• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Football Manager 2021

Having a bash with this at the mo, set it to start at the Feb start date and unsurprisingly took over rock bottom and with no means to improve the squad. Just about stayed up with a last-day win in the first season - season two looking far more promising after major squad surgery. One of the main things I have gone for is to get more pace and height in the team which was sorely lacking.

I decided to miss this one to go on a proper long go with my last save. not that I get to play it since my daughter arrived! Thinking of getting it next season, if baby allows.

Well, it finally happened. Just received news that work on the new stadium has commenced! Southend are due to move into the 28,502 seat Southend Stadium on 21st June 2028.

Well, it finally happened. Just received news that work on the new stadium has commenced! Southend are due to move into the 28,502 seat Southend Stadium on 21st June 2028.
Always seems to be Southend Stadium for the name!

Always seems to be Southend Stadium for the name!

That’s just the way the game is coded. That, or a stadium named after a clubs icon or something. Don’t threat though, there is a way in which to change the stadium name if you aren’t happy with what the games selected.

That’s just the way the game is coded. That, or a stadium named after a clubs icon or something. Don’t threat though, there is a way in which to change the stadium name if you aren’t happy with what the games selected.
Haha I know, I've just not seen the game generate anything other than Southend Stadium for the past 4+ years I think!

I vaguely remember a few FM versions ago the new stadium was to be called Tilson Stadium. I can live with Southend Stadium, certainly better than Martin Dawn Arena.

• Haha
Reactions: JAL
Nearly halfway through season two and have somehow found myself top, playing a very tippy-tappy 5-3-2 that I think would probably throw people here into fits of despair. Best signings are getting Olayinka back on loan, Bevis Mugabi in defence and Kion Etete on loan as an absolute battering ram up front.

FM21 has thrown up something new, been playing FM for a long time and never seen this before. Anyone else had this event before?

1622783138156.png

Apparently been in the game since 2018. Received a message saying due to this announcement shirt sales for the player have increased as well as other merchandising for the club.

Gonna get back on this. Anyone started a career with our January signings? I would guess it's a little bit easier with the extra players

Coming near the end of season 2 and firmly in the promotion hunt still. This is probably the strongest side I can put out at the mo though I do have a couple of annoying long term injuries:

1623190035343.png

Made it up to L1 in the end, winning the league on goal difference. Major blow this summer to lose Kyle Taylor - his contract ran out at Bournemouth and Hibs unfortunately offered him more than I was able to. I was also forced to sell Scott Tiffoney due to a bid too good to turn down, while Dieng, Ferguson and Akinola have now all been released. We do have Olayinka back on loan for a third season running, while Clifford and Elvis are both still doing great in the wing-back positions. Kenny Coker is coming on really well and breaking into the first team.

Bringing in big Marvin Ekpiteta has been a boost!

Last edited:
Back