• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

2022-23 Season Cards - credit card sales now open on OS

I agree, I think that they are good and fair options. Unless I missed it, it would have been good to know the season ticket prices for those who may need to consider that before requesting any refund.

That's an observation, not a criticism, because I think this is the right tone from the club so fair play.

I agree, I think that they are good and fair options. Unless I missed it, it would have been good to know the season ticket prices for those who may need to consider that before requesting any refund.

That's an observation, not a criticism, because I think this is the right tone from the club so fair play.
They said they will be announced tomorrow

AN UPDATE FROM ROOTS HALL - News - Southend United

Firstly, we know that many of our fans have been significantly impacted by COVID and we send our heartfelt best wishes to you all.

Now, after a difficult 18 months on and off the pitch, there is a swell of positivity building at the Club and we know that fans are starting to look forward to watching the team from the stands at Roots Hall once again!

There is a reset taking place at the Club, across all Departments. We are implementing new procedures and processes with a view to improving the customer journey and fan experience.

Phil and Ricky are working hard to ensure we have a team capable of winning the National League…and we are hoping for a cup run too!

This update will provide you with information in relation to compensation for all those who purchased a Season Card for 2020/21.

Season Cards 2020/21

Whilst we won’t labour the point too much (because, like us, we know that many of you have been financially impacted by the pandemic), COVID has had a huge impact on the Club, its business and cashflow. That said, we want to compensate our fans who purchased a Season Card for 2020/21 and recognise their loyalty.

There is no simple solution to this issue, however, we have listened to fan feedback, and we are offering two options.

The two options available to you are, broadly, donate to the Club or request a credit on your season card, taking into account the provision of iFollow last season.

To incentivise Season Card holders to donate, we are providing significant benefits for those who choose to donate. Those benefits include honouring the price of a 2021/22 Season Card for the 2022/23 season and a unique exclusive replica shirt offer (if renewing in 2021/22), as well as free entry to friendlies and your name on the ‘Wall of Thanks’.

It would be a great if you could help the Club and donate the balance of your Season Card, however, we understand that everyone’s circumstances are different.

To recognise the loyalty of the fans who purchased a 2020/21 Season Card, regardless of whether you donate or request credit, we will be issuing you with an exclusive lanyard (and Season Card if you renew). The lanyard not only provides a visual representation of your loyalty but will entitle you to benefits including an exclusive training session at Roots Hall followed by a meet the players and management session.

We recognise that there may be individual circumstances which require a bit more thought – if you think that is you, please complete the ‘add a comment’ section in the form or PDF below.

We want our fans to be as happy as possible with what has been a really difficult set of circumstances for us all to navigate. We also need to manage cashflow and we want to give Phil and Ricky the best chance of returning League football to Roots Hall.

The two options mentioned above are:

1 Donate the balance of your season ticket to the Club

We would be very grateful if fans would consider donating the balance of their Season Card to the Club. In return for this wonderful gesture, we will provide you with:

• A unique exclusive replica shirt (free for adults, 50% off for seniors, 25% off for ‘other’ category, if renewing for the 2021/22 season)
  • We will honour 2021/22 Season Card prices for 2022/23 (even if we are promoted).
  • Your name on the ‘Wall of Thanks’ which will be displayed prominently at Roots Hall and then moved to the new stadium.
  • Free Entry to all pre-season friendlies.
  • You will be entered into a draw to win one of the following:
  • Spot at our Golf Day (2 chances to win)
  • Invite to the team photo day and be in team photo (5 chances to win)
  • Hospitality for first game of the season
  • Mascot package (5 chances to win)
  • 12th Man Package (5 chances to win)
2 Pro-rata credit to your account

If you would like to request a pro-rata credit to your account, then the sum to be loaded to your account will be calculated having regard to the provision of iFollow passes from last season.

As we say above, we want our supporters to be as happy as possible with what is a difficult situation for all.

Please do contact us using the “add a comment” section on the survey and we will contact you in return.

Up The Blues!

Click here to fill out the Online Survey.

Printable PDF to send to:

Southend United Football Club
Roots Hall Stadium
Victoria Avenue
Southend-on-Sea
Essex
SS2 6NQ

Details of 2021/22 Season Card prices will be announced tomorrow (Friday 18th June 2021).

Agreed, they seem like two good options. Has anyone financially minded worked out what the pro rata refund would be? Assume it won't be much as there were 21 iFollow (at a tenner each) and 2 live games. I honestly can't remember what I paid for my season ticket last year!

I guess 21 ifollow games at £10 each and 2 games in the ground equates to about £260. I think season tickets were £370 last year for adults with £89 credit if you didn't want to donate, making it £280.

Although that doesn’t affect me, I think that’s two quite good options there for season card holders from last season. This is what you get when you have a CEO!

Seems very similar to last year's offering when we were offered a chance to win one of 12 prizes if we didn't demand a refund

1. Chance to be in the official 2020/21 Squad Photo

2. Training Ground visit and opportunity to meet the first team

3. Travel with the first team to a game & directors box tickets for two (when safe to return following EFL guidance)

4. Free pitch hire booking to play at Roots Hall with family & friends

5. Train with a number of the first team squad and have lunch with the team

6. Sponsor a player for the season as part of the player sponsorship package

7. Lead the team out with a 12th man package & an official, personalised shirt of your choice

8. Signed 2020/21 Hummel Home Shirt

9. Signed 2020/21 Hummel Away Shirt

10. Free 2020/21 Season Card (when safe to return following EFL guidance)

11. Hospitality Box for a game of your choice (when safe to return following EFL guidance)

12. Table of four in the Captains Suite (when safe to return following EFL guidance)

I guess 21 ifollow games at £10 each and 2 games in the ground equates to about £260. I think season tickets were £370 last year for adults with £89 credit if you didn't want to donate, making it £280.

21 iFollow games = 21 * £10 = £210
2 games @ Roots Hall = £370/23 * 2 games = £16.09 *2 = £32.18

So pro-rata cost for Season Ticket last season would be £210+ £32.18 = £242.17

So credit should be £370-£242.17 = £127.83

Seems very similar to last year's offering when we were offered a chance to win one of 12 prizes if we didn't demand a refund

Yes it may but there are also some things in there that aren’t and it’s been sold much better than the last one.

Im trying to be positive that the club are actually trying and hopefully tomorrow will show they really are with their price announcement.

Same as last season. How can you make a decision if you don't know the price of a season ticket for next season?

they are coming out tomorrow so plenty of time before filing the form in

Last edited:
21 iFollow games = 21 * £10 = £210
2 games @ Roots Hall = £370/23 * 2 games = £16.09 *2 = £32.18

So pro-rata cost for Season Ticket last season would be £210+ £32.18 = £242.17

So credit should be £370-£242.17 = £127.83
I wonder how the ifollow will work for me as I had 3 season tickets from the same household - in theory they should only take that off one ticket…guess I’ll ask before making my decision!

I wonder how the ifollow will work for me as I had 3 season tickets from the same household - in theory they should only take that off one ticket…guess I’ll ask before making my decision!
Good point...if you all watched IFollow games from the same house then your discount should be significantly higher. Were all 3 season tickets adult prices?

If you detail the cost of your 3 season tickets, i'll reply with my view on your discount

Did you get 3 different codes for each game or just the one per household?

Good point...if you all watched IFollow games from the same house then your discount should be significantly higher. Were all 3 season tickets adult prices?

If you detail the cost of your 3 season tickets, i'll reply with my view on your discount
No only one adult 2 were kids

Did you get 3 different codes for each game or just the one per household?
I don’t remember it’s all linked through my account and email - the codes didn’t actually last long did they

Back