• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Transfer Rumours Thread (Potential New Signings)

Ron's answer to our problems always seems to be 'sign more players' these days. It's not as straightforward as that. A lot of our signings last season - Ranger, Halford, Mellis sprint to mind - felt like signings for the sake of it. We have a decent squad for this level, players who have spent a lot of their careers in the Football League. Brown just needs to get them playing for him and settle on the right system.

If we're looking at a striker, that suggests Kargbo's loan isn't going to be extended.

From the above supposedly “itk” posts and the Echo article, the striker has to be Reeco H-F. Ffs…

i don't even think our problem is the players ...

i think it is confidence, belief, a system that delivers, an understanding of how the skills and quality we have should be applied to win football games..

I think Phil has, so far, got his approach against the less good teams almost completely wrong .. but lets hope he sorts it out .

otherwise ...

Messi is probably available

This could be a recipe for disaster Ron, unless thats your plan, FFS dont sign Wright and if you have completely lost your Marbles , make the contract out for 2 weeks, and he pays us.

Imagine how the fans are going to react if Wright turns up and is another to go missing

Ron must be in a self flagellation phase

I’ve seen Mark Wright get a lot of mentions on Twitter. If he is one of the two, I think I might genuinely give up and stop going to games.

There are another two to go with Wright, and the potential loan striker too.

I was told to expect one, maybe even two before we were next in action.

From the above supposedly “itk” posts and the Echo article, the striker has to be Reeco H-F. Ffs…

Yep, just been looking through League One squads and he's the only striker I can find who was on loan in the National League last season.

He's actually listed as a winger on most websites.

Reading this is depressing- there is total disagreement on here as to what is needed, and if we have no idea then no doubt whoever is signed will result to yet more whinging from some quarter.

Loads of people believe its essential we find an attacking creative midfielder- except that is the loads of people don't and who want a wide player who is of course also essential. Loads of people say relying on Dalby/Murphy is a disaster waiting to happen, we must sign another striker, except the loads of people who say but we have two good strikers plus Rush what we must have is...

Be interesting to see who they actually are- but expect loads of moaning whatever the case...we're in that spiral..

BTW its not that we are not identifying large numbers of players who meet various criteria stated on here- the problem is tens and tens of them if not more don't want to come. Some of the things causing that can't be changed overnight. Naturally this means the manager signing players he has some personal connection with and can persuade- if you think the recruitment team has come up with a long list of other more desirable options desperate to pull on the Blue shirt I am afraid thats not the case (I'm sure PB would love it if it was)..

FWIW a creative attacking midfielder who will bring some goal threat and another forward would be my priority.

Not sure Wright is actually one of the two potential signings mentioned (even if he is on trial).

Could I not have seen.........

Arnold

Howard White Hobson Sayers

Ferguson

Ogogo Ralph

Bridge

Murphy Dalby

A little diamond shape

or.................

Arnie

Demi white Hobson

Akinola Ferguson Ogogo Ralph

Bridge

Murphy Dalby

3-4-1-2

Or a 3-4-3 Aki and ANG either side of Murph

Anything to stir the loins other than Wright and Atkinson in midfield..

I will now go and thrash the car with a stick

Back