• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Southend United v Aldershot Town, Tuesday 14th September, 1945ko, NL

Starting XI and Result

• Steve Arnold

Votes: 20 25.0%
  • Harry Seaden

Votes: 19 23.8%
  • New Loanee Keeper

Votes: 33 41.3%
  • Jason Demetriou

Votes: 49 61.3%
  • John White

Votes: 43 53.8%
  • Josh Coulson

Votes: 59 73.8%
  • Shaun Hobson

Votes: 57 71.3%
  • Nathan Ralph

Votes: 65 81.3%
  • Charlie Sayers

Votes: 4 5.0%
  • Jack Bridge

Votes: 68 85.0%
  • James Dunne

Votes: 61 76.3%
  • Nathan Ferguson

Votes: 15 18.8%
  • Harry Phillips

Votes: 47 58.8%
  • O'Shane Stewart

Votes: 6 7.5%
  • Matt Dennis

Votes: 16 20.0%
  • Terrell Egbri

Votes: 17 21.3%
  • Louis Walsh

Votes: 21 26.3%
  • Simeon Akinola

Votes: 14 17.5%
  • Matt Rush

Votes: 12 15.0%
  • Sam Dalby

Votes: 66 82.5%
  • Rhys Murphy

Votes: 63 78.8%
  • Hamzad Kargbo

Votes: 7 8.8%
  • Lewis Gard

Votes: 6 7.5%

Votes: 1 1.3%

Votes: 2 2.5%

• Win

Votes: 44 55.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 11 13.8%
  • Lose

Votes: 10 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Anything less than 3 points and the fans will start to vent their anger further.

Early days, but this really is a must win game to give everyone a lift.

4-4-2 please PB and give Ferguson a "breather"...

This is an interesting post from the Aldershot fans forum. Two names from our past. CB now tragically no longer around.

In truth Mark Molesley & Chris Barker were probably the last two players that were "old school" Aldershot. They understood the club, identified with the fans etc.

Remember after Andy Scott got the sack in 2015?, CB was allowed to "carry on for a fortnight" until we get someone in. This carried on for over three months. Then Barry Smith arrived, kept CB as assistant. I recall how dull that season was- as was the previous season. I always felt that Azeem & Co dragged their heels. Mark Molesley would have been worth keeping as a player. Felt he was released too early.

We are certainly in a mess now sadly

So things could be worse for Southend United FC, but we have to beat the Shots and beat them well tomorrow.

After Saturdays poor performance you would expect a reaction on Tuesday against a young and poor Aldershot squad

I think Will Atkinson needs adding, seems from reading the thread some are selecting him to start.

Last edited:

4463 Sold*​

3670 seats available.

Blimey if we get over 4,500 home fans on Tuesday , not bad turnout especially after our poor start

I would expect a crowd of just over 5k.

Aldershot wont bring many after 5 straight defeats.

Champions league on the TV

Terrible last performance from us.

@Mad Cyril . I spoke to the club and their response was. "They are still looking into mid-week streaming but nothing so far as to if it will happen this season".

Going by that i would say very little chance.
Cricko, that comes as no surprise, they'll probably still be looking into it next April. It's sad to say that failure to provide streaming at the moment is, mercifully, quite a relief!:Sad:

It think the reaction might be "I'm not going!"

I can understand that, it would be a shame not to get at least 5k down there supporting the blues, I know its not great at the moment but still early doors and 123 points to play for

Not sure where the house view that 442 will save us is coming from, it doesn't change the personnel. The worry with 442 for me is that without midfielders who can get up and down we risk getting more exposed down the middle for the sake of bringing in the wing threat of... Egbri? Atkinson? Walsh? Just not convinced yet that the benefits outweigh the costs.

I'd be quite keen to try and find a way to get Bridge more central if we can, he's got a good motor and might be able to provide some creativity from the middle.

If we stick with 3 at the back then I'd like us to have the option to go 343 at some point if needed, however with Dennis presumably out that probably means giving a chance to some players PB hasn't had near the squad this season (Walsh or even, yikes, Akinola)....

Not sure what car they drive can decide if they play or not
gk
White, Hobson, Coulson, Ralph
Bridge, Dunne, Agogo, +Plus either Walsh/Atko/Philips/Ferg ; whoever has a focus
Dalby, Murph

Play 4 4 2 ffs, we haven't got players for wing back and enough pace/energy for 3 cbs.

And FANS, save the moans, groans and jeers for watching Strictly.

I'm hoping for a goal Fiesta myself

Always find the %s interesting. As it stands 15% of fans wouldn’t choose Ralph, Murphy and Dalby

The games certainly come thick and fast in the National League don't they. This time Aldershot, and I wonder what Southend Utd will turn up for this one. Hopefully it will be the one that had us cheering against Wrexham and we can all go home happy after the game, Phil included, if we take all 3 points and play well.

I do worry about who will be between the sticks for Tuesday night, as it's very unlikely to be Arnold and poor old Harry must be shell shocked after Halifax. We shall see come the day. So, game 6, and, according to some on here the wheels have already fallen off. Well, for me, it's way too early to judge, and a convincing win would do everybody good. Whatever, as I've said repeatedly since pre-season, the team need our support more than ever so lets get behind them from the start and see how things pan out.

I reckon the Blues will win and Aldershot's losing start will continue. Not an easy league this though.

I'm hoping for a goal Fiesta myself
Wish we would be a bit more Cavalier

Back