• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Echo News Southend United duo linked with switch to Barnet

I'm not to surprised by this news. Both players didn't really get any game time under brown...... I would keep ang, frustrating player admittedly but he does have talent.

SZ: Why do we always sign old players or players with bad goalscoring records?

Also SZ: 'Bye' when our 28 year old striker with a proven record of goalscoring in the National League is linked with a move away.

Ridiculous. If we were signing somebody of Akinola's age and record we would all be delighted.

It’s gonna be a hell of a comedown after watching these teams at the Euros, watching us slog it out with Aldershot and Solihull Moors. But I can’t wait for the new season and actually getting into some matches with any luck!

It's ridiculous how much SZ turned on Akinola just because of one crap penalty, he's a proven goalscorer at this level and it will be a loss if we lose him.
It was poor penalty at a critical moment in the season! Fans emotions were always going to run high.

Akinola was greatly overrated and i was never sure quite what George brought to the party. Looks like good business if we can lose them as I believe they are both under contract with us.
Couldn't fault akinola work rate when deployed in the number 9 role, but wasn't clinical when chances came his way. personally I don't think akinola is out and out 9, more like inverted winger who likes to cut in to shoot on goal.

It was poor penalty at a critical moment in the season! Fans emotions were always going to run high.
It was a poor one, but then others have missed. For me a penalty should never be saved if the keeper stays on his line and doesnt move for the ball is struck as they are meant to.

It was apparently how he took pens for Barnet too and he apparently had a good record doing so.

Anyway I dont want to look at last season too much i want to focus on next and hoping we have a better one with us fans back in the stadium if at all possible

It was a poor one, but then others have missed. For me a penalty should never be saved if the keeper stays on his line and doesnt move for the ball is struck as they are meant to.

It was apparently how he took pens for Barnet too and he apparently had a good record doing so.

Anyway I dont want to look at last season too much i want to focus on next and hoping we have a better one with us fans back in the stadium if at all possible
I remember at the time I questioned why jd didn't take it, In hignsight he should of. Your quite right that is akinola way of taking pens. Yes I agree we have to look forward and if that means akinola and ang leave so brown can bring in his own players then that's positive sign.

I remember at the time I questioned why jd didn't take it, In hignsight he should of. Your quite right that is akinola way of taking pens. Yes I agree we have to look forward and if that means akinola and ang leave so brown can bring in his own players then that's positive sign.
Agree as long as they are better. For me SA has something (assuming he is fully fit and not suffering from injuries) to offer at this level and as I have said (despite sponsoring his away shirt last season) ANG can go.

Last edited:
Back