• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Save our Southend North Bank Survey

Use to love the north bank a few years ago would love to return there

It will be like a away crowd atmosphere when we take 1000-1500 away the atmosphere is great we could get that at home aswell!!
We probably wouldn’t get 1000-1500 in the North Bank if we had the whole stand. Never mind whilst having to share it with away fans. It might be 500 at a push.

I completely agree with the sentiment but wasn’t it 2000 fans?
yes 2000 allowed, but only around 400 tickets that went on General Sale for the North Bank .... the rest was Season Ticket holders scattered around the ground

That was the worst footballing survey I've seen. Open to abuse, no sort of validation whatsoever either. (I am holding this up against the Everton "rate the manager between 0 and 10" question as well)

No way of measuring demand either, are the x hundred who click they want it season ticket holders? Is there support from fans to migrate to the North Bank but may not necessarily want to go themselves as they feel the atmosphere generated is worth it?

Could the club have carried out some work to look at the scope of introducing safe standing in that area which could have been crowdfunded with some sort of link up with the supporters trust.

The opportunities were endless. Instead "fancy moving?".
You're right. I guess we all know how often phrasing in surveys is designed to get a purposely intended response. This one just feels so knee-jerk that it could only be geared towards a "we asked, and people didn't want it" outcome.

Would I like the North Bank to be open to potential use for Southend fans that want to sit there?
Absolutely yes.
Kevin Keegan love it.

Would I want to give up my own great seat in the South Upper?
Absolutely no.

You're right. I guess we all know how often phrasing in surveys is designed to get a purposely intended response. This one just feels so knee-jerk that it could only be geared towards a "we asked, and people didn't want it" outcome.

Would I like the North Bank to be open to potential use for Southend fans that want to sit there?
Absolutely yes.
Kevin Keegan love it.

Would I want to give up my own great seat in the South Upper?
Absolutely no.
Personally I think they've asked the right question.

Its pointless asking how many people think it should be available. They could get a 100% yes response but that doesn't necessarily mean a single person would actually go there.

I think what they are trying to get at is "If we are going to spend time and money on this, how many people will actually use it?"

Personally I think they've asked the right question.

Its pointless asking how many people think it should be available. They could get a 100% yes response but that doesn't necessarily mean a single person would actually go there.

I think what they are trying to get at is "If we are going to spend time and money on this, how many people will actually use it?"
I do actually like the question for forcing the response one way or the other but it still doesn’t show whether the answer is from a season ticket holder, regular or semi-regular attendee or a once a season (or less) theoretical responder?

Given the number of times we’ve been around this bush, it seems rushed and a missed opportunity to get some meaningful/useful data. Why not simply ask one or two other questions so there could be some proper analysis?

I do actually like the question for forcing the response one way or the other but it still doesn’t show whether the answer is from a season ticket holder, regular or semi-regular attendee or a once a season (or less) theoretical responder?

Given the number of times we’ve been around this bush, it seems rushed and a missed opportunity to get some meaningful/useful data. Why not simply ask one or two other questions so there could be some proper analysis?

I think your earlier post answers this.
For me , it smacks of 'lip service' rather than a strong desire to do this.
In fairness to the club , I get it as I'm sure there will be some costs involved.

I have to ask similar over and over now about Safe Standing. You can't just ask "do you want it?" there's a whole heap of other things around the leading question.

For example, if you don't support it, why not? Some may view sending out a tweet yesterday asking for volunteers to help with the training facilities while needing to spend time and money potentially readying the North Bank as some sort of shared facility between home and away fans is a foolish thing.

I'm personally not into sitting there myself, but I'd love the atmosphere to be there. So make it happen.

Just there's no way of understanding what the demand is, logic would dictate it's TBV going there so why not just gauge what the support is for the move instead?

Back