• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

PRE-MATCH THREAD - EURO 2021 England v Germany - Tuesday 29th June 2021 5pm.

What do you think the England result will be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Maguire has been virtually faultless the last two games. I think Rice and Phillips will be sought after by the big clubs.

Let's all spare a thought for poor old @ozzie over there in Deutschland. For years they've been yanking his chain over England Germany games, So, @ozzie, now is your moment mate. Stick it to them. Woo Hoo.
Drunk,sorry...rather smug and happy, or happy than smug,straight up
AND not yanking my chain..think thats Yank
But been pulling my plonker,bloody hard

Again im on it big time,didnt muck it up like 90,with wife.BUT when the game was over,we have been married since 1986,dont think she has seen me hit it soooo hard.
Thought about going for a walk ,need fresh air,but it belted down, just as the our-my German mates got beat.NO beer before we won..now on it
Well done GS,at last this game proved me wrong
So sorry im getting hammered,butvyou all understand
My boys first England game was away to Germany,(5-1),he love it,only child in a German school who supported England
We won, he will never forget,all over the ground,even in the German end,England fans jumping up and down.In fact,he was waiting for pomm fritz(chips) in a queue when a Brit behind him saw him, saw a child,wearing an England shirt with all his German mates said "your an England fan,i will buy the chips",
Things like this at football,makes kids love-never forget football.
sorry im off,sooo happy,im getting drunk..

****ing loving all the miserable bastards on here and elsewhere scoffing down on a big piece of humble pie, hating the fact England won so they can't complain. Get in England, well played. Southgate knew what he was doing, had a game plan and it worked.

Well it’s effective, but it’s boring. I stand by that but we won - so no complaints here. Ukraine next, they’ll be knackered after extra time. One thing we do have is options off the bench as showed by Grealish coming on and changing the game tonight. We’ve got to be confident of progressing, didn’t see anything in the later game to be too worried about.

****ing loving all the miserable bastards on here and elsewhere scoffing down on a big piece of humble pie, hating the fact England won so they can't complain. Get in England, well played. Southgate knew what he was doing, had a game plan and it worked.

Call me a miserable ******* all you want but that was 70 minutes of boring football before we actually had a go it at it 70 minutes. Don’t get me wrong great result but Germany weren’t that good either and we could have had a go before the last 20 minutes of the match.

Great to finally defeat Germany when it truly mattered , last time was 1966,as for Ukraine , well it again wont be an easy match ,also we not playing at Wembley ,but in Rome so im sure the Italians will be cheering loud for Ukraine,Lets see how well we go away from home , but win that then we play back at Wembley also the final will be played at Wembley, last time we won a major tournament was at Wembley ,heres crossing my fingers and toes

Call me a miserable ******* all you want but that was 70 minutes of boring football before we actually had a go it at it 70 minutes. Don’t get me wrong great result but Germany weren’t that good either and we could have had a go before the last 20 minutes of the match.
international, and especially tournament football, usually is awful to watch. I'm not saying I enjoy it, it's more than there's a few people who were loving the prospect of England losing and are not happy today.

I am over the moon we won. In the heat of the moment things do seem frustrating at times.

Come on England!

We had more chances in the last 20 because we'd scored, which meant Germany had to go attacking and leave holes at the back. Aside from bringing Grealish on we didn't really change tactic in the last 20, there was just a lot more space to pass into.

international, and especially tournament football, usually is awful to watch. I'm not saying I enjoy it, it's more than there's a few people who were loving the prospect of England losing and are not happy today.

Many of the other matches I have seen of this tournament have not been awful to watch and have been much more entertaining. I would never want us to willingly lose and am thrilled we have got so far but up until the last 20 minutes we were very boring to watch.

Miserable bastards? What for having an opinion on the England game that isn’t positive. So many people called for Grealish to start, he didn’t. We were bang average. Grealish comes on and we score two!

Strange country, England. People love to complain about the sporting teams when they lose and when they win, they always do it the 'wrong' way. It's been the same with the cricket team in the past too.

I loved last night and I feel sorry for you if your overriding feeling was boredom and joylessness.

Strange country, England. People love to complain about the sporting teams when they lose and when they win, they always do it the 'wrong' way. It's been the same with the cricket team in the past too.

I loved last night and I feel sorry for you if your overriding feeling was boredom and joylessness.

Im sorry but how is it strange to be happy that we’ve won but also think the game was boring?

Jesus I hate international football I really do! If you’re not ******* off the national team and everything they do you’re blasted for it.

Miserable bastards? What for having an opinion on the England game that isn’t positive. So many people called for Grealish to start, he didn’t. We were bang average. Grealish comes on and we score two!
Come on mate, we both know you don't need England to be a miserable *******. :Winking:

Back