• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Euros

Not impressed by Spain, lacking quality in the side and could have kept passing the ball all day long without scoring.

Couple of good matches later today.

Spain could easily have lost that game, best chance to the, very average but organised Swedes.
Scotland worked hard, honest players but few would make a reasonable Championship side, fewer still Prem players and I doubt any would get in a theoretical team GB.

The commentary said Real Madrid have no players in Spanish squad? Wow! If so that is worse than lots of our top Prem sides who have a smattering of Englanders.

Not the way I saw it.Granted Spain misfired but this is clearly a team in transition.Remember they were without Busi their inspirational midfielder and captain because of covid.In any case I'd expect them to make the last 16 easily enough.

Ramos was the only real (no pun intended :Winking: ) contender.And his recent injury record has kept him out.

Prefer Gerrard Moreno (ex-Espanyol) to Morata and was suprised he didn't start.

Last edited:
Its very,very quite here in Germany.
Bit like how it was before the S/F v England at Euro 96.They expected to lose.But when they knocked us out...life was hell here....so come France

Thought France showed why they're most people's favourites (including mine) to win the Euros earlier.

Like him or not (personally I'm indifferent) it seems you can't keep Ronaldo down.Don't expect Portugal to remain top of the group too much longer though. :Winking:

I thought France did okay without being anything wonderful, without the appalling OG they don't win the game.

Germany on the other hand were well below par, I've never seen a German side give the ball away so frequently and look so disorganised.

I thought France did okay without being anything wonderful, without the appalling OG they don't win the game.

Germany on the other hand were well below par, I've never seen a German side give the ball away so frequently and look so disorganised.

Good innit.

Germany were poor weren’t they? France were good and deserved the 3 points but as overall winners I still fancy Italy, Belgium and .. well you can’t write off Portugal or Ronaldo. WHAT a player.

I've said it elsewhere, it's harder to win the Euro's than the World cup. Other than Brasil and Argentina, you have 8 of the top ten teams in the World.

Thought France showed why they're most people's favourites (including mine) to win the Euros earlier.

Like him or not (personally I'm indifferent) it seems you can't keep Ronaldo down.Don't expect Portugal to remain top of the group too much longer though. :Winking:

According to the BBC - 1 shot on target for each of France and Germany. God it’s so boring.....

Ronaldo? There can be little argument that he is a fantastic player, maybe best ever. However I have yet to hear or read that he is a pleasant or nice bloke.
He leads by example and he works harder than 99.999% of players to be the best.
He has now, maybe, started a trend of influence towards, or against, major sponsors. Pogba seems to have followed on from that. Corporate heads will be considering options and EUFA will be worrying about their money tap being turned down. Could it lead to the € or £ of the real fans becoming more respected.
#almostpolitical

Back