• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

2022-23 Season Cards - credit card sales now open on OS

Am I the only one who thinks this is quite poor so far?
No! We had 2 relegation in a row..... fans are not just going to buy season tickets just for the sake of it. Ron has made changes but those changes in my opinion are bare minimum a club should have anyway (ie CEO). Percentage of the fanbase are going to stick to their guns and not go regardless of those changes, in some ways you can't blame them.

For me to buy a season ticket I need to see the club progressing not decreasing! Yes sufc are making positive changes but for me it doesn't warrant me spending my money on season ticket just yet. Next batch of signings could very well determine if I purchase a season ticket. At the end of the day a fan deserves a return on their investment, instead of watching boring losing football every week which fans have had to last few years.

Am I the only one who thinks this is quite poor so far?
Not really its early days we have gone thro 2 relegations plus a lot of people have suffered due to pandemic.

Wait until the fixtures are released that will probably wet the appetite of some and sales will rise

I had the same issue when I renewed. I claimed the credit for 2019/20 of £89.85 and was told that as I already had the credit for the 2020/21 season I could not have it again, despite the fact that I had not used it. I paid £280.15 for my 2020/21 ticket after the credit for the previous year had been added. The credit of £45.78 seems to be calculated as £280.15 less £210 for the ifollow less 280.15/23 x 2 = 24.37 equals £45.78. So I actually paid £280.15 less £210 for the ifollow less say 370/23 x 2 = 32.17 still leaves me £37.98 in credit. I should still have the credit of £89.85 from 2019/20 to use but the ticket office said no. Have emailed the club for a response.
I paid £249.22 for my 2021/22 ticket but by my reckoning it should have been £167.17.

Just trying to work this out:

1. The club offered a credit on 2020/21 season tickets on the basis that the final few home matches of 2019/20 were not played at all in that season, which was £89.85 for adults
2. The club have offered a credit on 2021/22 season tickets on the basis that matches were only available on iFollow rather than in person in 2020/21, with the exception of two matches in December, which is valued at £127.83 for adults
3. The value of an iFollow pass per match is £10, whether you used credit on a 2020/21 season ticket or not

On the basis of the above, there would be a difference in the credit available this season to those who had used a credit previously, because in both cases a supporter is deemed to have had the opportunity to view £210 worth of matches via iFollow, plus attend 2 matches in person. Both those that had previously taken credit and those that hadn’t are deemed to have received £242.17 worth of football last season (I know, news to me as well!).

The credit for this season isn’t a refund on matches that didn’t take place in the previous season, as the 2020/21 credit was, it’s the difference in what a season ticket holder paid for (to be there physically in person, either £370 or £280.15) compared to what was available for matches that did take place (iFollow, £242.17).

Edit: please ignore, @Shrimper44 explains in his post here:http://www.shrimperzone.com/forums/threads/season-card-details.107438/post-2390931

Last edited:
So people who cannot afford to donate have done so. I have emailed the club to voice my concerns and asked for the reason for this decision. If I don't get a reply before 25th I will probably decline their invitation to renew.
I also asked about expected match day prices as that may also have a bearing on my decision as lockdown may arise during the winter. Especially if club are not playing fair with the credit.

Just trying to work this out:

1. The club offered a credit on 2020/21 season tickets on the basis that the final few home matches of 2019/20 were not played at all in that season, which was £89.85 for adults
2. The club have offered a credit on 2021/22 season tickets on the basis that matches were only available on iFollow rather than in person in 2020/21, with the exception of two matches in December, which is valued at £127.83 for adults
3. The value of an iFollow pass per match is £10, whether you used credit on a 2020/21 season ticket or not

On the basis of the above, there would be a difference in the credit available this season to those who had used a credit previously, because in both cases a supporter is deemed to have had the opportunity to view £210 worth of matches via iFollow, plus attend 2 matches in person. Both those that had previously taken credit and those that hadn’t are deemed to have received £242.17 worth of football last season (I know, news to me as well!).

The credit for this season isn’t a refund on matches that didn’t take place in the previous season, as the 2020/21 credit was, it’s the difference in what a season ticket holder paid for (to be there physically in person, either £370 or £280.15) compared to what was available for matches that did take place (iFollow, £242.17).
Not sure how people are not understanding this.

Everyone who bought a season ticket for the 2020/2021 season paid £370.

They either paid :-

1. £370 in cash/credit card or
2. £280.15 in cash/credit card + £89.85 credit from 2019/20 season

So all are entitled to a refund from the 2020/2021 season of £127.89

Hope this makes it clearer

So people who cannot afford to donate have done so. I have emailed the club to voice my concerns and asked for the reason for this decision. If I don't get a reply before 25th I will probably decline their invitation to renew.
I also asked about expected match day prices as that may also have a bearing on my decision as lockdown may arise during the winter. Especially if club are not playing fair with the credit.
On the last Zoom call the new CEO said he was keen to be transparent and give a fair deal to all....not so sure this is being followed through from what a number of people have experienced.

Is this a case of poor communication by the club, and to be fair to the ticket office staff they are just following instructions.
Has there been guidelines and suggestions from the EFL and NL as to what refunds etc ought to be made?

Anyone who purchased a car park pass for Roots Hall for 2020/21 season will be able to use car park for this season.

Not sure how people are not understanding this.

Everyone who bought a season ticket for the 2020/2021 season paid £370.

They either paid :-

1. £370 in cash/credit card or
2. £280.15 in cash/credit card + £89.85 credit from 2019/20 season

So all are entitled to a refund from the 2020/2021 season of £127.89

Hope this makes it clearer

Thanks for taking the time to explain; as I said in my original post, I was just trying to work it out. My workings obviously didn’t factor the right things into account!

Happy to have been corrected.

I got a reply.
Basically anyone who got credit for 19/20 season gets that subtracted from this years credit. There was no explanation why they made this decision. I have emailed them again asking for an explanation. I have been a fan for over 50 years and a season ticket holder, with my son for over 20 years and we are seriously considering switching to a club only ONE division lower. I am wound up that this club are virtually stealing £89 out of my pocket and I talent my time emailing the club instead of watching the game tonight.

Further to last post I would suggest any other can in same position who is not happy should email club with their grievance. You never know they may change their mind and give us the full credit.

Back