• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings GWR v Southend United - Tuesday 20 July

I've supported this club for 40 years mate. Through the highs, lows and even lowers. Don't call me not a fan just because I have a different opinion.

No you haven't your a troll but well done its all been fun.

FWIW

Much preferred seeing Demi at RB than CM

Ogogo will be a fans favourite for sure

Dunne looked like he was suffering or his legs have gone

Bridge needs to work on final ball and decision making

Walsh was impressive at times

For once I'd probably say all the trialists are worth another look

There's little pace in our side, which won't change with a bunch of 30+ year olds

I know we were missing a few players, it was only a friendly, blah blah blah, but that group of players won't make top 7. Decisions needs to be made on Holmes, Lennon, Halford (lol) etc sharpish so we know what we're playing with and get the enforcements in we need

Agree with most of this but you can't make any finishing place predictions based on early local friendlies.

For example the 6ft 6" lad in the second half 11 would be a different story in tight games with more set plays and long throws etc. I'm sure matt Rush could profit from that.

Last night was more about football on the floor rather than the Cowley brother title winning percentage game. One good thing the tall lad worked really hard with 3 close downs, to win the ball back when he last it one time. Then scuffed his left foot effort but was still good to see.

Agree with most of this but you can't make any finishing place predictions based on early local friendlies.

For example the 6ft 6" lad in the second half 11 would be a different story in tight games with more set plays and long throws etc. I'm sure matt Rush could profit from that.

Last night was more about football on the floor rather than the Cowley brother title winning percentage game. One good thing the tall lad worked really hard with 3 close downs, to win the ball back when he last it one time. Then scuffed his left foot effort but was still good to see.
It wasn't necessarily based on the game, more so just the situation we find ourselves in. Maybe I'm being cynical here but from the outside looking in it appears there's still some issues getting players through the door. Whether that's budget based or other issues I don't know.

We're seemingly waiting on Halford (36), Holmes (34) and Lennon (played about 40 games in 3 seasons) to sign new deals. Holmes, fair enough. PB has always admired him so maybe sees him as his talisman. Halford and Lennon? Makes zero sense to me. Offering them 2 deals suggests to me there's some issues.

Sim and ANG are seemingly injured. I'm actually happy if that's the case as I'd personally keep them here. But with the rumours they aren't part of PBs plans, we need to get them out as soon as we can if that's the case.

Is Gard still under contract? Will Ralph be fit? Murphy and Coulson already injured. I personally don't expect us to go up at the first time of asking anyway. I think it's a nigh on unachievable target for us as a club. But I can just see the rants now after we've drawn 0-0 with Weymouth.

This probably comes across as me being negative but I'm actually not. With no transfer window I fully expect player movements both in and out as the season progresses. I'm mainly highlighting how unbalanced the squad still feels at present.

Is Gard still under contract? Will Ralph be fit? Murphy and Coulson already injured. I personally don't expect us to go up at the first time of asking anyway. I think it's a nigh on unachievable target for us as a club. But I can just see the rants now after we've drawn 0-0 with Weymouth.

Gard was there last night walking round with Ralph - so I would assume he's still here, but still not fit.

It wasn't necessarily based on the game, more so just the situation we find ourselves in. Maybe I'm being cynical here but from the outside looking in it appears there's still some issues getting players through the door. Whether that's budget based or other issues I don't know.

We're seemingly waiting on Halford (36), Holmes (34) and Lennon (played about 40 games in 3 seasons) to sign new deals. Holmes, fair enough. PB has always admired him so maybe sees him as his talisman. Halford and Lennon? Makes zero sense to me. Offering them 2 deals suggests to me there's some issues.

Sim and ANG are seemingly injured. I'm actually happy if that's the case as I'd personally keep them here. But with the rumours they aren't part of PBs plans, we need to get them out as soon as we can if that's the case.

This probably comes across as me being negative but I'm actually not. With no transfer window I fully expect player movements both in and out as the season progresses. I'm mainly highlighting how unbalanced the squad still feels at present.

0-0 with Weymouth?

What about the law of the ex?

Or in this case, exes?

Ok my take is this I say things how I see it, and I wont please everyone. each season we are getting nearer and nearer to the same level as GWR I hope to god I never have to go to this match, where it is played at Roots hall, as Wakering are the bigger club. Hence why the result and standard gets every so slightly closer each season.

through all the 'its purely a run out its purely for fitness' which I totally and whole heartedly agree, I thought we looked poor, I basically thought the game didn't have a league standard player across the 33 individuals that took place. Of course I could well be wrong.

Loui Walsh looked extremely good and very hungry. Ogogo looked as though he is up for it, Dunne looked like a dad with a role up in one hand trying to have a kick about in a pub car park to impress a couple of broads on another table.. huge shoulders pot belly and sparrow legs mum dad tattoos, and got to say it, looked ****ed!! although I loved listening to him, as brown says hes clearly a leader (as is agogo) you know the standards have dropped when you look at JD and say that fellas a good player (which he is, but plenty on here don't think so)

The trialist forwards, as crap as any trialist forward from a premier league U21 club will always be (and what a daunting scenario it must be for these young kids) one of them was calling Tom Clifford 'Bro'' Bro pass me the ball etc etc.. says how little time they get to spend and stamp there mark, the big forward that came on half time, think Emile Aqua, remember him?

