• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Are You in Favour of a Truce as per SVC

Do SZ members agree with Stan to cease protests asap ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I voted Yes - it's going to be hard for any new manager to turn the ship around as it is, without protests and potential pitch invasions to boot.

The protesters have made their point and also managed to get some media eyes on our problems. I say the protest leaders make some kind of statement via social media saying they're going to drop it for now, but the ceasefire is over if Ron does anything to stir things again. (When's our next tax bill due?)

In the current climate I think people need to individually consider the following simple statement before undertaking any action:

"Am I, by my actions, actually helping SUFC to succeed or am I being detrimental to their success"?
The aim is the former, and one hopes the action is not the latter.
But I suspect a loaded question here.

All you have achieved is getting Brown and Fagan the sack nothing else.Until FF is built Ron isn't going anywhere
But as many Zoners wanted exactly that for the last six weeks, the protest moved things along.
Ron says he's going nowhere, but he won't want the constant strain of protesting and his name reviled each and every week.
He's praying, pretty much like he's done for three years, that a few good results will let him off the hook until the next unpaid tax bill and consequent transfer embargo.

I think Ron putting out a statement alongs the lines of:
I have a new Head of Football Operations
Him and the CEO have hired x manager who as brought in x assistant and first team coaches
The CEO and HFO have hired x head of scouting
I now realise I need help in running a football club and will retreat into the background to let my CEO and HFO run the club on my behalf while I concentrate on non football operations for SUFC.
That will probably be the closest thing to achieving 'Martin Out' and the protests will likely die out.
'and the protests will likely die out....'
Not if we lay down arms and get tonked 4-0 on our own patch a few more times.

'and the protests will likely die out....'
Not if we lay down arms and get tonked 4-0 on our own patch a few more times.
This is the issue. Any negative result on Saturday and it won't matter who appeals for calm. The players will know this and that heaps more pressure on them from the start.

People have had enough. It's not about reason anymore.

“Hi Mr Director of football, Stan here. You know that promising U23 player we spoke about a few weeks ago, I’m helping southend now can we have him down here for a while ?”

“What, Southend the club where fans invade the pitch every game and a hostile atmosphere, erm sorry mate would like to help but not in that environment”

Fans - “ why can’t we attract decent loanees from clubs, bloody useless manager /director / scouting” !!

This is the issue. Any negative result on Saturday and it won't matter who appeals for calm. The players will know this and that heaps more pressure on them from the start.

People have had enough. It's not about reason anymore.
They looked mentally bereft last Saturday - and this after a midweek win.
But the tentative approach and the pressure heaped on them by PB has been lifted now.
They, not us, need to dig deep and find resolve and passion that gets the crowd on their side.
They literally start that ball rolling (at speed) and the faithful will react the right way.

There does seem to be some level of desperation running through the hallowed hall comentators with SVC's missives. I do seem to recall there was the same adoration when CP was appointed.

Get behind the new manager.

Ron isnt going until the job is done, for better or worse.

Keep ron to account (as best as possible) with regular zoom meetings etc.

There is still a world where we are playing in a new stadium, and back in the football league, ron makes/gets back his money, and we get new owners who succesfully exploit the outside of match day revenue opportunities.

Which is basically all everyone wanted in the first place.

Long road ahead, but youve got to try.

well we would need heavyweight legal advice ...

did you read the post from the Blackpool fan on the other thread ?

...he said the big moment was when the judge refused to separate the entities.

If RMs kingdom collapses all his games of hide and seek won't stand up ..

Obviously the first thing a fans trust/company need is serious and probably expensive legal advice...

RM is blinding a lot of people with a load of inter company accounting nonsense ..
You don't need heavyweight legal advice you just need 1 hour of research.

Its good to see the poster from Blackpool showing support but their situation was completely different and is totally irrelevant to SUFC.

I'm sure the Blackpool fan could confirm this but from memory the Oystons were booted out by legal proceedings/FA because the fraudulently stripped the club of £25+m. In effect they said we got you to the PL so we will have a big chunk of the sky money

When Ron arrived 23 years ago the club had £4.5m. No one was running on the pitch in promotion seasons with banners saying MARTINS FUNDING OUT....

Ron has said clearly and several times that he will right off the current £17m when the stadium is underway. The biggest hurdle could be decide by the end of the month.

Only an absolute fool would scupper the chance to lose £17m of debt. I believe him because equally only a fool would promise to not collect that debt and then go back on his word.

If Ron did that then he is fair game. He could go to Indochina and there will be a Shrimper hiding in a sac of rice

They looked mentally bereft last Saturday - and this after a midweek win.
But the tentative approach and the pressure heaped on them by PB has been lifted now.
They, not us, need to dig deep and find resolve and passion that gets the crowd on their side.
They literally start that ball rolling (at speed) and the faithful will react the right way.

Problem is…..I don’t think we have the ability to play any other way - our centre of midfield has a very limited skillset

@rigsby puts it, it is not the same situation except it involves football clubs and chairmen. RM transferred ownership the best part of TWO DECADES ago. Most civil liability requires only 7 years.
The dream by Rayleigh Boy has as many legs as a frozen salmon fillet

It could all hinge on the 25th October. If the stadium is delayed again, I am not sure anyone would be able to stop protests happening. New manager or not.

It could all hinge on the 25th October. If the stadium is delayed again, I am not sure anyone would be able to stop protests happening. New manager or not.
I’m sure Ron said himself that he thinks the full go ahead is most likely to be given in January, particularly if the plans have to go to the Secretary of State.

I’m sure Ron said himself that he thinks the full go ahead is most likely to be given in January, particularly if the plans have to go to the Secretary of State.
Agreed, but the council meeting and approval is the next step.
We have to follow the process as we all know

Agreed, but the council meeting and approval is the next step.
We have to follow the process as we all know
I know that, my point was that if the plans get called in for review by the SoS (therefore delaying spades in the ground) we shouldn’t necessarily see that as a bad thing. If you get my drift.

I voted yes, give it 4 weeks and then reassess.

I have no doubt that RM is incompetent as a football chairman , I have no doubts that he has made s**t decisions that have led to us being where we are today, I have no doubts that someone else could do a better job, but the stark reality is, and once again I have no doubts, is that he is going nowhere until FF gets built or thrown out by SBC. We can protest as much as we like, to the detriment of the players that give a sh**, but he has “Rhino hide” thick skin, and will see this out however much we kick off.
And to those of you who are suggesting that RM is using SVC, give Stanley a bit more credit, he doesn’t need us or Ron’s shenanigans!

Those protests need to be aimed at SBC not Ron. SBC are the ones playing silly buggers and moaning about things like the width of pavement etc

Back