• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Transfer Rumours Thread (Potential New Signings)

Acquah run like an 38 year old forward on his last legs, just jog around and only give 50%, that why he got abuse. He is the most easy forward for an opponent defender to mark, they even can lay on the pitch, chill out with a drink ? when playing against him.
Except that he isn't a forward. And your critical description is way over the top.

So you're saying Molesley took Demetriou off penalty duty because ANG took it off him? Sure.

There was very little difference in the penalties. If anything, Rush's was a couple of inches closer to the corner.

thanks for the Cathy Newman statement.

MM would hardly say after the game. "Actually Demetriou took himself off of penalties after the incident at Scunny. As you can imagine it caused an almighty dressing room bust up. The fans have all seen enough wide midfielders in the time....All pace and no brains. Anyway by the look on Rons face this is the final straw for me but i wish the lads and the fans all the best"

There was a huge difference in the penalties. Sim bobbled his one at a slower pace. Matt Rush was right in the corner but the keeper was at full stretch. Which is why Carlisle celebrated so much.

Matt Rush works a lot harder than EA. He had won the pen with a clever tug on their defender and the so called miss in a 1v1 was actually another good save, That chance was created by Matt closing down the keeper in the first place.

If PB is prepared to let 2 of the players under contract go he presumably thinks he can get someone in that’s better. Could be interesting.

If PB is prepared to let 2 of the players under contract go he presumably thinks he can get someone in that’s better. Could be interesting.

more likely they are not ”his” players and he wants to show it’s his way now.

We know how he likes a team to play, defend first, attack second, hard graft from all, one up and defend a lead. If you can’t do that you are not needed.

I'll take a straight swap of Akinola and ANG for Fonguck and Mason-Clarke.

I do however think it will be a mistake to let Akinola go. Give him a season in the NL and see how he gets on.

Last edited:
I've been looking forward to seeing a fit Akinola play for us in a role that suits him. Last season he arrived and had to wait on the sidelines due to our embargo, plus it seems he was never properly fit. Then he had to play in a role that isn't him due to our attacking limitations... with little to no service or support.

As for ANG... I liked him at first, but he seemed to regress and do more and more of his schtick with no end product.

Out of the 2, I'd quite like us to hang on to Sim and let ANG go.
Yeah agreed. ANG didn’t strike me as a team player and I didn’t see enough end product from him. Frustrating and not sure he’s really what we need. Akinola I’ve always rated and think he deserves a crack, he’s done it in the NL before.

We know how he likes a team to play, defend first, attack second, hard graft from all, one up and defend a lead. If you can’t do that you are not needed.

More likely they were not rated by CF and RD. Which is why they hardly featured at the end.

PB normally plays with 2 up top.

I think you’re right. I’m sure if he lets them go it is to make some sort of statement about the previous regime and making this ‘his’ team. I didn’t want to reignite the MM debate. Whatever the reasons he’s putting his neck on the line as any replacements will need to be better. Or of course this a complete non story and just paper talk.

More likely they were not rated by CF and RD. Which is why they hardly featured at the end.

I was just saying on another thread, Akinola was injured someone had a thread on it here earlier htis year, found it and posted the link on that thread.

Perosnally would keep Akinola as he has a good record at this level it seems. ANG so so if he stays fine if he goes so be it

That sounds close to the mark. PB said he consulted closely with RD and CF about the playing staff when he first came back to the club.

If they both go we will need to replace by even better and fitter quality relatively soon. Despite fitness, health issue referred to regarding Akinola I was rather hoping he would stay, especially if whatever the op was has really helped him out and a potential return to full fitness

At times I really enjoyed watching ANG and Akinola, despite some of the lack of final touch issues. I cant remember the last time we had players with that kind of ball and dribbling skills, which aspect's of which at times I actually thought was great fun to watch

They also represent 50% of our peak age players. Two clubs in the National final play offs put 17 players on the park of this much needed group, we would be down to 2 !! unless we start bunging back in youngsters who barely got a game in last year

I thought this was a thread about potential new signings?

Its both incomings and outgoings, and rumours about the same - as with all transfer windows. The only reason this thread has potential new signings in brackets is because the original poster started a thread with that name which took off quickly and we modified it to be the official summer transfer rumours thread.

I would expect one to be allowed to leave rather than both although I guess it boils down to where PB see's them playing, if they are both on the wing we have arguably decent cover available particularly if we pick up RHF as he has been released by pompey.

I would expect one to be allowed to leave rather than both although I guess it boils down to where PB see's them playing, if they are both on the wing we have arguably decent cover available particularly if we pick up RHF as he has been released by pompey.

I doubt we’d go for RHF. I can’t see that he’s any improvement on either Akinola or ANG. He was pretty ineffective and so one footed.

I would be happy if we picked up RHF, I know he is a bit one footed but can develop, He had some energetic games and performed well at times, a little inconsistent but most noticeably did increasingly well in tracking back, better than most ,and that can be a vital contribution

Back