• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

PRE-MATCH THREAD - EURO 2021 England vs Scotland - Friday 18th June 2021 8pm

What do you think the England result will be on Friday?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Looks like the Zone is pretty confident of an England win. I think Southgate will go for an unchanged line up with Grealish and/or Rashford brought on to change it up if it’s a bit flat. Come on England!

Looks like the Zone is pretty confident of an England win. I think Southgate will go for an unchanged line up with Grealish and/or Rashford brought on to change it up if it’s a bit flat. Come on England!

I heard it's the same XI other than the full-backs with James and Chilwell being rotated in.

I'd personally like to see Tripper at RB. James is a good player but he plays as a wing-back for Chelsea rather than as a full back.

Scottish Police estimate 20k Scot's travelling down for the match, considering (Covid restrictions) Wembley is restricted to 22,500 and Scotland have been given around 1,000, I don't know why they're bothering.

One thing is for sure, London will be lively with a lot of Police around the main area's.

Scottish Police estimate 20k Scot's travelling down for the match, considering (Covid restrictions) Wembley is restricted to 22,500 and Scotland have been given around 1,000, I don't know why they're bothering.

One thing is for sure, London will be lively with a lot of Police around the main area's.
It’s their World Cup final, innit?

I thought I’d share this little anecdote on a day which brings back so many memories. In 1975, at the end of my ‘O’ level exams year, I thought I’d take a punt at seeing if I could get some tickets for the England v Scotland home international at Wembley for me and my school mates. I wrote to that little First Division club up the road at Upton Park, and having no association with West Ham, I was very surprised to get a reply back which said, yes you can have some tickets if you supply the names and addresses of those wishing to go. With that, I got two teachers (complimentary tickets supplied) to organise and drive us in a minibus to the game. With a youthful exuberance and somewhat naivety, I made a banner out of an old white bed sheet and some spray paint which said, ‘Wee Sassanachs will sink you Scots’. We got into the stadium early and draped it over the upper tier balcony. Unsurprisingly it didn’t last long and it was pulled down much to my disappointment and I quickly realised what I was dealing with. To be in that stadium in the centre of a heaving passionate and inebriated Tartan Army was a memorable experience, and one I would not wish to repeat. However, we had the last laugh and I’d love us to stuff them 5-1 again tonight.

Back