• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings GWR v Southend United - Tuesday 20 July

Anyone know what the car parking situation is there? Is it residential/ a local car park within waling distance - would imagine there wont be too much at the ground?

First team at Wakering.

Parking behind the ground in the big park I would have thought.

I doubt anything other than cash will be accepted so best to get some out before going. Can't imagine a plethera of cash machines nearby.

I know it is mainly a fitness session (particularly in this heat ?) but I hope there are 1 or 2 triallists that are worth looking at. :Thumbs up:

I live in wakering but I won't be attending this game due to work commitments and I don't like friendlies to much. Getting up to match fitness is what matters in these games.

Is it really beneficial to play a team of such low calibre? Should be playing teams a league below, or Premier division or football league sides. I'm fuming that this is the approach we constantly take.

Is it really beneficial to play a team of such low calibre? Should be playing teams a league below, or Premier division or football league sides. I'm fuming that this is the approach we constantly take.
They are only 3 divisions below us! It's like the equivalent of a championship team playing a national league team. They all benefit with these games

I hope the trialists are given at least 45 minutes playing time,give them time to settle in and hopefully show us what they got in the way of ability

Back