• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Transfer Rumours Thread (Potential New Signings)

Not suggesting it’s right but I’m sure of it that cox will be one of the signings wife’s just had a baby they are Essex based... I actually think his ship as sailed at Southend but I’m sure he will be back ..

Not suggesting it’s right but I’m sure of it that cox will be one of the signings wife’s just had a baby they are Essex based... I actually think his ship as sailed at Southend but I’m sure he will be back ..
I also think we might not have seen the last of Coxy. Aus League where he last played is probably no better than L2 and Phil signed him before so who knows?

Not sure how I'd feel, he's known to be disruptive in the dressing room and probably isn't on the same level as he was before. I'd much rather we looked for someone else

I could be wrong, but I thought that the relationship between Cox and Brown was pretty fractious by the end?

Lots of really good players mentioned here but does anyone else feel like it’s players more in the 26-30 age range we need rather than younger players which we have in abundance? Players who have been released from league clubs or who have done well at local non league clubs and looking to make that step. Personally I am not across lower league players that well apart from those who played well against us last season (and therefore unlikely to be available) but there must be loads of these types of players who would love to play for Southend.

Cox fell out of favour with Campbell which is why he asked to leave. Also

Screenshot_20210512-095528_Chrome.jpg

Interesting

I wouldn't want Cox back, not after some of the stories I've heard. Seems like a bit of a bully to me
Its always difficult. If only being nice and winning were essential bedfellows...
Cox in the NL? Unlikely?
If he was to accept an affordable wage and wanted to finish with us as he is now local? Would we really say no thanks, we think we can attract better.
He is a natural goalscorer and with the space he will find in the NL he would score goals.
Some players love the game and want to play on at any level.
Some say that as far down as I'm going, I've made my money, now's the time to quit..
Worth a phone call.

PB will keep the ox I reckon.
Its always difficult. If only being nice and winning were essential bedfellows...
Cox in the NL? Unlikely?
If he was to accept an affordable wage and wanted to finish with us as he is now local? Would we really say no thanks, we think we can attract better.
He is a natural goalscorer and with the space he will find in the NL he would score goals.
Some players love the game and want to play on at any level.
Some say that as far down as I'm going, I've made my money, now's the time to quit..
Worth a phone call.

Not for me. This is the type of signing that, although I fully expect PB to try and pull off, we need to avoid.
The facts have all been laid bare by the likes of Rigsby in previous threads.
No doubt it would be a very convenient way for Cox to top up his retirement fund (Ron would be aware of that only too well), but we've got to be wiser in the transfer market this summer. Essentially we have to look forwards, not backwards.... and come up with something different.

Understand Phil watching Solihull's game tonight against Weymouth wonder who he has got an eye on
Ball, Hudlin and McCarthy I would guess.

Probably none of them. He's probably just doing his homework in terms of quality we'll be facing next season. He probably doesn't know a lot about this level.

That said, if someone catches he eye then all the better.

Back