• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question What is making you happy today?

Haha, another we don't agree on.

There are many valid reasons to oppose taking the knee but I suspect that those who choose to boo the gesture at sporting events are unable to articulate them.

They are probably the same people who boo national anthems.

Maybe they would be happier watching something a bit more stage managed like wrestling?

Last edited:
Heard on the Spanish news earlier that face masks in public in France will be dropped there from tomorrow.Curfew -currently 11pm will be dropped from Sunday.Good news as we're due there for a bit from next week.

No news about a date for masks to go in public in Spain yet but the Spanish President said tonight this will happn here "pronto" (ie soon). :Happy: :Happy:

Heard on the Spanish news earlier that face masks in public in France will be dropped there from tomorrow.Curfew -currently 11pm will be dropped from Sunday.Good news as we're due there for a bit from next week.

No news about a date for masks to go in public in Spain yet but the Spanish President said tonight this will happn here "pronto" (ie soon). :Happy: :Happy:
Mañana??

Mañana??

Ha! Doubt it Monday or some time next week at the earliest I reckon.(Seemed a bit strange picking out a place at the beach to sun-bathe yesterday while masked up (ditto when leaving).But there seemed to be 100% compliance (including from us) which was good to see.

Last edited:
Treated ourselves to a nice meal out last night as we should be abroad on holiday. Went to Maluchi's at Tarpots (used to be La Boom hairdressers).

First time visit for us, and can really recommend it - great sharing platter to start with hot rolls, dusted squid, pork belly, pork crackling, arancini, mixed meats and olives. Then Kev had a ribeye and I had scallops, finishing up with a passion fruit creme brulee for me and a pineapple and coconut baked alaska for him. With a cider, bottle of wine and couple of coffees, it came to £107, which I thought was pretty good.

Worth booking if you're local.

My favorite beer that I have to order from Amazon as the supermarkets don't stock it has just arrived in time for kick off.

Thank you nice delivery man. ?

Treated ourselves to a nice meal out last night as we should be abroad on holiday. Went to Maluchi's at Tarpots (used to be La Boom hairdressers).

First time visit for us, and can really recommend it - great sharing platter to start with hot rolls, dusted squid, pork belly, pork crackling, arancini, mixed meats and olives. Then Kev had a ribeye and I had scallops, finishing up with a passion fruit creme brulee for me and a pineapple and coconut baked alaska for him. With a cider, bottle of wine and couple of coffees, it came to £107, which I thought was pretty good.

Worth booking if you're local.
Reading this makes me think a local restaurant review thread would be great on here!

I have also found myself starting to do this, sourcing just about anything and everything from Amazon.

I buy hot sauces and seasoning mixes for food off Amazon now, from around the world.

I find Amazon to be expensive and I hate the way Amazon Prime has been set up as a con. It's supposed to give free next day delivery but you can nearly always find the same item cheaper with standard delivery, which never takes as long as it says.

I make my own granola so get through a huge amount of nuts and seeds, and used to buy it all on Amazon, but now use buywholefoodsonline.com. They are much cheaper. I also now buy the maple syrup I use from Costco: a bottle from there is around £8.50 (Inc VAT) as opposed to around £12.50 on Amazon.

I find Amazon to be expensive and I hate the way Amazon Prime has been set up as a con. It's supposed to give free next day delivery but you can nearly always find the same item cheaper with standard delivery, which never takes as long as it says.

I make my own granola so get through a huge amount of nuts and seeds, and used to buy it all on Amazon, but now use buywholefoodsonline.com. They are much cheaper. I also now buy the maple syrup I use from Costco: a bottle from there is around £8.50 (Inc VAT) as opposed to around £12.50 on Amazon.
As with all things Amazon, it is worth checking prices elsewhere and then making a decision. there has to be an element of the price including delivery built in with Prime (even thought it is free). That said I have found them to be equal to, or cheaper than a lot of other sites when you factor in the other sites delivery charges. One thing I have found with Amazon, if you browse and don't buy, quite often the price has risen a little next time you look. If you clear all the temp stuff from your browser before looking again, the price can go down again. Cookies can be expensive!!

As with all things Amazon, it is worth checking prices elsewhere and then making a decision. there has to be an element of the price including delivery built in with Prime (even thought it is free). That said I have found them to be equal to, or cheaper than a lot of other sites when you factor in the other sites delivery charges. One thing I have found with Amazon, if you browse and don't buy, quite often the price has risen a little next time you look. If you clear all the temp stuff from your browser before looking again, the price can go down again. Cookies can be expensive!!

Indeed I don't use Amazon with Prime from the UK for books (as I find their prices) a rip off but am quite happy to use their prime service in Spain (for CD's,DVD's and sometimes books etc) where the price is is much more compeditive.

Back