• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Live Streaming next Season

Smudger

Manager
Presumably iFollow has gone now that we’re no longer part of the football league, so is this something the club could look to do themselves as an additional income stream? We have the exiled fanbase to make this work....

Interesting to read how the iFollow money is apportioned -

I read rumors on here that ifollow is available for a year for relegated teams? I could have imagined it though?

I read rumors on here that ifollow is available for a year for relegated teams? I could have imagined it though?
Don't think so, the EFL don't own the rights to our matches now that we've been relegated, so they'd have to approach the National League for permission (which probably isn't worth the EFL's time to do). BT Sport own the domestic rights to the National League though and as part of that deal they require all NL clubs to film their matches for the highlights show, so at the very least we'll still get highlights.

Since a camera will be there whatever happens Ron could approach the NL (and BT?) and ask for permission to live stream the matches BT aren't interested in. That does also partly depend on if the 3pm blackout gets reintroduced as well once fans (hopefully) are allowed back in next season, I'm not sure if that rule applies to non-league clubs or not.

Apparently the EFL have decided to revert to only allowing live streaming on Saturdays for matches that kick off before 2.15 and after 5.15. This would apply next season provided fans are allowed back into grounds.

Apparently the EFL have decided to revert to only allowing live streaming on Saturdays for matches that kick off before 2.15 and after 5.15. This would apply next season provided fans are allowed back into grounds.
Idiots.

What's the thinking behind that, it makes no sense at all. That's ifollow done then, not many matches are played during those times outside of the Premiership.

so fiddling about with the Colchester figures according to Cowling they sold around 450 i follow passes for their game against Bolton = £4,500. Then they get the first 500 i fol,ow passes sold by the away team. This figure was reported as comfortably reached as Bolton have a big fan base who purchased over 2,200 tickets. Sot thats another 500 x 10 = £5000 So on i follow for that Home game of 23, Colchester made £9,500 from I follow.
Clearly not many teams may make the 500 buys as away fans

Would we speculate as the Home side we would sell more than Colchester ?

Hello Tom, can you get stuck into this income trail and set up our own I follow, sharpish. no pressure, but thats another decent income stream down the pan otherwise?

IF WE JUST TOOK 500 I FOLLOW SALES as our total for a season for JUST each 23 Home games, not counting away i follow revenue if we got any? Then that comes to £115,000 Any accountants got a clearer view?

Trying to find information before COVID is hard but going by the Notts County Ifollow replacement.

"Clubs are given two years' access to the EFL Digital platform following their relegation from the EFL."

Another site is interesting regarding Altrincham.

"Prior to the COVID-19 outbreak, National League clubs were unable to live stream its games to users in the UK. Should those restrictions return, Altrincham bosses may consider setting up a live stream service for supporters that do not live in the British Isles. "

Basically, no clue! Hopefully club communication will improve now and this is sorted soon.

Being exiled up north having a livestream would be brilliant, it's not like fans would choose not to go to the game and watch it on a laptop.

Right now clubs get nothing when fans can't devote their day to a match, at least a livestream lets fans watch the game and provide some income for the club

Trying to find information before COVID is hard but going by the Notts County Ifollow replacement.

"Clubs are given two years' access to the EFL Digital platform following their relegation from the EFL."

Another site is interesting regarding Altrincham.

"Prior to the COVID-19 outbreak, National League clubs were unable to live stream its games to users in the UK. Should those restrictions return, Altrincham bosses may consider setting up a live stream service for supporters that do not live in the British Isles. "

Basically, no clue! Hopefully club communication will improve now and this is sorted soon.

Well done for having a dig around for information.

What with Covid, it seems everything is as clear as mud. Let's be honest, the way things change so quickly, we don't even know if we'll be allowed back into RH next season.

Also sadly watched Hooper with the play off Semi final for Lincoln with a lovely move and header

It is obviously a subject close to my heart, as it is with most ex-pats. I read somewhere (on the Southend United Football Club FB page?) that streaming in the National League was forbidden due to rights issues with BT Sport who show games from that division. At the same time someone said that free commentary of games would be available on local radio I don't know what truth there is in that but I'd have great doubts that ifollow would be put in place for a couple of relegated clubs. even for a limited time. I'd clearly be interested, even if it were just streaming for home games. I hope Tom Lawrence or the Commercial Department will look into it as I'm sure any source of income would be welcomed

It would be great if one day we could see streaming for away games be a widespread and accepted thing. There's a lot of people that would take up the offer that otherwise wouldn't make a long away trip.

Unfortunately with the current rules about not being able to stream Saturday 3pm kick-offs, it's a bit of a no-goer.

Back