• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

STANd up and show your support!

Jasrod

In the West Stand ⭐
If like me the last few days has been a rollercoaster of emotions!

For what I can tell the majority of us were and are extremely enthused by the ideas that Stan had brought to our supporter base.

What Stan had proposed has brought us closer together than we have ever been and for me if there is still any glimmer of hope that Stan could still be brought onboard in the capacity in which it had been agreed by a handshake with Ron then it is time for all of us that STANd with Stan to show our support to him in exactly the same way that he did for us!

This is our golden opportunity so let’s not drop the ball. It’s the closest we’ve been to seeing much needed and positive change at our club!

Let’s use this thread to send wishes of support to Stan in the hope that we can influence Ron to reach out and offer to Stan what had originally been agreed.

This could be our last chance!!

PS If you like this post then please add a comment of support!

Last edited:
Dear Stan,

What you did in the past three or so weeks, was provide a possible vision for a much more stable and structured Southend United Football Club.

It gave a sustainable and stable club, compared to the turbulence of the last 12 or so years since Fossetts Farm has been on the radar from when the first planning application was passed. Some 6 month's before Brighton's was!

You carried the majority of supporters with you and although a lot of the results of the plan would be hard to visualise in advance, the aims, in my view, were clear and achievable and would give a united base to move forward from.

With the organised supporters groups still trying, don't let the momentum you have created just fizzle out, work with them in a constructive way and give them the benefit of your expertise and experience in areas where it can really be of use to them.

One thing is beyond doubt, the existence of this football club might just depend on it at some time in the future.

With thanks for your investment in time, effort and the work you put in with your contacts and with Ron from myself and hopefully on behalf of those that really wanted you to succeed.

You owe us nothing, but you take the respect from the majority of us wherever you go.

CMWOW

Last edited:
I was totally gutted to to see the news about Stan yesterday and the way Ron had gone back on his word to Stan it left me feeling low all day.
Stan was like a breath of fresh air after the lows of the last 3 seasons Stans offer of genuine help for the club, passion and knowledge of the industry and wanting to engage with the fan base had really given me hope that if Stan was involved with the club going forward the future of the club would be better than the last 3 awful seasons.
Really hope Ron realises that Stan would be a massive asset to our club going forward and is man enough to give Stan the position that both parties agree too.

Last edited:
Yes, Stan In rather than Ron Out.

Stan I suspect what brought you to the table in the first place, the genuine desire to help the fans of a Club that you hold dear, to reciprocate the feelings of gratitude and admiration that you received from the fans during those amazing six months, is undimished. Save the vast (yet overly vocal) minority the bond formed with the fans was and still is impenetrable.

I'm sure that you are torn here but whilst it appears that Ron has been somewhat heavy handed and clumsy in his communications over the weekend don't let that prevent you doing what you set out to do...help the Club and in particular the fans. If you decide not to try and resolve this issue then I fully respect your decision. But I imagine, in time, it will be something that you look back on and regret.

Do it for Stan, do it for the fans, do it to help make us a progressive football club.

Either way, very best wishes.

Great post, and a good idea to show some support for the man that may just have had enough vision to end the ongoing misery of our slow and terminal decline.
Sadly, I am coming to the conclusion that so long as Martin has any involvement at all in SUFC, we will never move forward in any meaningful or significant way.

On his watch, we have been dragged down to the lowest point in our entire history, so what I can’t quite understand is this .....

Although Martin has led us to complete and utter disaster, and has repeatedly managed to bring our club into disrepute, there still appears to be people on this forum who seem to be willing apologists for him ! Am I missing something ? It’s years since his contribution could be regarded as anything other than toxic to this clubs wellbeing....... but it appears we are well and truly lumbered with a low quality owner who isn’t going anywhere anytime soon.

Prove me wrong Ronald !! ..... I’ll be very happy to admit that I got it all wrong.

Stan, thanks for allowing us a glimpse of what life at a properly run football club could look like. Watching Leicester at the weekend brought tears to my eyes.

We have had nothing but dark days for at least the last three years so you truly were a beacon of light and hope for us.

Sadly it seems that a combination of RM not keeping his promises and some idiotic posters on this site have dissuaded you.

I understand the first point, but you must have known that this was likely, the second point should have been ignored and treated with contempt for the pettiness that those posters showed.

Sadly a lot of supporters including myself will now vote with their feet, and with your withdrawal of involvement possibly the last light of hope has been switched off.

