• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Echo News Southend United boss Phil Brown set to decide on new goalkeeper

We already have a very good young goalkeeper so PB is right to be reluctant to go for developing someone elses. Need a good experienced number one, who is strong and can stand up to more direct NL approach particularly crosses. corners etc.. Then it will be Seaden's challenge to prove he's better- as it was for Bentley vs Paul Smith..

I don't think we necessarily need a goalkeeper that has played at National League level, just as long as how is a proven goalkeeper. If we can get a goal keeper to step to down from the EFL to the national league then I think that would be ok.

I bet he’s not going to decide. I bet this one will drag on for a while.
I’d take Marek Stech.

A non league transfer rumour Twitter account (who knew such a thing existed), has suggested our shortlist is Marek Stech, Adam Smith, Ryan Boot and Bishop.

The first three are pretty believable in my opinion, but I can’t see why Bishop would want to come back, nor why we would think he was suitable for the NL.

Reice Charles-Cook of Welling is still only 27 but has over 50 appearances at L1 level, worth a punt imho

A non league transfer rumour Twitter account (who knew such a thing existed), has suggested our shortlist is Marek Stech, Adam Smith, Ryan Boot and Bishop.

The first three are pretty believable in my opinion, but I can’t see why Bishop would want to come back, nor why we would think he was suitable for the NL.

Adam Smith, one of the trio (along with Tom Hopper) known for infamously recording a video with some locals on a pre-season tour in Thailand with Leicester City.

Adam Smith was one of the Leicester trio sacked for the Thai sex tape, so is presumably good mates with Tom Hopper. That will likely count against us once Hopper tells him not to expect to be paid.

Of the three - I'm not interested in an inexperienced loanee - Ryan Boot is the most intriguing from a cursory glance at their wiki pages. He's the youngest of the three and only has the one backward move - understandable for a keeper needing first team opportunities - and seems to have established himself as a regular at Solihull, winning their player of the season award last year and getting a good amount of games under his belt. It appears he's good enough with the ball at his feet to have played some friendlies as an outfield player when at Port Vale, which suggests he may be able to read the game and pick a pass. Plus he has none of the character issues of the other two, such as playing for W*** H**.

The other two seem to be journeymen who have had first team opportunities at multiple clubs but lost their place each time.

Reice Charles-Cook of Welling is still only 27 but has over 50 appearances at L1 level, worth a punt imho

Prone to making some glaring errors. I remember watching him whilst playing for Coventry and seeing goal highlights and he was all at sea.

Marek Stech stands out for his experience, but Ryan Boot is very intriguing.

Back