• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Decision 'imminent' on new Southend United stadium

Who cares anymore? Personally I have had it with FF, this whole new ground fiasco is nearly as old and boring as a TV soap ?‍♂️

Our wonderful club is sliding in to oblivion and FF is tarnished as I will always see it as the reason RM let our club get in to this shocking unforgivable mess.

Like most true supporters we don't care where we play our football we just want our team saved from this disaster before it's too late.

Last edited:
It will look ridiculous with a few hundred people in it for our local Derby against Stanbridge at this rate.
Bur Martin won't get give a Monkeys, he will be long gone.

It will look ridiculous with a few hundred people in it for our local Derby against Stanbridge at this rate.
Bur Martin won't get give a Monkeys, he will be long gone.
This doesn't sound that great, but I'd take almost any scenario where Ron is long gone right now.

quoting the original article >>The fate of Southend United’s ambitious plans for a 22,000 seater stadium will be decided “imminently”, councillors have insisted.<<

Note , it was the Councillors who said imminent , RM did not even comment
Indeed. It is amazing how they hide in plain sight free of criticism in the whole sorry saga. We are so desperate to blame Ron (who has many things to be blamed for) that we completely miss the real target. In the military this lack of observation would result in body bags all over the place.

Indeed. It is amazing how they hide in plain sight free of criticism in the whole sorry saga. We are so desperate to blame Ron (who has many things to be blamed for) that we completely miss the real target. In the military this lack of observation would result in body bags all over the place.

The Council is a disgrace in all of this however don't forget, this is the same Council that approved the plans in full many years ago. It's not their fault that RM let the planning permission expire.

The Council is a disgrace in all of this however don't forget, this is the same Council that approved the plans in full many years ago. It's not their fault that RM let the planning permission expire.
Yes it is absolutely Ron’s fault too- but he is having no trouble being held responsible by the fans ...what a previous council did many years ago excuses nothing in regards of the current incumbents

Planning permission was for a supermarket. Sainsbury's decided not to proceed after dragging it out for 20 years. Did exactly the same to Bristol R.

People like to claim Ron only wanted RH for housing but if they cant be honest about our most basic history then any protest or phoenix club is doomed to failure.

Planning permission was for a supermarket. Sainsbury's decided not to proceed after dragging it out for 20 years. Did exactly the same to Bristol R.
True. Sainsburys did actually buy our nemesis Morecambe FC's Christie Park ground in 2010 and the whole thing went through in two years. Morecambe now have the modern Globe Arena which has one impressive stand and three other sides which are, shall we say, available for future growth.

That was the same year that the ever perceptive Ron Martin said “We won’t be in the same league as Morecambe by the time the stadium is finished.” How right he was. Look where Morecambe FC are now compared to us....

NOTIFICATION OF DEVELOPMENT CONTROL COMMITTEE DATE
APPLICATION 17/00733/FULM
PART OF FOSSETTS FARM, PLAYING FIELDS, JONES MEMORIAL RECREATION
GRD AND SUFC TRAINING GRD EASTERN AVENUE SOUTHEND-ON-SEA ESSEX
HYBRID PLANNING APPLICATION FOR PART FULL AND PART OUTLINE CONSENT
FOR PHASED DEVELOPMENT FOR RELOCATION OF SOUTHEND UNITED
FOOTBALL CLUB COMPRISING:
FULL APPLICATION FOR ERECTION OF 21,000 SEAT FOOTBALL STADIUM;
COMPRISING EAST, WEST, SOUTH AND NORTH STANDS BASEMENT EXCAVATION
CHANGING ROOMS; TICKET OFFICE; CLUB SHOP; FOOD DRINK CONCESSIONS;
CAFE/RESTAURANT: TEMPORARY STADIUM WORKS INCLUDING: ERECT END
STAND CLADDING, PRESS SEATS AND WORKROOM, DIRECTORS' SEATING AND
BOX, SCOREBOARD AND FLOODLIGHTS: STADIUM PARKING, NEW VEHICULAR
ACCESS FROM FOSSETTS WAY, PEDESTRIAN ACCESS FROM SUTTON ROAD AND
RELATED ANCILLARY WORKS: STADIUM NORTH STAND, TO INCLUDE 107 BED
HOTEL, CONFERENCE FLOORSPACE AND TWO RESIDENTIAL CORNERS TO
STADIUM OF 4-6 ADDITIONAL STOREYS,182 UNITS: ERECT FAN PLAZA
RESIDENTIAL BUILDING OF 72 UNITS WITH GROUND FLOOR SPORTING AND
COMMUNITY FLOORSPACE OF 890SQMS (SUI GENERIS), 5-7 STOREY'S, GROUND
FLOOR, PARKING, LANDSCAPING, ACCESS AND RELATED ANCILLARY WORKS;
ERECT TWO RESIDENTIAL BUILDINGS FOSSETTS WAY NORTH 42 UNITS AND
SOUTH 51 UNITS OF 6-7 STOREYS AND 4-7 STOREYS, CAR PARKING, ACCESS,
LANDSCAPING AND ANCILLARY WORKS; ERECT TWO SOCCER DOMES,
CHANGING FACILITIES, CLASSROOMS, PLAYERS HOSTEL ACCOMMODATION,
PARKING AND LANDSCAPING;
OUTLINE APPLICATION (WITH ALL MATTERS RESERVED EXCEPT MEANS OF
ACCESS) FOR DEMOLITION OF EXISTING TRAINING CENTRE AND CLUB HOUSE;
ERECT BUILDINGS RANGING IN HEIGHT FROM 1-9 STOREYS TO PROVIDE A
TOTAL OF UP TO 118,000 SQMS (GIA) OF RESIDENTIAL FLOORSPACE (UP TO
UNITS), OTHER COMMERCIAL FLOORSPACE OF UP TO 1,609 SQMS (USE CLASS
E) AND UP TO 280 SQMS COMMUNITY USE (USE CLASSES F1/ F2); CAR PARKING;
SERVICING; LANDSCAPING; NEW PUBLIC REALM; ACCESS FROM EASTERN
AVENUE, RELATED ANCILLARY WORKS

