• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Elvis Bwomono

Status
Not open for further replies.
There seems to be this weird perception from some people that loyalty should trump anything else. Calling Elvis a turncoat because he doesn't want to sign a new deal (which could be on a rubbish salary for all we know) with a non-league side is ridiculous, he's a professional footballer and a footballer's career is short and the next couple of seasons will decide whether he can hack it in professional football or if he'll need to drop down to semi-pro as so many of our ex-players ended up doing. If he can find a league club that will help his development then good luck to him. He's already given us 3 years, how many more were people expecting of him before they'd let him move on?
Yeah no problem with that, maybe dont say your "desperate to get us back into the league" tho.

Yeah no problem with that, maybe dont say your "desperate to get us back into the league" tho.

Happens all the time, what’s he supposed to say? I’d love Southend to get back into the league but I won’t be here as want to sign for somebody else.

Happens all the time, what’s he supposed to say? I’d love Southend to get back into the league but I won’t be here as want to sign for somebody else.
He could have said nothing like dieng did.

Or ill have to see what deal im offered, etc etc

More surprising is how many of you take notice of pointless MSM football interviews...... What did you expect Elvis to say? Any hint of the truth and he would become a target

Do yourselves a favour and watch the full Clough v Revie interview on youtube....Even if you weren't born at the time you will learn a lot.

Dieng albeit a poor man's Paul Warhurst could play in most positions to a reasonable standard, but was lazy and uninterested at times, no real loss. Elvis , decent average player but no more than that - neither are a huge loss so don't see why people are up in arms

I'm annoyed that Messi and Ronaldo failed to turn up to training. According to Ron they agreed to come this season and it will be all their fault when we are sh*t again.

When I saw the word Saga in the title I wondered if it had anything to do with PB's alleged preference for signing older players?

Its generous of you to say alleged TB. In fact Phil has been very clear in stating that he prefers experience and this is born out by his signings

Elvis can leave the building....average going forward, and prone to errors at the back.
Dieng get on his day and if he wants it would be an asset.

According to the Echo today Elvis hasn't attended training on the advice of his agent. It appears it wouldn't look right! Not proper to this thread but Ricky Holmes has Covid it seems and is isolating currently. Might explain why he hasn't featured in the news.

According to the Echo today Elvis hasn't attended training on the advice of his agent. It appears it wouldn't look right! Not proper to this thread but Ricky Holmes has Covid it seems and is isolating currently. Might explain why he hasn't featured in the news.
Well his agent needs to get a wiggle on. Elvis wont become more attractive with no pre-season.

The problem is any prospective club is going to need to take into account compensation. Unless its a very long contract adding that cost divided by contract length to the wage he will be looking for (at least what we have now offered him) will make him an expensive RB at L2 level. So guessing it needs a L1 club willing to look longer term (if not Championship).

Hope it gets sorted for him quickly. Sitting out pre-season whilst his agent offers his services is less than ideal all around. As has been mentioned I think the club has gone with Demi already in the background.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back