• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What are you having for lunch? (rolling thread)

Gaspatxo was on the menu at our local restaurant for the first time today.A sure sign that it must be summer.Always reminds me of the time back in the day, must have been 79 or 80, when my younger brother (not Rob Noxious but the other one G) came over and was well impressed.He promptly put it on the menu for a business lunch in London that he was hosting.Only to be rather suprised by the number of complaints about the soup being cold! Trust GB businesspeople are a bit better informed about international cuisine these days. :Smile:

You're old school, my nan (passed now), mum and dad love jellied eels. Back in the day they were cheap as chips, now they're really expensive.

Had a pot of them today, along with 2 smoked Mackerels from The Old Town.
Jellied Eels were £4 per tub, in which you get 5 chunks of Eel!.

Had a pot of them today, along with 2 smoked Mackerels from The Old Town.
Jellied Eels were £4 per tub, in which you get 5 chunks of Eel!.

Do younger people eat them? They're certainly an older person's food and as I said not cheap at all.

I still have this vision in my head of my Nan eating them, jelly rolling down her chin whilst she's chumping away at them with her false teeth. It was abuse :Cry:

Do younger people eat them? They're certainly an older person's food and as I said not cheap at all.

Your probably right in that assumption. My 2 sons ( 37 & 35 ) wont touch them, but neither will they go near black pudding, pigs kidney & liver which i consume regularly!.
Always a vain person, i'd consider myself as being at a 'mature age'!! :Whistling:

Back