• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Are You in Favour of a Truce as per SVC

Do SZ members agree with Stan to cease protests asap ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Not many bothered going on the council portal and making positive support either.
I guess it isn't as exciting to state " I posted my support on the council planning .....etc" as it is to proclaim running on the pitch and fffing at stewards.

SBC have certainly been the biggest problem over the last 15 years or so, all this could and should have been nipped in the bud years ago.

We need to up the protests to get Ron out. Time is his friend, not ours. The longer he keeps us at bay the lesser the passion they’ll be among us for opposing him.
If you wish to protest that is obviously your democratic right to do so.Please dont do it during the game give the new manager a chance to try and get the team to perform and get some postitive results.

the thing about running on the pitch with a big Martin out banner is that is makes great pictures/images that are widely shared on social media and even make the BBC website and many others ...

the whole football supporting community knows that we are another club is the ****e and knows the name of the man we hold responsible ...

running on the pitch with a big banner has achieved a lot - very quickly
All you have achieved is getting Brown and Fagan the sack nothing else.Until FF is built Ron isn't going anywhere

I think Ron putting out a statement alongs the lines of:
I have a new Head of Football Operations
Him and the CEO have hired x manager who as brought in x assistant and first team coaches
The CEO and HFO have hired x head of scouting
I now realise I need help in running a football club and will retreat into the background to let my CEO and HFO run the club on my behalf while I concentrate on non football operations for SUFC.
That will probably be the closest thing to achieving 'Martin Out' and the protests will likely die out.

All you have achieved is getting Brown and Fagan the sack nothing else.Until FF is built Ron isn't going anywhere

I very strongly disagree .....

It seems perfectly possible to free a club from an incompetent chairman ...

their is a list on this site plus a very interesting comment from a Blackpool fan.

I politely suggest it might be time for Southend fans to get off their knees accepting their fate being dictated by a guy in a big car and do something for themselves ..

i have no problem with people shouting out there protest buy have seen stories of dad`s with there young children getting upset and crying as they are frightened buy the crowds on the pitch . but please give our new management a few weeks to get the team settled and make any new signings feel welcome . as others have said chairman ron is going nowhere until fossetts has started and houses are being built at roots hall .

I very strongly disagree .....

It seems perfectly possible to free a club from an incompetent chairman ...

their is a list on this site plus a very interesting comment from a Blackpool fan.

I politely suggest it might be time for Southend fans to get off their knees accepting their fate being dictated by a guy in a big car and do something for themselves ..
We agree to disagree.So you get your wish and Ron decides sod it I cant take anymore and throws the towel in.He decides to withdraw his financial support to keep us alive we then got bust and do a Bury and die.Unless someone you know is appearing over the horizon with the funds to get rid of RM I am sorry I cant buy your ideas.However once RM gets his planning permission granted and we get the new stadium and we are more likely to be more attractive to be bought out.If Ron doesn't go then I be very much surprised.

We agree to disagree.So you get your wish and Ron decides sod it I cant take anymore and throws the towel in.He decides to withdraw his financial support to keep us alive we then got bust and do a Bury and die.Unless someone you know is appearing over the horizon with the funds to get rid of RM I am sorry I cant buy your ideas.However once RM gets his planning permission granted and we get the new stadium and we are more likely to be more attractive to be bought out.If Ron doesn't go then I be very much surprised.

the fans of Southend United would easily be favourites to acquire SUFC from the administrators should SUFC go into administration.

the new entity would entirely free of debt .. ..

a properly constituted fans organisation could easily raise funds and all the authorities from the FA to the borough council would be happy to deal with them.

a democratic fans company/trust has successfully taken over various football clubs and run the club.

I believe we could do a better job than RM.

I appreciate they all claim to have had nothing to do with the current protests but I’m pretty sure they must have some influence on those that are responsible.
For clarity and the avoidance of doubt.

Absolutely wrong. No one representing any of the supporters group was involved in planning an on the pitch protest, nor the Martin Out banner. Nor do we have any influence over those that did - in fact I personally don't know who arranged it.

SoS arranged the red cards.

the fans of Southend United would easily be favourites to acquire SUFC from the administrators should SUFC go into administration.

the new entity would entirely free of debt .. ..

a properly constituted fans organisation could easily raise funds and all the authorities from the FA to the borough council would be happy to deal with them.

a democratic fans company/trust has successfully taken over various football clubs and run the club.

