• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Elvis Bwomono

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dieng V Atko?
Dieng has one good game in three, can be creative, can be anonymous, not a malcontent nor a grafter.
Atko, steady Eddie, no awful games, few stand out M of M displays, Mr 100%.

I know which I favour
Such different types of player that I'm not sure there is use comparing them. The thing I might ask instead is 'Atko or Kinali'?

Last edited:
Back to Bradford maybe?

Such different types of player that I'm not sure there is use comparing them. The thing I might ask instead is 'Atko or Kinali'?
I'd say Egbri would be the alternative.

He may not excel at closing down just yet but he's willing. It would just need a manager who is able to coach young players to improve.

Some of the abuse being dished out to these 2 is appaling. People seem to forget that we've been relegated, we're now non league. Playing careers are short and players want to play at the highest level/earn the bestdeal they can get. With the very occasional exception of people like Barrett (home town club etc) nearly all pro's are journeymen looking to acheive the best they can. If you work for a firm and their competitor offers you more money for the same role (and your current firm told you they might have to cut your hours or pay) then you're going to move. Why do people have a blind spot when footballers do the same?

Some of the abuse being dished out to these 2 is appaling. People seem to forget that we've been relegated, we're now non league. Playing careers are short and players want to play at the highest level/earn the bestdeal they can get. With the very occasional exception of people like Barrett (home town club etc) nearly all pro's are journeymen looking to acheive the best they can. If you work for a firm and their competitor offers you more money for the same role (and your current firm told you they might have to cut your hours or pay) then you're going to move. Why do people have a blind spot when footballers do the same?

Dieng and Bwomono are doing exactly what Southend legend Adam Barrett did, when Barrett turned down the manager's job in the club's hour of need. I don't have an issue with him putting his career first, but lets not lionise him whilst vilifying others for making the exact same choice.

Dieng and Bwomono are doing exactly what Southend legend Adam Barrett did, when Barrett turned down the manager's job in the club's hour of need. I don't have an issue with him putting his career first, but lets not lionise him whilst vilifying others for making the exact same choice.
Not quite the same but ok ??

Would you want to have the Chairman as your employer?

You seem to have missed my second sentence?

Or had you forgotten that both Bwomono and Dieng have gone unpaid on multiple occasions?

Come on YB.

Spot on about not vilifying others but of course we should lionise Adam.

That’s a wholly inappropriate comparison.

If three seasons of abject failure are the criteria why single out these two? We have still have more than a few who have been on our books for the past three seasons most of whom have arguably contributed less than these two....it has been tough to be a Blues supporter during the last three seasons but these two have been quite often been involved in some of the better moments. I do not begrudge them seeking opportunities at a higher level than we are able to offer, and, wish them both nothing but the best in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back