• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Armageddon possible?

Possibly in Spain you might get an extra 1000 houses without asking. Here in England we like to no to housing. Every no makes the most rich richer. But lets no go into politics.

How was your trip back to RH by the way?
Can't say I enjoyed the game much (obviously).

I was just saying to a mate that travelling to/from the UK by air is no fun these days .So much easier travelling from Spain/France and back by car.

As for your first point, SBC haven't exactly covered themselves in glory so far with the FF development.Who knows what will happen on the 25th Oct? You would appear to be anticipating another no.Can't say I'm inclined to disagree with you.

It’s will be an bloodbaths for the council if they turned the plan down.

It's this that worries me.

Surely if the plans are going to be approved. Would they need extra security etc.

This suggest that a negative outcome is either expected or it will be close.

If its a red light then the club is essentially sunk.

I still absolutely think a new stadium will never happen with Ron in charge.

Why I say that is because he said work will start next year. Same lies every year.

It's this that worries me.

Surely if the plans are going to be approved. Would they need extra security etc.

This suggest that a negative outcome is either expected or it will be close.

If its a red light then the club is essentially sunk.
We will get a steer when the officers' report is released. The extra security probably is that they are expecting a large turnout and they witnessed the unruly behaviour on Saturday.

Some councillors like many of the NIMBYS think all football fans are hooligans.
After the recent take over at Newcastle the Taliban were looking into investing in Southend United. The ruling council have just released a statement saying "We have decide that being linked with SUFC could seriously damage our reputation"

After the recent take over at Newcastle the Taliban were looking into investing in Southend United. The ruling council have just released a statement saying "We have decide that being linked with SUFC could seriously damage our reputation"
With many a council the reputation might be damaged; but not, imo with the reputation of SBC,

sorry i have followed Southend since i was 7 years old am now 75,they are and always will be the only club for me, I said it before i played in their Colts (as they were known back then ) team back in 61/62 i could never support a Phoenix club. Only one team for me Southend United Football Club..
What about Southend united fossets farm development and housing ltd ( we are not very good at football)

Why do people keep peddling the three-sided myth, by the way?

Why do people keep peddling the three-sided myth, by the way?
Probably because the phasing plan, one of the planning application documents, indicates commencement of construction of the east, west and south stands summer 2022 and completion summer 2023. The north stand and attached housing is projected to commence autumn 2023 with a target completion of autumn 2025.

If planning approval is granted, commencement of construction work makes the approval extant. So, if the first phase of the stadium is constructed, i.e. the first three sides, there is no obligation to complete the fourth side within the projected time frame shown on the phasing plan, it can come along as and when it is viable.

In theory I suppose the date of completion of the stadium second phase could be made a condition of the planning approval. I have never known a planning authority to impose such an onerous condition though and doubt they ever would because in reality there may not be funding available within the given time frame due to unforeseen circumstances.

It's being phased, but then so is the entire development. And the fourth side is not only the main stand but contains a lot of residential. So there's no way that won't be built.
So when ron says the stadium has to be built before the houses, he means 3 sides of it and the 4th later?

So when ron says the stadium has to be built before the houses, he means 3 sides of it and the 4th later?
I am only guessing but the first building will be the new training ground before B & L gets pulled down.
Then surely a usable new ground, even incomplete, so that the Roots Hall phase can be started?

Well if the 4th stand includes housing then clearly all the housing can’t be built until the 4th stand is finished.

The 4th stand not only includes revenue from some of the housing but I think I am right in saying a lot of the new revenue streams (1000 capacity hospitality/conference facility for example). So that 4th side will get built. I think it’s separate in part because Homes England are funding the first three sides as an enabling project that starts straight away? Someone will correct me if I miss remember..

Back