• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Have always said it was a Great Roots Hall Mystery why Lloyd was brought in and Trevor Roberts was given a transfer .
Agreed,Roberts was very good indeed and Lloyd appeared hopeless but went on to be excellent for Wrexham and Wales .I think he was quite young when here and as I’ve said before ,most keepers are at their best at and after about 30.

Agreed,Roberts was very good indeed and Lloyd appeared hopeless but went on to be excellent for Wrexham and Wales .I think he was quite young when here and as I’ve said before ,most keepers are at their best at and after about 30.
Yes, he was 21 when he arrived and 23 when he left so very much a youngster. Players tended to be older back then (69/71).

Yo ho ho, we got there - with eight hours to spare

Garry Richards is member number 350

If you can't get enough of SUEPA we now have a new Instagram page (which is where the connection with Garry came from)

Target now is 400 - getting to 100 was a doddle, to 200 no prob, to 300 a challenge, and to 350 a bit of a slog. Getting to 400 will be monumental.

As far as we know the next largest ex player group made up of members who are alive and agreed to join is Argyle with 288.

SUEPA - Probably the Largest Former Player Group in the World. Mmm, might put that claim out there at some point

Happy New Year to the five followers of this thread

Nice to know you can count Kay!

Don't post up news of every joiner on here ..... and you know you didn't miss 351 really as he was announced on our Twitter and Facebook pages! Still, at your age I suspect it gets increasingly difficult (insert smiley face here)

Got something quite good lined up I think for the Fri night game v Grimsby on Feb 18th, our SUEPA event will be a 1975/76 FA Cup run special.

Would love it if you could post up here your memories of that run, whether it was re any of the home games v Swansea, Dover (how ironic!), Brighton and Cardiff, or maybe that trip oop north to Derby in the fifth round. I'll then put them together and make them available to our guests that eve who will be Dave Worthington, Andy Ford and Kenny Foggo. It's decades since any of them have been back to their Roots.

Dave you might recall was unable to play in the Derby match but turned up on the pitch 'Malcolm Allison style' in a Fedora, I've asked him if he's still got it! Andy and Kenny played in all five of the games, Kenny taking over as captain for the Derby match.

I may also see if I can get one or two more surprise guests to pop in as well who live more locally than the three above. For some it will be 46 years since they've met each other.

Our guests will be in the Legends Lounge but we will aim to introduce them to as many as possible and on the pitch too just before kick-off.

So, for those of you of a certain vintage, please share your memories of that trip, over to you ..................

s-l400.jpg

Back