• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Southend United v Aldershot Town, Tuesday 14th September, 1945ko, NL

Starting XI and Result

• Steve Arnold

Votes: 20 25.0%
  • Harry Seaden

Votes: 19 23.8%
  • New Loanee Keeper

Votes: 33 41.3%
  • Jason Demetriou

Votes: 49 61.3%
  • John White

Votes: 43 53.8%
  • Josh Coulson

Votes: 59 73.8%
  • Shaun Hobson

Votes: 57 71.3%
  • Nathan Ralph

Votes: 65 81.3%
  • Charlie Sayers

Votes: 4 5.0%
  • Jack Bridge

Votes: 68 85.0%
  • James Dunne

Votes: 61 76.3%
  • Nathan Ferguson

Votes: 15 18.8%
  • Harry Phillips

Votes: 47 58.8%
  • O'Shane Stewart

Votes: 6 7.5%
  • Matt Dennis

Votes: 16 20.0%
  • Terrell Egbri

Votes: 17 21.3%
  • Louis Walsh

Votes: 21 26.3%
  • Simeon Akinola

Votes: 14 17.5%
  • Matt Rush

Votes: 12 15.0%
  • Sam Dalby

Votes: 66 82.5%
  • Rhys Murphy

Votes: 63 78.8%
  • Hamzad Kargbo

Votes: 7 8.8%
  • Lewis Gard

Votes: 6 7.5%

Votes: 1 1.3%

Votes: 2 2.5%

• Win

Votes: 44 55.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 11 13.8%
  • Lose

Votes: 10 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Like most, I’d like to see us go 4-4-2 now, and would go for:

Arnold

Demi Hobson Coulson Ralph

Walsh Atkinson Dunne Akinola

Murphy Dalby​

I know it won’t happen, but it’s time to bring Akinola in from the cold, he’s proven at this level and we might as well put him in the shop window now. Walsh looked good last season when he played and has a better end product than Egbri who works hard but often fails to deliver.
I like that lineup but would like to see Bridge in there for Atkinson.

I am having real trouble signing into the OS to buy tickets, does anyone know of an email address that I can contact to unlock or whatever needs to happen to get it sorted please?

I am having real trouble signing into the OS to buy tickets, does anyone know of an email address that I can contact to unlock or whatever needs to happen to get it sorted please?
Waste of time I'm afraid.You're better off getting to the ground early. (I could give you a couple oe email addresses but nobody would respond to them today).

Edit:-One thing that might help you is using your 5 digit fan number given to you in your original registration confirmation rather than your email address -works for me.

Waste of time I'm afraid.You're better off getting to the ground early. (I could give you a couple oe email addresses but nobody would respond to them tody).
I was afraid that might be the case, might be a bit of a rush for me tonight then, hope there are no very early goals, just in case!

Got to shake things up;

--------------- ARNOLD ---------------
------------------------------------------
JD --- HOBSON -- COULSON -- RALPH
WALSH --- DUNNE --- BRIDGE -- ATKINSON
------------ DALBY ---- RUSH ----------

Play Atkinson in a kind of "Petts-role" and have Ralph pushing up more from lb.

Walsh more attackign minded on right and JD less likely to go forward, so have some cover there.

Need more energy and pace. Any team with half decent wingers will make hay against us. The defending v Halifax was abysmal.

Does anyone know if the Southend High School car park has been open on match days this season?

Arnold/Seadon
JD Hobson Coulson Ralph
Phillips Dunne Bridge
Egbri Dalby Walsh

4-3-3 going forward and 4-5-1 going back wards, dunne Sitting with Phillips and Bridge giving licence to roam forward

Need more energy and pace. Any team with half decent wingers will make hay against us. The defending v Halifax was abysmal.
Aldershot are quite a pacey team by all accounts so we'll need to be wise to that and Corie Andrews has had a decent start for them upfront.

Can't see a win, but then again I never can.

Back