• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Echo News Experienced trio will be offered new deals at Southend United

John deserves it, he has turned into a solid CB and is very mobile for his age - vastly experienced and clearly has some affinity to the club.

JD waaaaaaaay past his best but does have bags of experience, doesn't appear to have lost his legs but as everyone says, please not in midfield, played very well at Right back when Elvis was away.

Ricky, if we were still league 2 I'd say no way, however, clearly has the stomach for a battle, if he can get fit over the summer he could be a machine at L2 level centrally

I dont think John was on big bucks anyway but I suspect JD and Ricky may have to sharpen their pencils if they want to stay financially

Agree with the majority on JW, despite injury susceptibility, RH if he gets his fitness levels up after a full pre season, and JD, but no where near midfield.

If Elvis goes wouldn't be surprised, get a replacement and JD as cover.

If the OX goes, again wouldn't be surprised, but snap up Haigh from Concord, especially with their manager resigned and a change around in the board room.

Last edited:
Can any of them remember anything other then relegations? Hope im wrong but id like a more clean slate and to remove the loser mentality.

Losing mentality??? We lost what 5/6 games or something in 2021, there were teams higher than us that lost more during that time. White was part of a solid defence and never lets the team down. It was the lack of goals that got us relegated in the end. White of the three is the one i would keep. JD cant see what he offers other than running around and kicking people and putting in hopeless set pieces, Holmes looked better under Brown and if played in the right way could be useful in NL

Hmmm .... how's the extension for the treatment room coming on ?
True, but it is the same injury where clearly he does have a weakness but despite that he was 6th highest in terms of minutes played last season.

He isn't one of those who cries off injured at the slightest knock or twinge and he and Hopson became really effective partnership - now we need to tie Hopson down longer.

Despite some comments (especially on Twitter) I’m pleased about JD. I agree it needs to be at RB but thought he was excellent there at the end of the season and along with Rob Howard think that’s a strong RB pairing for NL.

If we keep Clifford. Rush and Hobson alongside this lot then the rest of those losers can pretty much go.

Back