• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Armageddon possible?

Okay and that gives some pointers in terms of your view yes. But I will then be interested to know your thoughts on how they have added extra hoops and hurdles in already or have further delayed the project?
The time line of the council seaway project is years behind the FF yet the SBC decide, late in the day, that Ron's cinema, shops etc ought not to be at FF BUT at their project. hence a big delay, costs etc. Just a simple example.
How about the councils argument on traffic thru Priory Crescent AGAINST FF, BUT when they want to build off Bournes Green Chase or at Shoebury it is an insignificance?

The time line of the council seaway project is years behind the FF yet the SBC decide, late in the day, that Ron's cinema, shops etc ought not to be at FF BUT at their project. hence a big delay, costs etc. Just a simple example.
How about the councils argument on traffic thru Priory Crescent AGAINST FF, BUT when they want to build off Bournes Green Chase or at Shoebury it is an insignificance?
Sorry not aware of any recent plans to build 1000+ homes at Bournes Green Chase or at Shoebury but would be interested to see them?

What about the delays and cost associated with Ron failing to deliver the previously approved plans?

I believe the plans will be approved this time around, it's then back on Ron to follow through and deliver them in the time he has stated. Be interested to see who is appointed to complete the works and how quickly that can be announced. It will also be interesting to see if Ron really does have the development funded completely at this point or if that will add time post approval.

Don't shoot the messenger please; and I expect several have also considered more of the options; but many won't have so....

Consider that we have an anti football (IMO) SBC; against FF being an new stadium/and more: and don't give two hoots about SUFC.
Also that housing is a lucrative and easy approved money maker.

What happens if Ron decides he has had enough, or he gets ill, or SBC further delay and put more big hurdles and hoops in.

Add in if the tax doesn't get paid, the players don't get paid, staff don't get paid. Points get deducted, players walk, insolvency is brought against SUFC.

Result =Housing on The Hall and FF? a very happy SBC, a much richer Ron?

No club, no stadium, just Bury FC BUT here.

Possible? Yes

Probable? at this moment not yet, but this scenario may be "the beast coming over the hill".
OMG ? I was feeling relatively positive until I read this!

Sorry not aware of any recent plans to build 1000+ homes at Bournes Green Chase or at Shoebury but would be interested to see them?

What about the delays and cost associated with Ron failing to deliver the previously approved plans?

I believe the plans will be approved this time around, it's then back on Ron to follow through and deliver them in the time he has stated. Be interested to see who is appointed to complete the works and how quickly that can be announced. It will also be interesting to see if Ron really does have the development funded completely at this point or if that will add time post approval.
The field opposite the roundabout at Bournes Green is one spot, then the fields behind the Thorpe School, Shoebury Road and across to the Wakering Road where Morleys Nursery is, the site 30 yrs ago touted to replace Thorpe Golf Club but rejected by their members.

The field opposite the roundabout at Bournes Green is one spot, then the fields behind the Thorpe School, Shoebury Road and across to the Wakering Road where Morleys Nursery is, the site 30 yrs ago touted to replace Thorpe Golf Club but rejected by their members.
But that isn't a recent plan though? How does that support your argument the council are waiving things through apart from the Southend stadium?

I cannot see it been turned down now as the council need the houses. Don't forget they are not just dealing with RM but his big backers in London who no doubt have huge clout in these type of decisions.

Anyway Bruce Willis and Ben Affleck save the day.
I agree. I think SBC will support the application this time as it is beneficial to their own obligation of meeting prescribed targets for new dwellings.

If I understood Ron correctly in the last Zoom meeting, I think he said part of the Section 106 agreement, which forms a condition of the scheme if approved, requires that stadium construction commences before any housing. Additionally, we understand that the football club must have a new ground/stadium before Roots Hall is vacated and as the RH site is also adding to the provision of housing in the Borough the two interests are interlinked. I would suggest, if the wording of the S.106 is as stated above, the Council are not anti football at this time but I can understand from past history why people may have concerns about their relationship with the club.

