• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Planning Updates- All The Latest Details. 28/03/2022

Still no real updates or noise from the council or the club.

Same old situation of supposed good news incoming and then no news at all for some time.

what a joke of a council we have. We all got excited back in November that at last things were moving forward on the Stadium when we watched the zoom meeting and since then nothing not a word so another year down the drain.
This council seems incapable of moving anything forward i wonder how many of us senior fans will still be around to see Southend in a new stadium at the speed this council works.

what a joke of a council we have. We all got excited back in November that at last things were moving forward on the Stadium when we watched the zoom meeting and since then nothing not a word so another year down the drain.
This council seems incapable of moving anything forward i wonder how many of us senior fans will still be around to see Southend in a new stadium at the speed this council works.
Having previously worked in local authority I can say that nothing happens quickly. Will never go back to it for that reason

No we didn't. Some urged caution.

I just honestly don't know how many more surveys, checks etc can be done.

We must have climbed every single hurdle thrown at us for the past several years.

The next thing will be a another recession and there isn't the money or interest again.

Either it's a green light or it isn't. It's been on the table for a very long time.

Iv given up about this new stadium thing! Only time I thought it was going to get built was 2007 when ron got planning. Fast forward to 2021, new stadium just seem miles away compared to 15 years ago. I'm sure ron will come out and say SBC have been very supportive and hope for construction to start soon. Normal rubbish to keep fans onside.

Iv given up about this new stadium thing! Only time I thought it was going to get built was 2007 when ron got planning. Fast forward to 2021, new stadium just seem miles away compared to 15 years ago. I'm sure ron will come out and say SBC have been very supportive and hope for construction to start soon. Normal rubbish to keep fans onside.

It's all so depressing and we will continue to languish under Ron until this finally gets a green or red light.

Until then, Ron can just keep using this as an excuse to not invest in the club and be generally apathetic towards the club.

I hope we get a decision soon. This club needs to move forward either with or without Ron and the new stadium.

Vic Jobson was talking about it in 1985 or so.

Vic Jobson was talking about it in 1985 or so.
Didn't the new stadium talk first appear due to the original south bank being reduced in size? That era was before my time, so don't know the full facts as such.

Still no real updates or noise from the council or the club.

Same old situation of supposed good news incoming and then no news at all for some time.
Meeting scheduled for this week has been pulled by Ron Martin. Source - parent is a Councillor. Not sure on the specific reason yet, but Ron has said he isn't ready.

I thought this weeks meeting was for another development on fossets way not the stadium as that has to be reviewed alongside roots hall

I thought this weeks meeting was for another development on fossets way not the stadium as that has to be reviewed alongside roots hall
This is what an ex-councillor supporter said on facebook - this wasn't anything to do with the stadium. However it's gone quiet for too long on that subject - something's up!

Planning permission has just been granted for a large hotel to be built at Southend Airport. Lessens the need for one to be built as part of the new stadium.

Planning permission has just been granted for a large hotel to be built at Southend Airport. Lessens the need for one to be built as part of the new stadium.
The plans to build one at the new stadium were scrapped ages ago.

Back