• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question How big is FF going to be?

Once the 3 sides and housing are built, Ron will not be interested. He will have finally got his money and the club will be left to flounder or be sold to someone who has in interest to take it forward.

This. I'm of the opinion that Ron is the new Kassam and we are going the way of Oxford United. IF this stadium ever gets built we'll be having three sides, I then expect Ron to sell the club but keep hold of the stadium and take rent from the club.
Fast forward 15-20 years and we'll still be in a three sided stadium, still paying rent to a former owner. Oxford United are currently looking to get away from the Kassam as he just won't do any kind of deal to sell the stadium to the current owners.
I wonder if we can dismantle Roots Hall's stands and keep them under a tarpaulin in a field for 25 years?

Once the 3 sides and housing are built, Ron will not be interested. He will have finally got his money and the club will be left to flounder or be sold to someone who has in interest to take it forward.
That kinda how I see it.

This. I'm of the opinion that Ron is the new Kassam and we are going the way of Oxford United. IF this stadium ever gets built we'll be having three sides, I then expect Ron to sell the club but keep hold of the stadium and take rent from the club.
Fast forward 15-20 years and we'll still be in a three sided stadium, still paying rent to a former owner. Oxford United are currently looking to get away from the Kassam as he just won't do any kind of deal to sell the stadium to the current owners.
I wonder if we can dismantle Roots Hall's stands and keep them under a tarpaulin in a field for 25 years?
Surely ron will have to sell sufc and the stadium as a package. Doubt there would be decent owner who would go for that.

When have we ever had a decent owner?
True. Surely the next person after ron gotta be better. I'm sure the next person who takes over wont have as many winding up orders against club, if they did there going to be in the Guinness book of records lol.

True. Surely the next person after ron gotta be better. I'm sure the next person who takes over wont have as many winding up orders against club, if they did there going to be in the Guinness book of records lol.
The fourth side includes plenty of residential. It's in everyone's interests to get it built.

A 3 sided stadium will prove too costly. We will lose too many balls we can't afford to replace. Most likely cause will be from our strikers aiming for goal.

Ron is now trying to make FF only 10,000 seats on 3 sides.

Ron is now trying to make FF only 10,000 seats on 3 sides.

As far as I was aware the planning application states that the initial 1st phase of the construction includes 3 stands with 13,893 seats. I expect this element to be completed in full as per the application and nothing different.

Yep 13000 odd first phaze.

Then main stand up to 21k. I expect the main stand to be built due to the fact the housing within it is quite lucrative.

once started Ron won't be wanting to hang about - especially after we've had 3 successive promotions :Winking2:

Yep 13000 odd first phaze.

Then main stand up to 21k. I expect the main stand to be built due to the fact the housing within it is quite lucrative.
Quite right. The revenue earning element in terms of the development is the fourth side.

Back