• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Planning Updates- All The Latest Details. 28/03/2022

I thought the council were under pressure to increase housing to meet government targets? Fossetts Farm seems ideal as its out of town and serviced by a major dual carriage way. Admittedly, Prior Crescent is a bottle neck, but the immediate road infrastructure is good imho.
If not fossetts farm, where?
Your correct council are under pressure to provide more housing.To me its more sensible for the council to put housing were they want it rather than being told to by the government.Again Roots Hall seems a sensible site for this development.Have a feeling politics are coming into play from the local council as someone wants to take the credit for it.

At present, Southend Council is a three party coalition, things could all change after the May elections though. Hopefully the new Council will have a majority of members that favour the FF scheme. Maybe Ron has a good idea of who the pros and antis are and if they are coming up for re election.

Think this is a separate application in the vicinity but nothing to do with RM

Think that is the old NHS site at the back of B & Q by the roundabout along Fossetts Way, or the land behind Waitrose and the ancient momentum.

Think that is the old NHS site at the back of B & Q by the roundabout along Fossetts Way, or the land behind Waitrose and the ancient momentum.

It is the site on the right as you go past B&Q and on to the roundabout where you go left towards Temple Farm/Sutton Road.
The proposed development will be mostly of buildings made under the Modern Method of Construction methods, i.e. built off site in modules and transported in for final fit.

The site behind Waitrose where the ancient monument is is the ex-NHS land sold on by Homes England and will be subject to a separate proposed application. That site site adjoins the proposed stadium site.

I say all these are proposals because until planning permission is agreed on all applications they are just that, proposals.

Was just reading the Echo article of the 23rd April about how the Council are saying the plans for the new stadium are not affected by our likely relegation. A line stood out for me that the council contact said we are a few weeks away from formal plans being submitted. I thought the plans were already in? Are the Council waiting for the club to submit the plans?

Was just reading the Echo article of the 23rd April about how the Council are saying the plans for the new stadium are not affected by our likely relegation. A line stood out for me that the council contact said we are a few weeks away from formal plans being submitted. I thought the plans were already in? Are the Council waiting for the club to submit the plans?

No,the plans are in. I believe we're waiting on a committee date, so this doesn't sound right to. me

The way I see it is both the FF and RH plans have been submitted to the Councils planning department and discussions are ongoing to adjust them so that they get the best chance of approval at the Development Control Committee meeting the date of which is what’s being referred to.

I notice in a online update posted yesterday that both the FF and RH plans will be decided upon at the same time ‘given the linked nature of the proposals’

Once both applications have been passed by the DCC it’s still uncertain as to whether the full council will also give its approval, especially with the new makeup of council members. Some councillors with an ‘interest’ in the proposals eg season ticket holders may be excluded from the vote. For those with a better knowledge of this process, please advise. However the big plus is the financial reward for all involved is huge and it meets Government housing policy and so I hope that we really are at the end of this extremely long process.

Loads of amendments made and submitted to the planning application in the last couple of days. These are summarised in the cover letter as below:

• The adjustment of the eastern boundary of the outline residential blocks adjacent to the Scheduled Monument, have been pulled away from the boundary to include a 30 metre landscape buffer and to reduce the scale of these buildings to four storeys maximum ie no plant will be included at roof level. The applicant is also adopting the Orion Management Plan for the Scheduled Monument to ensure a consistent management regime for the Camp – these changes respond to Historic England’s and the Council’s concerns about the proximity of the new residential buildings to the setting of Prittlewell Camp and how it will be managed for the future.
  • Proposed contributions to the future management and maintenance of Prittlewell Camp have been set out in the Sporting and Community Benefits Statement (April 2021) but are still a matter to be finally agreed with the Council.
  • Both the detailed residential buildings and the principles of the outline Parameter Plans, incorporate further safety and secured by design principles to address comments and concerns raised by Essex Police and other emergency service partners. A number of more detailed comments will need to be resolved in discharging any necessary planning conditions such as Match Day and Stadium Management Plans, match day barrier controls and access for emergency services through the outline area of the application. It is expected that further consultation will take place with Essex Police to discuss any further measures that might need to be addressed at the implementation stage.

In August/September when I was urging patience and saying nothing would be agreed before the new year I didn't mean 2022, but it's looking more likely now.

Why can't Ron just submit plans that don't continuously need amendment? What am I missing? Is he being greedy by trying to fit too many dwellings into the available space? Could he not also have spoken to the emergency services before submission?

For clarity, I don't know the answer to these questions, and it may be that there is a legitimate reason for all of this. But on the face of it, it just seems to be more of the same.

Last edited:
In August/September when I was urging patience and saying nothing would be agreed before the new year I didn't mean 2022, but it's looking more likely now.

Why can't Ron just submit plans that don't continuously need amendment? What am I missing? Is he being greedy by trying to fit too many dwellings into the available space? Could he not also have spoken to the emergency services before submission?

For clarity, I don't know the answer to these questions, and it may be that there is a legitimate reason for all of this. But on the face of it, it just seems to be more of the same.
I think part of the reason is that things are taking so long it gives time for different issues and market changes to arise

Never ending saga this new stadium! If we go by history then the new stadium won't happen...... majority of league clubs have now moved on and built new stadia but we are left behind. Probably 1 of the reason we find ourselves in the National league.

There is a notification in today’s echo paper (page 45) listing the application for development

Does that trigger the consultation phase? Which I gather is 6 weeks. Ron said last week he was looking at getting a special meeting of the Dev/Con committee for 23/6.

Does that trigger the consultation phase? Which I gather is 6 weeks. Ron said last week he was looking at getting a special meeting of the Dev/Con committee for 23/6.
Jai - it states 30 days to respond but interesting developments

I personally would take it over roots hall! Will it ever get built, I still have my doubts.

Back