• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Have you Faith In Phil Brown

Have you faith in Phil Brown

• Total voters
To me, it just feels like no matter what manager we have, the team just don't play for the shirt and the performances on the pitch are just always dire, yes you can put that down to the manager's choices of lineup, tactics, formation, transfers, but the inevitably the player's mentalities and ability are just not there.

Along with the fact the Ron Martin runs to the club too.

chaps its going to take a few years to get a decent team together and adapt to sunday league footie... it will be up and down this year... some of these teams would hold their own in league 2.. we got relegated frok their so we cant match that at present... phil needs a couple years to get it right! give it time....

chaps its going to take a few years to get a decent team together and adapt to sunday league footie... it will be up and down this year... some of these teams would hold their own in league 2.. we got relegated frok their so we cant match that at present... phil needs a couple years to get it right! give it time....
Phil won't be here for a few years, his ambitions outmatch our club. Albeit I think he's ruined his own ambitions choosing to manage us this year.

Hi Mods, on reflection please can you change the title of this thread to 'Have You Faith in Phil Brown and add a poll?

No. He is probably the best we are going to get at this level.

The real problem is the man who has run the club into the ground. Poor financial decision after another. Too stubborn to seek investment as it would dent his fossetts nest egg.

He continually robs Peter and knocks Paul.

The chasing of Henrik larson and subsequent appointment of Sol Campbell was frankly embarrassing.

The amount of times we have been in trouble with various people like HRMC is woeful.

No new stadium after 15 years of trying and actually getting planning for a lesser development years ago and not building.

Now we are non league after 100 years of league football.

This club deserves better than Ron Martin and the fans deserve better than what we have been given for years. We stick by the club but that can't last forever and will dwindle.

Back on post. PB is the least of our worries and is more than capable at this level and those above.

If he can sign two or three more then we will be in with a shout.

I don't think it was wise to compete rule out Akinola and ANG though. Both could contribute and getting a wage for nothing.

I voted no, because having faith to me is the faith needed in a manager that will get us back to L2. We are nowhere near that, even if you factor in blooding new players. Brown's tactics will always steady the ship, but always lose the race for promotion with one promotion and one via a tough playoff. It needs an attacking team to do that. We are weak at times right through the team.

At some point we have to stop playing the managerial merry-go-round game, and allow someone to actually build something… and then judge them.

The question should be, is Brown the man to do that? If he isn’t, then he shouldn’t have been appointed, which is also true of Powell, Bond, Campbell & Molesley.

If we don’t make a stand somewhere, and at least give someone a chance (which may involve accepting mid-table mediocrity for a season or two), then we are doomed to make the same mistakes again and again.

Right now, for whatever it’s worth, Brown has my full support to build something.

Yes I do actually. We have to get behind Brown and back him. If Ron had the balls to sack Molesley last year when he wanted to and brought PB back then we’d not be non league now.

The club on and off the field has been an utter ****show and I think the culture of losing is still hanging around RH like a bad smell. No point in chopping and changing managers - look where that got us last time.

PB is an experienced manager and given time will get this sorted. Did anyone expect a miracle just 5 games in after the utterly abysmal last 2 1/2 seasons? I back him 100% ?

Last edited:
Back