• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Planning Updates- All The Latest Details. 28/03/2022

Echo is reporting 200 homes granted permission near Waitrose and FF. I am guessing this is a development by a large private company, not RM, and the grease has been spread for it to pass under the radar largely and smoothly.
Good to know some councillors will be having great holidays and maybe some extended health care, is that realistic or cynical?

Echo is reporting 200 homes granted permission near Waitrose and FF. I am guessing this is a development by a large private company, not RM, and the grease has been spread for it to pass under the radar largely and smoothly.
Good to know some councillors will be having great holidays and maybe some extended health care, is that realistic or cynical?
With this latest news could RM do something similar and tell SBC no stadium, just houses? It would be easier for him.

There is a rumour going around the parish of Wakering and Rochford that the stadium at FF is a dead duck, and the whole site will be houses... possibly here-say, but what if?

Let‘s for a moment assume this to be true, what could Ron do with Roots Hall?

What alternative measure would be financial viable? Or sustainable?

He‘d get the revenue from the additional housing where the FF stadia would have been, he’d also save a significant amount from not having to fund the building of a new stadium, but that would be about the sum of it.
How far would that money / cost saving go?
Would it cover the cost to rejuvenate, repair and modernise RH and the area he currently owns around the ground?
And then what about B&L?
He’d lose out on the housing at RH, but surely that would be offset by the additional housing at FF.

For me, keeping RH would be great, good access to public transport, lots of local pubs and you could not replicate that atmosphere in the 3 sided stadia at FF surely. And let’s not forget FF would be in the middle of a housing estate, possibly mostly owned by London Boroughs, housing their undesirables! No decent pubs or chippies, and no transport links, gets you thinking.

Im waffling I know, but if you had the choice, what would it be? The new and improved RH or FF?

There is a rumour going around the parish of Wakering and Rochford that the stadium at FF is a dead duck, and the whole site will be houses... possibly here-say, but what if?

He‘d get the revenue from the additional housing where the FF stadia would have been, he’d also save a significant amount from not having to fund the building of a new stadium, but that would be about the sum of it.
Would it cover the cost to rejuvenate, repair and modernise RH and the area he currently owns around the ground?
And then what about B&L?
He’d lose out on the housing at RH, but surely that would be offset by the additional housing at FF.

For me, keeping RH would be great, good access to public transport, lots of local pubs and you could not replicate that atmosphere in the 3 sided stadia at FF surely. And let’s not forget FF would be in the middle of a housing estate, possibly mostly owned by London Boroughs, housing their undesirables! No decent pubs or chippies, and no transport links, gets you thinking.

Im waffling I know, but if you had the choice, what would it be? The new and improved RH or FF?
Listen to the latest Zoom call Ron explains all

And then what about B&L?

The new and improved RH...but where does the £'s come from to fund it ? I suggest, he'll want the stadium so that he can gain from the sale of houses on the RH land, which pays back what's been invested plus his profit. Why would he just build a few houses on B&L just to redevelop RH ?

Well, documents are still being filed as of last week so it's unlikely to be a dead duck.
So... I replied previously saying the plans for a hotel were scrapped, have they since been rejuvenated looking at these plans?

This is definitely a new plan seeing the residential buildings alongside the stadium but on the key with number 1 mentioning stadium/hotel? ?

So... I replied previously saying the plans for a hotel were scrapped, have they since been rejuvenated looking at these plans?

This is definitely a new plan seeing the residential buildings alongside the stadium but on the key with number 1 mentioning stadium/hotel? ?
I imagine they will amend the plans once approved to remove hotel and add more housing, not a massive change for a scheme of this size and quicker than resubmitting them.

When will this actually get seen an dheard by the council and get the green light.

That is the burning question?

He has continually told us that he has put in the plans

But does that mean he has provided everything the council have asked for? It could be that the council are just really slow, but it is also true that often we find supplemental documentation is provided at a later date. Maybe that is the case this time.

I don't know, I'm just posing the question.

Back