• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ron on Talksport now

I love how he blames the managers he chose, but fails to mention that one of them in particular was hamstrung by transfer restrictions for his first 4 months in the job when the squad badly needed strengthening, which was all Ron Martin's doing.

The inability to actually take any real responsibility for this is astounding.

"We have the funds in place for a new stadium" (translation - once we've robbed Peter, we'll pay Paul) .

Last week he suggested our fans' anger was purely down to our league position, today he added lock down as a reason.

He tried to gloss over the fact that he owns the stadium (in effect has us over a barrel) "if I stepped out today THEY wouldn't be able to meet their obligations". (Ron has used YOU and THEY a lot recently).

He added that the council have been 'hugely supportive' - let's hope he still thinks that at the end of the month.

Interested to hear that he has "had dealings" with Tom Lawrence for 2.5 years.

Ron came over as indignant.

"We have the funds in place for a new stadium" (translation - once we've robbed Peter, we'll pay Paul) .

Last week he suggested our fans' anger was purely down to our league position, today he added lock down as a reason.

He tried to gloss over the fact that he owns the stadium (in effect has us over a barrel) "if I stepped out today THEY wouldn't be able to meet their obligations". (Ron has used YOU and THEY a lot recently).

He added that the council have been 'hugely supportive' - let's hope he still thinks that at the end of the month.

Interested to hear that he has "had dealings" with Tom Lawrence for 2.5 years.

Ron came over as indignant.

I think the interviewers gave him that line - not sure if he believes it, but I'm sure he'll repeat it again

I love how he blames the managers he chose, but fails to mention that one of them in particular was hamstrung by transfer restrictions for his first 4 months in the job when the squad badly needed strengthening, which was all Ron Martin's doing.

Sat there on that zoom call last week claiming he “gave a young manager a chance in Mark Molesley”

he gave that bloke absolutely ****ing no chance

I love how he blames the managers he chose, but fails to mention that one of them in particular was

Absolutely. Martin's cunning plan to hold onto as much money as he could and getting a fresh faced young manager in to take all the heat, actually very nearly worked had we'd stayed up.

But he didn't say that at all, he said he got it wrong which is spot on.

What we need to do is openly club together and fund a private detective, who is an expert in finance, to scrutinise Ron Martin’s financial affairs. Be totally open about it and go public with it from the start. So many on here think he’s a bit dodgy, so let’s try and prove it.
This is a non-starter. I work in audit in the financial/insurance sector and the job you are describing is one of a forensic accountant. Firstly it would not be cheap, my guess with all the interlinked companies is this would take several weeks at a premium hourly rate probably £50-£100k. Secondly they would have to be given access to all of our and Ron's financial records which Ron would never agree to. That is his right by law.

I think Stan has said in the past he doesn't want to own Southend. But I do believe his contact book could be useful and/or leading a fan lead buyout
The key word with Stan is facilitator, he has used it time & again.

I don’t think he sees his main role as an owner, manager or director of football.

A facilitator helps to guide & manage people or a process to help a organisation meet it’s objectives with clear thinking, active participation & full buy in from everyone who is involved.

I’d say we really need someone like that present at the club right now to move things forward on & off the pitch football wise. Hopefully that’s SVC

But he didn't say that at all, he said he got it wrong which is spot on.
But by extension, that is blaming the managers entirely for what went wrong for them here. Completely disingenuous. He is revising history by completely missing out the 4 months of transfer restrictions at the start of Molesley's reign, which were caused by him and which undermined the manager's attempt to really improve his squad. Did Molesley cause the transfer sanctions? No, he didn't. Ron Martin did, because he does not have the money to fund a competitive football club consistently yet continues to cling on so that he can win his pot of golf. To blame the manager, which is exactly what he is doing through him claiming that he appointed the wrong people, is tone deaf. Mark Molesley was never provided with the environment or tools to be a success here, and that is on Ron Martin.

But by extension, that is blaming the managers entirely for what went wrong for them here. Completely disingenuous. He is revising history by completely missing out the 4 months of transfer restrictions at the start of Molesley's reign, which were caused by him and which undermined the manager's attempt to really improve his squad. Did Molesley cause the transfer sanctions? No, he didn't. Ron Martin did, because he does not have the money to fund a competitive football club consistently yet continues to cling on so that he can win his pot of golf. To blame the manager, which is exactly what he is doing through him claiming that he appointed the wrong people, is tone deaf. Mark Molesley was never provided with the environment or tools to be a success here, and that is on Ron Martin.
mark Molesley has been given the job at Aldershot And as yet there results have not improved much

The number of people on here quoting what our chairman said without once preceding the quotes with, 'Ron insisted... ' is utterly disgraceful.

Back