• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Live Streaming next Season

It was pointed out to Ron that some of the NL stadiums wouldn't be large enough to hold hundreds of Southend fans and the government might continue to limit attendances anyway. I think Tom said it was "on the list" as far as the possibility of streaming away matches was concerned. Can anyone confirm that my memory of the video is correct....?

Yes that's what I understood too though of course no details were provided.

Away games would be something at least. It wouldn't stop me going to Yeovil, Weymouth and Torquay, so I doubt it would stop others going to Dagenham, Bromley etc. I am sure there a a few hundred exiled and overseas shrimpers that would be happy to pay £150+ a season for this, when the reality is that the games have to be covered anyway, so the cost wouldn't be significant.

Still not sure about this. I am really annoyed at the club for not even thinking about this. I might email them. Any ideas on an email address?
Did you watch the Zoom meeting of last week? They have thought about it but not fully explored possibilities. Rights issues are complex it seems.

But it is vital to give preference to paying customers at the stadium, this is what keeps small clubs alive.
I agree, but me and a lot of other people who cant make every home game have a couple hundred quid waiting for them to take. Not to mention i would watch the games with my son in an attempt to bring him up a shrimper.

Plus there are a number of older fans who just arent up to tuesday night games in a cold january...

As ive said before, its 2021 not 1991

Stating the obvious, that service appears to have only come into being because of Covid restrictions on attendance. They seem enthusiastic about continuing the streaming but I fear BT sport may have the last word on that.

I notice from new signing interviews that there is now something called 'Blues TV'. Hopefully the beginnings of a platform for full match streaming, in addition to interviews.

Ah revoir and Aug Wiedersehen, iFollow! (for now...)

Toms list might explore, maybe he could tell Ron thats around £250 down the drain then from me for away games as I wont be rushing to Darlington on a wet and windy November night and I watched every game last season including the rubbish cup performances

Back to the steam radio

I notice from new signing interviews that there is now something called 'Blues TV'. Hopefully the beginnings of a platform for full match streaming, in addition to interviews.

Ah revoir and Aug Wiedersehen, iFollow! (for now...)
Dream on, dear friend, if it's watching you want.
The viewing rights are held by BT courtesy of a deal with the NL.
If it's radio, and the tradition of the last four seasons continues, one can listen from the BBC non-league site each and every matchday.
I'd love to know what the thinking is behind Blues TV?

Last edited:
Dream on, dear friend, if it's watching you want.
The viewing rights are held by BT courtesy of a deal with the NL.
If it's radio, and the tradition of the last four seasons continue, one can listen from the BBC non-league site each and every matchday.
I'd love to know what the thinking is behind Blues TV?

Video interviews. Its always been like that hasnt it?

Yeah this. Back before iFollow one could part with a princely sum in return for extended highlights and interviews.
I used to subscribe to listen to the games, and could watch interviews, pre match etc

Ive always thought it was a bit silly not allowing fans to see these unless they paid. Creates a distance between what the managers and players say and their personalities. That stuff should be free imo.

I did get to hear tilly say "like i say" 30 million times tho, which is of course, priceless.

I used to subscribe to listen to the games, and could watch interviews, pre match etc

Ive always thought it was a bit silly not allowing fans to see these unless they paid. Creates a distance between what the managers and players say and their personalities. That stuff should be free imo.

I did get to hear tilly say "like i say" 30 million times tho, which is of course, priceless.
Just as relevant is the likelihood this content will find its way on to here.
Frankly, there's little a player has to say to the official site I'd be interested in.
Talking of verbal ticks, how many: 'this is a massive game...'this is a tricky game...'they're a good side' (even if bottom), do you want to pay for?

Just as relevant is the likelihood this content will find its way on to here.
Frankly, there's little a player has to say to the official site I'd be interested in.
Talking of verbal ticks, how many: 'this is a massive game...'this is a tricky game...'they're a good side' (even if bottom), do you want to pay for?
Lol yep. Im sure tillys interviews were copied and pasted.

I paid for the commentary as dont live in essex And used to watch the interview videos as they were there. It did help to get to know the personalities of the players a bit, and always fun when they go off script a bit. Im not really fussed anymore but i do feel they should be free to fans, especially the kids who idolise a bit more then us old farts. All helps building a connection.

Back