You recently wrote and expressed an interest about this planning application.

I am now writing to inform you that the application will be considered at the meeting of the

Development Control Committee on 25th October 2021 at 6PM. In accordance with The

Local Authorities and Police and Crime Panels (Coronavirus) (Flexibility of Local Authority

and Police and Crime Panel Meetings) (England and Wales) Regulations 2020 (“the

Regulations”) the meeting will be held in the Committee Chambers, Civic Centre, Victoria

Avenue, Southend on Sea. A limited number of public will be able to attend, it is also

available virtually/remotely using the Microsoft Teams platform. The meeting is still open

to the public and may be followed on the live webcast.

If you have difficulties with accessing Microsoft Teams please contact

committeesection@southend.gov.uk with your contact details, by no later than noon the

last working day before the meeting, who will be able to advise you.

If you wish to speak you will need to register in advance. Requests to speak should be

received in writing no later than 9.00am on the day before the meeting, at the very latest.

This should be clearly marked “PUBLIC SPEAKING REQUEST” and sent to the above

email address or by post to Planning Department, Southend Borough Council, Civic

Centre, Victoria Avenue, Southend on Sea, Essex, SS2 6ER. It should also include

alternative contact details i.e. telephone number, email address. Where there is a request

by more than one person to speak, the first person requesting to speak shall permitted.

The leaflet entitled 'Development Control Committee', which explains the whole process in

more detail can be found on the Council’s website www.southend.gov.uk.

This application will not necessarily be dealt with early in the agenda and you may have to

wait some time.

Should you have any further queries please do not hesitate to contact the case officer, who

will be pleased to assist.

Andrew Lewis
Deputy Chief Executive, Executive Director (Growth and Housing)

Yeah I had it too. Twice actually! I'm guessing everyone did who registered an interest on the council website ages ago.

I've always been sceptical of FF happening but I'm starting to think. Maybe it will?

I've always been sceptical of FF happening but I'm starting to think. Maybe it will?
Yeah, think you're the same as me really, because I deleted the stadium move out of Football Manager when I was the SUFC researcher way back in 2010 or 2011, and you still haven't put it back in ?

If all goes to plan on Monday evening and we get approval for the Roots Hall and Fossetts planning applications, what I want to know is the situation with the training ground application placed with Rochford DC. There still seem to be relatively recent consultations going on. Has this element of the whole project still yet to be approved. Perhaps this question could be asked at the next zoom meeting with Tom.

If all goes to plan on Monday evening and we get approval for the Roots Hall and Fossetts planning applications, what I want to know is the situation with the training ground application placed with Rochford DC. There still seem to be relatively recent consultations going on. Has this element of the whole project still yet to be approved. Perhaps this question could be asked at the next zoom meeting with Tom.

I believe it has extant planning permission, and Ron definitely mentioned it in one of the recent calls.

I believe it has extant planning permission, and Ron definitely mentioned it in one of the recent calls.
That’s certainly what the planning statement says.IMG_7339.PNG

Last edited:
Back