Please reconsider and please get involved again the town needs you, the supporters need you and if only he wasn't so pig-headed RM would realise that he needs you.

Stay safe, happy and healthy!!

Don't get me wrong, I admire Stan for even stepping up in the first place. I just wish he wasn't swayed by a bloody joke of an owner in RM and a few trolls on SZ.

After walking twice, do we really think he wants any actual involvement anymore?

Part of me acknowledges that we're better off with him on side, but another part of me cringes at the fact we keep coming back to him.

We need to move forward with a plan that doesn't hinge on one man IMO, it's a lot of pressure on Stan to be taking so much on his shoulders. Easier said than done but over to you SOS and Shrimpers Trust.

Reactions: fbm
Stan

We’re an incredibly passionate, supportive and committed fan base. But sometimes that means we can’t see the wood for the trees. It felt as if we’d been fighting a losing battle for a long time and watching the slow deterioration of our club. Many had different ideas of how to help, some didn’t know and some just gave up altogether. Then you came along and climbed into that trench with us to help us battle on. Not only were you far better equipped than us, but you were one of us. You love this club like we do and understand the heartache, passion and emotion it takes to support us.

I sincerely hope you can let the dust settle and climb back into that trench with us once more. You owe us nothing and we need you more than you need us. But your vision, experience and engagement was an absolute breath of fresh air.

You did, and still have, my full support Stan.

Although Stan has galvanised the supporters and gave us a breath of fresh air, I think it is time to move on. That ship has sailed. Twice there have been issues and rather than meet them head-on and overcome them Stan has walked. It would have been brilliant having him onboard and helping the Club but we need him to be fully committed. Thanks Stan but no more.

Stan
Like many people from day one you have had nothing less than my full support and admiration. You stood up and placed your head above the parapet and what you said and was prepared to offer in terms of your time and contacts was a breath of fresh air.
Many just ordinary people like me were devastated yesterday by what you indicated had been done to you and I must say the way in which it was done........
You will always have my full support and I also wish you well with whatever direction life takes you, it feels like you are a true friend to all us Shrimpers........

I was a LT season card holder until 3 years ago. Whilst I did attended most home games I didn’t want to commit to a whole season in advance as sometimes what was served up was shocking and unacceptable. Reading and watching Stan’s passion and commitment it really made me think that I should become a season card holder again to play my part.
With Stan now no longer involved I will not be buying a season card but I will attend as before. An opportunity missed by Ron to galvanise all the supporters for next season.

I was a LT season card holder until 3 years ago. Whilst I did attended most home games I didn’t want to commit to a whole season in advance as sometimes what was served up was shocking and unacceptable. Reading and watching Stan’s passion and commitment it really made me think that I should become a season card holder again to play my part.
With Stan now no longer involved I will not be buying a season card but I will attend as before. An opportunity missed by Ron to galvanise all the supporters for next season.

I'm assuming you mean "Lower Tier" as opposed to Luton Town...

What can I do to be a better supporter ? I feel lost as a fan right now. Southend is the only team I have ever supported and I feel like I owe them my support in anyway I can for the all the emotions they have made me experience in my life. What can I do extra to help? I’m lost right now.

If like me the last few days has been a rollercoaster of emotions!

For what I can tell the majority of us were and are extremely enthused by the ideas that Stan had brought to our supporter base.

What Stan had proposed has brought us closer together than we have ever been and for me if there is still any glimmer of hope that Stan could still be brought onboard in the capacity in which it had been agreed by a handshake with Ron then it is time for all of us that STANd with Stan to show our support to him in exactly the same way that he did for us!

This is our golden opportunity so let’s not drop the ball. It’s the closest we’ve been to seeing much needed and positive change at our club!

Let’s use this thread to send wishes of support to Stan in the hope that we can influence Ron to reach out and offer to Stan what had originally been agreed.

This could be our last chance!!

PS If you like this post then please add a comment of support!
Stan I have said it so many times, you gave us hope and a light at the end of our very dark tunnel.

After 53 years I had all but given up with SUFC as I am so sick of us supporters being treated like mushrooms, seen as idiots and basically being taken for granted.

For the time you were involved I could see a light at the end of that tunnel and felt part of my football club again for the first time in many years, sadly that light has been extinguished again.

We all know how hard it is dealing with RM as he knows it all, can do everything himself and blames everyone else he can think of for the diabolic mess SUFC is in.

The supporters believe in you and I can only hope you can at least still be part of us even if it is now impossible to have any direct involvement because of RM and PB. ?

Back