I believe we could do a better job than RM.
Where would this team play? SUFC and the ownership of Roots Hall are separate, deliberately set apart companies.
Consider it in a similar way to a rented house and a tenant. If the tenant (in our case SUFC) gets insolvency the rented house (the stadium/ground) doesn't get taken away or sold.
This is also why RM has his own house in (reputedly) his wife's name.
SUFC has nothing but the brand name, the league place and the current contracts, which may be voided if unpaid.

For clarity and the avoidance of doubt.

Absolutely wrong. No one representing any of the supporters group was involved in planning an on the pitch protest, nor the Martin Out banner. Nor do we have any influence over those that did - in fact I personally don't know who arranged it.

SoS arranged the red cards.
Hi Lord Football. Apologies as I do not know who you are or who you represent. If you are part of the supporters group/s collective I would have hoped the main thing you would take from my post is the fact that there needs to be a joined up communication made by these groups to those supporters they do represent (although I imagine this is already in place for the weekend).

With regards to the above I was simply stating someone somewhere knows who is responsible for the demonstrations and therefore the supporters groups could look to talk to them, not that the groups themselves were.

Hi Lord Football. Apologies as I do not know who you are or who you represent. If you are part of the supporters group/s collective I would have hoped the main thing you would take from my post is the fact that there needs to be a joined up communication made by these groups to those supporters they do represent (although I imagine this is already in place for the weekend).

With regards to the above I was simply stating someone somewhere knows who is responsible for the demonstrations and therefore the supporters groups could look to talk to them, not that the groups themselves were.
This does seem a reasonable point. There is a big difference between not asking someone to do something and actively asking them not to. I imagine the groups will already be very aware of this point as will everyone else.

Def need to keep the protesting up from my PoV. RM will just revert to type and continue not to give a ****. His only motive is now getting the ground sorted and it's never been clearer!

Where would this team play? SUFC and the ownership of Roots Hall are separate, deliberately set apart companies.
Consider it in a similar way to a rented house and a tenant. If the tenant (in our case SUFC) gets insolvency the rented house (the stadium/ground) doesn't get taken away or sold.
This is also why RM has his own house in (reputedly) his wife's name.
SUFC has nothing but the brand name, the league place and the current contracts, which may be voided if unpaid.

well we would need heavyweight legal advice ...

did you read the post from the Blackpool fan on the other thread ?

...he said the big moment was when the judge refused to separate the entities.

If RMs kingdom collapses all his games of hide and seek won't stand up ..

Obviously the first thing a fans trust/company need is serious and probably expensive legal advice...

RM is blinding a lot of people with a load of inter company accounting nonsense ..

At the moment we are not showing a United front.Someone must know who is organising these on pitch protests which for the sake of all supporters need to be stopped before it gets out of hand which nearly happened on Saturday.As I have already said the players need 100pct support whilst the game is in motion.If you wish as it's your right to do so voice your opinions do it properly dont enter the field of play.Please respect the majority of all supporters

At the moment we are not showing a United front.Someone must know who is organising these on pitch protests which for the sake of all supporters need to be stopped before it gets out of hand which nearly happened on Saturday.As I have already said the players need 100pct support whilst the game is in motion.If you wish as it's your right to do so voice your opinions do it properly dont enter the field of play.Please respect the majority of all supporters

we actually need a properly constituted supporters body ... with the intention of running the club ..

The model they had at Portsmouth seems to have worked really well..

well we would need heavyweight legal advice ...

did you read the post from the Blackpool fan on the other thread ?

...he said the big moment was when the judge refused to separate the entities.

If RMs kingdom collapses all his games of hide and seek won't stand up ..

Obviously the first thing a fans trust/company need is serious and probably expensive legal advice...

RM is blinding a lot of people with a load of inter company accounting nonsense ..
Get the funds then, get the investors, get the advice.
For sure RM has.

At present you, and your like minded associates are putting "the cart in front of the horse".

Rather than being blinded, my eyes are open to the business reality and not what an unknown "Karen" on Facebook says about a similar but very different situation.

Back