?

Good to see that there are now fewer people in hospital with COVID than there are hospitals in the UK, obviously meaning less than 1 person per hospital on average.

Time to continue with the roadmap to freedom :Happy:
Yes,and likely you and I have friends on waiting lists for procedures/operations who have been managing, but struggling, awaiting regular NHS work to get started.
Hopefully, soon.

Good news. Although in my opinion it's practically impossible to achieve alert level 1 here on the old Nando's chart.

You're right, reaching level one will never happen, but I guess the GOV has to set targets.

It's like every other disease around the world, we rely on medical science to come up with a vaccine to help us live with it, it will never go away fully.

Was looking at some stats today, haven't looked for a while, so was surprised to see Sweden at the top of the list, and also Chile. Chile have good vaccine stats so was surprised to see them suffering another wave - it appears couple of things at play, lower efficacy of the CoronaVac vaccine and opening up too soon.
1620676968577.png
1620676999987.png

I also note India is not too bad on a per 10,000 of population basis, but as I said before that'll be no comfort in the areas where the medical system is overwhelmed.

Zero, Nil, Nada, None, not one death recorded from Covid yesterday in England .

How is this not the No1 headline and news story?

For sure there will be more deaths and agony BUT still a very pleasing figure and day?
It’s a great achievement and milestone but it would feel very off to ‘celebrate’ it, seeing as a country we’ve not really had yet the proper ability to mourn those who have died from this horrific disease, and the many others who have died due to unrelated reasons.

I do feel like there needs to be a balance between celebrating this is over and collectively reflecting on those lives lost, including the horrific numbers that continue to occur worldwide.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back