• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Annual accounts

I assume we can expect the 2018-2019 accounts at some point. Only late by 8 months..

Symptomatic of the poor running of the club and business by Ron. Racking up fines and interest etc. all costs that can and should be avoided.

I would imagine the avoidable costs that Ron has incurred over the years must add up to millions.

Symptomatic of the poor running of the club and business by Ron. Racking up fines and interest etc. all costs that can and should be avoided.

I would imagine the avoidable costs that Ron has incurred over the years must add up to millions.

This was covered by Patrick in the latest meeting. They have permission from companies house to delay submission due to COVID. Every business I know has used every perk they can get and qualify for.

This was covered by Patrick in the latest meeting. They have permission from companies house to delay submission due to COVID. Every business I know has used every perk they can get and qualify for.

According to the Companies House website the 2019 accounts which were due by April 2020 got a 3 month extension to 31 July 2020 and are flagged as overdue. Companies were given only 3 months extensions.

Its All explained here but I don’t know enough information about the clubs accounts returns details.The extensions were longer than 3 months though.

The last accounts the club submitted were for the year ended 31 July 2018. They were submitted on deadline day 30 April 2019.

So the year ended 31 July 2019 were due by 30 April 2020 and COVID allowed a three month extension to 31 July 2020 meaning they are over due by 8 months by my reckoning.

The last accounts the club submitted were for the year ended 31 July 2018. They were submitted on deadline day 30 April 2019.

So the year ended 31 July 2019 were due by 30 April 2020 and COVID allowed a three month extension to 31 July 2020 meaning they are over due by 8 months by my reckoning.

But nowhere on that link is there any mention of an extension of 3 months. The shortest extension is 6 months. It comes down to what type of company we are. By companies house it look like we're a private co so that means we would have had a 12 month extension.

But hey let's give the club another kicking because we love a bit of Ron bashing on here.

But nowhere on that link is there any mention of an extension of 3 months. The shortest extension is 6 months. It comes down to what type of company we are. By companies house it look like we're a private co so that means we would have had a 12 month extension.

But hey let's give the club another kicking because we love a bit of Ron bashing on here.

No it doesn’t say a 12 month extension - it says the deadline for filing the accounts is extended from 9 months to 12 months after the financial year end which gives a deadline of 31 July 2020 for the accounts for year ending 31 July 2019.

As there was one extension granted the deadline for the year ended 31 July 2020 appears to still be April 30th 2021 ie 4 weeks time.

Considering we are in this mess because we couldn’t pay our bills the club deserves all the bashing it can get as it is failing to publish its audited accounts on time- especially as the first lockdown was only 5 weeks before the deadline.

No it doesn’t say a 12 month extension - it says the deadline for filing the accounts is extended from 9 months to 12 months after the financial year end which gives a deadline of 31 July 2020 for the accounts for year ending 31 July 2019.

As there was one extension granted the deadline for the year ended 31 July 2020 appears to still be April 30th 2021 ie 4 weeks time.

Considering we are in this mess because we couldn’t pay our bills the club deserves all the bashing it can get as it is failing to publish its audited accounts on time- especially as the first lockdown was only 5 weeks before the deadline.

Ok I must have misread what it means and to be honest I don't know enough about it. But if you watch the latest zoom meeting Patrick makes it very clear that the reason they haven't been submitted yet is because we have had an extension granted.

Even if they have been given an extension, that doesn't alter the fact that they have yet again taken too long to file them. We are talking about the year ending July 2019 (which is nearly 2 years ago). Many companies have already filed their July 2020 accounts by now. I think it's disrespectful to the shareholders not to show the financial position of the company in a timely manner.

What I find interesting is that Coventry and up to 9 other clubs in the Championship were put under transfer embargo for late accounts even though the government gave them an extension. As ours are late by even longer are we under yet another embargo ???

Would guess 9 months tops.

31st July due. 9 month extension is April. They're due 31st April then

Would guess 9 months tops.

31st July due. 9 month extension is April. They're due 31st April then

the next accounts due to be filed are the 31st July 2019 accounts which even after the extension were due to be filed by 31st July 2020 and are therefore already 9 months late.
The next accounts after those to July 20 would then normally be due by 30th April 21.

So it seems two years accounts are now overdue means penalties are now doubled
Confirmation statement also now overdue. I suppose the goodness is there isn’t a financial penalty attached to it

So it seems two years accounts are now overdue means penalties are now doubled
Confirmation statement also now overdue. I suppose the goodness is there isn’t a financial penalty attached to it

Yet, he can find funds to appoint a CEO, an experienced manager and some new signings ? ?
Not filing the Confirmation statement is a real no no. We could get struck off for that ?

Last edited:
Yet, he can find funds to appoint a CEO, an experienced manager and some new signings ? ?
Not filing the Confirmation statement is a real no no. We could get struck off for that ?

Thats possible as is proceedings being taken against the directors.

The NL have quite stringent regulations regarding financial matters they are sticklers for the correct information being submitted alongside being up front and 100% transparent when it comes to matters like VAT, PAYE and NIC.

The charge is often levied against the NL administrators that they are incompetent and that’s probably fair comment but one thing they won’t do is afford is any extra concessions if things like failure to file statutory information continues

Back