• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Southend United 2-3 Aldershot Town

Embarrassing all over the pitch sideways and backwards even simple things we couldn’t do…. Every single playee was ****ing ****….. I’m going Torquay because this is my club but I’m fed up with the **** the manager and the players come out with!!! Just sort it out on the pitch don’t fail be **** then come and clap the fans because or not far away from getting told to **** right off!!!
Rant over…… for now

I’m angry, I’m disappointed, I’m upset and I really don’t know who to point the finger at. Ron, Phil or the Players? I just really don’t know when this **** is going to end?

Baffled by the fans clapping the players at the end after that pathetic performance. It’s like having a meal in a restaurant it tastes like **** and the service was awful and then tipping them afterwards.
I can never work that out,..... I mean that actually was ****ing awful, even the fruit cakes and divs would have seen how bad that was, but a chance to clap Jason Demitru hahah fek me..

I pretty much agree with all you have said here.

I really don't give a toss about being called a Brown Hater by some on here who will no doubt not post for a few days as is their normal modus operandi.

However I will stand up for Brown in that he wanted Holmes and I assume Brown thought he would have provided that creativity.

However he was over ridden by an owner who knows about as much about football as I know about quantum physics.
what we would have given for Ricky Holmes to manager an hour a game this season, to move the ball 15 yards before distributing a half decent ball... but remember this will be PB get out card,

I pretty much agree with all you have said here.

I really don't give a toss about being called a Brown Hater by some on here who will no doubt not post for a few days as is their normal modus operandi.

However I will stand up for Brown in that he wanted Holmes and I assume Brown thought he would have provided that creativity.

However he was over ridden by an owner who knows about as much about football as I know about quantum physics.

With the utmost respect and I know he's a fan, an aging, chronically injured Ricky Holmes is not the answer.

I wonder how many clubs have had a third successive relegation?

Have a bad feeling we could be in another relegation fight. Sad after all the positives in the summer I thought we had turned a corner

I think this post cant be underestimated. I hear the club shop is a shambles, no 50/50 ticket offices closed on match days ,no program sellers, season tickets still not turned up for many, forgive me, but dont we have supporters groups that waste a couple of hours of their lives to blow smoke up RM and TL areses each month to cover off all this ****'?

and then of course there is the football...
The club shop is devoid of any decent decor and lacking in good products. Looking at the official shirts in promos and looking at them in person I could probably sue for false advertisement.

Having to cross my fingers that the bar hasn't sold out of programmes when I ask for one.

Old staff running the bars and kiosks are no longer around. Stewards have all changed.

And that's just the pre/post-match stuff. On the pitch we continue to be consistent failures, no bravery and certainly lacking in any meaningful ability.

I don't recognise very much about our club anymore. Feel like we're a long way away from that 1-0 win at King's Lynn now, the enthusiasm has already been drained.

The club is broken, it's not the players they've all been changed, as have the manager and the coaching team.

A fish rots from the head, we are in this position due to Ron Martin, it's time for him to be held to account
Can't really see how it's rons fault? He's changed the manager and Phil Brown has brought these players in! Rons even told phil he has funds and a budget available to strengthen!! Its now upto brown to get these wasters performing!

Bobby Moore, 2,000 crowds and Anton Johnson. Followed by Cadette, Webb part 1, Paul Clark as boss. That win over Wolves followed by that win at Stockport. Then a bit of a wobble before Webb part 2 and a couple of legendary seasons.

We just need something to spark that turnaround. Keep the faith.

Just remembered for the Wolves game I was living in Rye House at the time. Interesting train journey back!

I wonder how many clubs have had a third successive relegation?

Have a bad feeling we could be in another relegation fight. Sad after all the positives in the summer I thought we had turned a corner
Enough examples of clubs that have dropped here and then either folded or relegated. Stockport, Darlington, Halifax, Chester spring immediately to mind but there’ll be others.

Can't really see how it's rons fault? He's changed the manager and Phil Brown has brought these players in! Rons even told phil he has funds and a budget available to strengthen!! Its now upto brown to get these wasters performing!
The whole club is broken, becasue of this fantasy of a new stadium. We're on a downward spiral and no matter what manager you bring in it'll be difficult to change that direction

I ****in hate Ron Martin..you total arse !! ..I have said before we all love this club
40 plus years I have watched ..I travel back from Sussex to watch ..we are never going
To be the best ..but I was raised in southend and the club is in my heart ❤
But Martin you are a self centred liar ..you are only interested in the roots Hall site and your deals to get cash from the sale and building of flats ..**** off and let someone who does care step in before SUFC are in the national south

Thankfully I wasn’t there to watch the disaster against Halifax but I dragged myself hoping for a response only to see nothing has changed.. our problem doesn’t lie just with the players but the style of football we play.

Not once did we make a nice flowing move consisting of more than 10 passes. We continually pass side to side at the back only to hoof the ball forward aimlessly EVERY SINGLE TIME. We seriously lack that creative midfielder in what we had with Jack Payne or Anthony Wordsworth who is happy to drop into the hole in the middle of the pitch and actually get us forward without a centre back lumping it long to our strikers hoping they can deal with it.. we are very fortunate to have strikers in the form of Dalby and Murphy who by the sounds of it, had an off game against Halifax but have still been very good in getting us goals and already breaking last years top goalscorer record - considering the lack of quality in service they receive (Bridge an exception) I’m surprised they have got as many goals as they have.. if you’re unsure of what I’m talking about by this, please take a look at Halifax’s goal against us which consisted of a 16 pass move without us touching it or you can look at the worst performing team in Aldershot this evening doing the exact same for their first goal which was worked from the keeper to our right hand side and cut across the box into the goal.

I really really rate Coulson but leaving him at the back to run on to a ball played in behind has caught us out once and it was upsetting to see us concede in the same way we did against Wrexham - a ball squared across the box to an unmarked man in our six yard box because no one could check their shoulder to spot the man and not even keep up with his pace, leaving him on his own does not do us any favours.

If we cannot play football without us hitting it long or keep the ball, we will be in for a very long season which will get toxic very quickly. It’s upsetting to see “professional” players unable to keep possession or create a chance which isn’t hit long by a centre back because he has no options.

The formation needs to change and we need to rid of atleast 8 players I can think of.

Rant over, I feel slightly better now.
Which 8 players are u referring to?

Back