• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Transfer Rumours Thread (Potential New Signings)

If some would like to see the back of Dieng (29 years old, approx 200 league 1 appearances, offers versatility in a squad with limited budget) because he is perceived by some as too 'delicate' then signing a bloke with little experience who can't tackle or won't tackle and doesn't even have the versatility to kick with both feet doesn't feel like a step forward.

thanks for the Cathy Newman statement.

MM would hardly say after the game. "Actually Demetriou took himself off of penalties after the incident at Scunny. As you can imagine it caused an almighty dressing room bust up. The fans have all seen enough wide midfielders in the time....All pace and no brains. Anyway by the look on Rons face this is the final straw for me but i wish the lads and the fans all the best"

There was a huge difference in the penalties. Sim bobbled his one at a slower pace. Matt Rush was right in the corner but the keeper was at full stretch. Which is why Carlisle celebrated so much.

Matt Rush works a lot harder than EA. He had won the pen with a clever tug on their defender and the so called miss in a 1v1 was actually another good save, That chance was created by Matt closing down the keeper in the first place.

So you are basing Demetriou being taken off penalties on no evidence? Interesting.

Akinola's didn't "bobble" and was hit with a fair bit of pace. Watch Demetriou's run up earlier in the season and it is as slow as Akinola's and his shot is very saveable, but as it went in no-one mentions it.

Newport celebrated because a defeat for them and Exeter winning would have resulted in them missing the play-offs.

It was Halford that actually won the ball by closing down. Matt Rush ran around and if he was playing the lone striker role that Acquah was playing earlier in the season, he would have turned round and saw no-one within 30 yards helping him press. Would he then put in the same effort the next time? I'd say no.

I'm not saying Acquah is good or whatever, but the abuse he got on here for a 20 year old inexperienced player compared to Rush is ridiculous. I guess we'll turn on Rush soon, just look at Kelman and Hutchinson and the abuse they got as well.

Lots of moves going on now, contracts expire at the end of this month so agents and players are making their minds up. Sounds like we have another two in the bag, but nothing official is being said until 5pm tonight on Col U TV. You guys will probably sign several in the next couple of weeks I would think, ready for pre season training.

Lots of moves going on now, contracts expire at the end of this month so agents and players are making their minds up. Sounds like we have another two in the bag, but nothing official is being said until 5pm tonight on Col U TV. You guys will probably sign several in the next couple of weeks I would think, ready for pre season training.
Another Ipswich player I bet ? .

So you are basing Demetriou being taken off penalties on no evidence? Interesting.

Akinola's didn't "bobble" and was hit with a fair bit of pace. Watch Demetriou's run up earlier in the season and it is as slow as Akinola's and his shot is very saveable, but as it went in no-one mentions it.

Newport celebrated because a defeat for them and Exeter winning would have resulted in them missing the play-offs.

It was Halford that actually won the ball by closing down. Matt Rush ran around and if he was playing the lone striker role that Acquah was playing earlier in the season, he would have turned round and saw no-one within 30 yards helping him press. Would he then put in the same effort the next time? I'd say no.

I'm not saying Acquah is good or whatever, but the abuse he got on here for a 20 year old inexperienced player compared to Rush is ridiculous. I guess we'll turn on Rush soon, just look at Kelman and Hutchinson and the abuse they got as well.

You need to pay more attention when watching.

Not sure what point your making as you slagged Rush over his penalty and now are claiming he would be lazy if others hadn't of backed him up.

Matt Rush has always worked hard and pressured defenders. I posted about this when i first seen him in Youth games 3 or 4 years back.

Possibly two ex Ipswich players! One is said to be Alan Judge, (Ex Ipswich) the other either Emyr Huws ( Ex Ipswich) or your old mate Frank Nouble who also played for Ipswich ( Well most clubs actually) :Smile:
Cowling doing good job in turning you guys into Ipswich reserves :Thumbs up:. Must be tactic cowling using to attract few Ipswich fans to go watch some colchester games. Take it your manager doesn't have much say interms of transfers?

Cowling doing good job in turning you guys into Ipswich reserves :Thumbs up:. Must be tactic cowling using to attract few Ipswich fans to go watch some colchester games. Take it your manager doesn't have much say interms of transfers?

Hayden says he is fully involved and approves all players before they signed, he says he likes to judge their character before he agrees.

Hayden says he is fully involved and approves all players before they signed, he says he likes to judge their character before he agrees.
Fair play. looking at your signings, they look pretty decent for league 2 (even if they all from Ipswich) I think you guys should be able to mount a play off push atleast.

Providing their got the hunger and motivation.

Fair play. looking at your signings, they look pretty decent for league 2 (even if they all from Ipswich) I think you guys should be able to mount a play off push atleast.

Providing their got the hunger and motivation.

Yes we have some very decent signings now with more to come ( It was Judge and Nouble today by the way)

Back