My analysis could mean absolute toffee for what's here to come for the season, but my genuine concern is this.

its been noted by posters who believe they are in the know, that there are reasons behind the scenes that are currently hampering signings etc, that they cant disclose

5 quick signings and then nothing, missing out on targets, and already now looking at premier league U21 load players.

A coach that lasted 4 days then resigning (but its ok as he came in to tell the club he has had a change of heart

No mention of filling that void (that to me is almost as scandalous as going into pre season without a management team ??

I would love for a more intrusive news reporter who can really ask some questions that need answering..

whats happened to SOS has the group been disbanded ? are they still holding RM to account and keeping close tabs on the current plight of the club?

Concerned from Southchurch

Would be even more exciting if they could somehow morph into a single identity called "Dennis Moore".

Although we would all have to look to our lupins.
He'd possibly prefer to play for Concorde Rangers, given the name of his horse. (I wonder how many others on here are totally bemused by this deviation from the thread.)

Ok my take is this I say things how I see it, and I wont please everyone. each season we are getting nearer and nearer to the same level as GWR I hope to god I never have to go to this match, where it is played at Roots hall, as Wakering are the bigger club. Hence why the result and standard gets every so slightly closer each season.

through all the 'its purely a run out its purely for fitness' which I totally and whole heartedly agree, I thought we looked poor, I basically thought the game didn't have a league standard player across the 33 individuals that took place. Of course I could well be wrong.

Loui Walsh looked extremely good and very hungry. Ogogo looked as though he is up for it, Dunne looked like a dad with a role up in one hand trying to have a kick about in a pub car park to impress a couple of broads on another table.. huge shoulders pot belly and sparrow legs mum dad tattoos, and got to say it, looked ****ed!! although I loved listening to him, as brown says hes clearly a leader (as is agogo) you know the standards have dropped when you look at JD and say that fellas a good player (which he is, but plenty on here don't think so)

The trialist forwards, as crap as any trialist forward from a premier league U21 club will always be (and what a daunting scenario it must be for these young kids) one of them was calling Tom Clifford 'Bro'' Bro pass me the ball etc etc.. says how little time they get to spend and stamp there mark, the big forward that came on half time, think Emile Aqua, remember him?

My analysis could mean absolute toffee for what's here to come for the season, but my genuine concern is this.

its been noted by posters who believe they are in the know, that there are reasons behind the scenes that are currently hampering signings etc, that they cant disclose

5 quick signings and then nothing, missing out on targets, and already now looking at premier league U21 load players.

A coach that lasted 4 days then resigning (but its ok as he came in to tell the club he has had a change of heart

No mention of filling that void (that to me is almost as scandalous as going into pre season without a management team ??

I would love for a more intrusive news reporter who can really ask some questions that need answering..

whats happened to SOS has the group been disbanded ? are they still holding RM to account and keeping close tabs on the current plight of the club?

please stop with this kind of post - - I just bought me season ticket ?

It is not even in the same ball park. Our season will not be decided on when we signed a first team coach or not.

Your right to have concerns, we all have but that is not one of them we need to worry about. Plus we were always going to be looking at loan players.

As for the Acquah slur (sadly thats what it has become)....Simply not true

On a more positive note several of the young lads I had not seen anything/much of looked like they were taking the game very serious and not wanting Wakering to score. Thats something i have not seen to much of in the last 3 seasons. A winning attitude/mentality is the first box i want to see ticked in any individual and certainly in any team.

It is not even in the same ball park. Our season will not be decided on when we signed a first team coach or not.

Your right to have concerns, we all have but that is not one of them we need to worry about. Plus we were always going to be looking at loan players.

As for the Acquah slur (sadly thats what it has become)....Simply not true

On a more positive note several of the young lads I had not seen anything/much of looked like they were taking the game very serious and not wanting Wakering to score. Thats something i have not seen to much of in the last 3 seasons. A winning attitude/mentality is the first box i want to see ticked in any individual and certainly in any team.
why would not having a first team coach going into pre season after two completely disasters seasons NOT be something to be worried about? what's the two most important things on a car? Brakes and steering wheel right? would you get in and drive your motor with no worries if you didn't have one of the two?

why would not having a first team coach going into pre season after two completely disasters seasons NOT be something to be worried about? what's the two most important things on a car? Brakes and steering wheel right? would you get in and drive your motor with no worries if you didn't have one of the two?

PB, RD, CF and several experienced players who have been proper captains rather than Mantom/Dieng just wearing the arm band types...

Like i said i have concerns the same as you and anyone else who calls themselves a Shrimper..... But team wise, leadership and professionalism wont be one we need to worry about.

Maybe Henderson realised he was not going to be that important in a NL club?.....If he was assistant to MM with half an eye on the main gig by October i bet he would still be here.

P.S. the most important thing on a car for any self respecting Essex boy is whether it gets you a shag or not.

Yes well I would advise don’t be concerned.
PB has hinted what the current situation is -he will make a decision on the loanees after Sat game. There is limited budget left- so focus will be getting Holmes over the line, Lennon deciding either way, deciding on Atkinson and bringing in another striker.
The thing about doing a lot of the business earlier is there is not so much later.
I have a feeling PB is leveraging the Holmes deal to free up a bit more budget. Hence, it’s with the bouffanted one for sign off.
I am afraid boringly little amiss behind the scenes..

Back