So, if SBC see fit to support the application, hopefully it will be rubber stamped by the Secretary of State within the time frame Ron outlined in the Zoom meeting. From my own experiences with planning authorities and the planning inspectorate, in recent times very few applications are being decided within the allotted statutory time so if Ron’s outlined schedule is not met bear in mind it may not be his fault. However, as this application in essence is just a variation on the last scheme, which was called in, perhaps it will be turned around quickly at central government level.

I hope for everyone’s sake, including Ron, contractors can commence work on the new training ground early in 2022 allowing Boots and Laces to be vacated six months later which will clear the way for construction of the new stadium to commence.

Don't shoot the messenger please; and I expect several have also considered more of the options; but many won't have so....

Consider that we have an anti football (IMO) SBC; against FF being an new stadium/and more: and don't give two hoots about SUFC.
Also that housing is a lucrative and easy approved money maker.

What happens if Ron decides he has had enough, or he gets ill, or SBC further delay and put more big hurdles and hoops in.

Add in if the tax doesn't get paid, the players don't get paid, staff don't get paid. Points get deducted, players walk, insolvency is brought against SUFC.

Result =Housing on The Hall and FF? a very happy SBC, a much richer Ron?

No club, no stadium, just Bury FC BUT here.

Possible? Yes

Probable? at this moment not yet, but this scenario may be "the beast coming over the hill".
Have u forgotten the covenant on RH ?????

Have u forgotten the covenant on RH ?????
Not forgotten, but there have been recent court set aside precedents regarding covenants.
Times and circumstances get considered and change happens can mean covenants are put aside.
Again, just saying it as things are or could be.

I heard someone say on Saturday that the next council meeting to discuss this issue is in a fortnight's time .It wouldn't suprise me at all to learn that FF is only approved for the building of new housing stock and not for an unecessary new stadium.What happens then I wonder?

• Haha
Reactions: JD
I heard someone say on Saturday that the next council meeting to discuss this issue is in a fortnight's time .It wouldn't suprise me at all to learn that FF is only approved for the building of new housing stock and not for an unecessary new stadium.What happens then I wonder?
The application is for the stadium and housing, all under the same planning application, they are not going to turn around and approve something that hasn't been applied for.

You on the wind up?

I know this has been asked a million times (but I still don't know the actual answer), but what happens to the covenant on the land at RH if SUFC no longer exists ?
No one could give a 100% answer. The most likely thing is the covenant would no longer exist. No SUFC then no need.

The Government guidelines are something like 14,000 hoses in the next 15 years in Southend. The council are under pressure so the chance of another 1000 + houses with little opposition from NIMBYs would be to good to turn down.

From my understanding and correct me if i'm wrong. The covenant is for aground in the borough. So doesn't have to be FF or RH.....Ron could make a generous £1m to Eastwoodbury lane for the improvements needed for SUFC of the Isthmian league

That aside I bought out a covenant on my own property in order to make it far more valuable. It only cost me £1500 so they are not the safety net some on here claim

If there was 1000 houses as the reward you could do legally, bung someone or even 10 people if you had to.....Failing that send the boys round to 'help' people with their decision

Can't wait for a 3 sided sh*t housing estate stadium in non league paying Ron's family on a 100 year lease which would hamper any progress for generations. Would rather start again myself.

Maybe so,maybe not.
Possibly in Spain you might get an extra 1000 houses without asking. Here in England we like to no to housing. Every no makes the most rich richer. But lets no go into politics.

How was your trip back to RH by the way?

great opportunity for a phoenix club ..
sorry i have followed Southend since i was 7 years old am now 75,they are and always will be the only club for me, I said it before i played in their Colts (as they were known back then ) team back in 61/62 i could never support a Phoenix club. Only one team for me Southend United Football Club..

Can't wait for a 3 sided sh*t housing estate stadium in non league paying Ron's family on a 100 year lease which would hamper any progress for generations. Would rather start again myself.
You might get your wish if it all fails, be in a crowd of 40 over at southchurch park watching southend sharks or whatever.

I dont want that.

I know this has been asked a million times (but I still don't know the actual answer), but what happens to the covenant on the land at RH if SUFC no longer exists ?
Probably more housing and a very rich RM. Win win unless you are a true supporter then our ex wonderful football club is dissolved and its total misery ?

Back