• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ron on Talksport now

Perhaps he neednt continue to put in over and above if he didnt take out three quarters of a million a year a year?
That money doesn't actually go out in terms of cashflow though. It just sits on the balance sheet. It's ordinary operating losses he puts his hand in his pocket to cover.

Reactions: JD
That money doesn't actually go out in terms of cashflow though. It just sits on the balance sheet. It's ordinary operating losses he puts his hand in his pocket to cover.
But it does show on the balance sheet as owed to his companies though, which makes them look much stronger.

Yes but he isn’t physcially taking £750k out of the club every year as was suggested by the poster he was responding to.
Ron continues to charge £450k every year for maintenance and £300k for rent. This is accrued as Debt owed by the club and contributes significantly to our £18m owed and Ron stated in the recent Zoom he sees it as owed to him. Previously he said he would write it off

• Angry
Ron continues to charge £450k every year for maintenance and £300k for rent. This is accrued as Debt owed by the club and contributes significantly to our £18m owed and Ron stated in the recent Zoom he sees it as owed to him. Previously he said he would write it off
You claimed the reason he has to put in so much money every year is because he is taking out £750k a year. But as you have just explained yourself, this is purely a figure that sits on the balance sheet, rather than an actual cash outflow from the club. So it has no bearing on the amount of cash needed to be put in each year.

Whether he writes it off or not is a separate issue to the point you were trying to make.

Last edited:
Well we’re not bust are we?
Ultimately it’s Ron’s cash that has been put in, over and above club generated income, and will continue to be put in.
Without the extra cash we wouldn’t be here.
Like it or not it’s a fact.

Before you jump on my comments…..

Has the club income and Ron’s extra cash been spent wisely?

No, of course not.

Ultimately Ron is at fault for the managerial appointments, and lack of control/due diligence.
He was phrasing it like 'I don't know why the Southend fans are moaning, they aren't bust are they?' He was very condescending to us fans. Don't like the bloke at all.

You claimed the reason he has to put in so much money every year is because he is taking out £750k a year. But as you have just explained yourself, this is purely a figure that sits on the balance sheet, rather than an actual cash outflow from the club. So it has no baring on the amount of cash needed to be put in each year.

Whether he writes it off or not is a separate issue to the point you were trying to make.

And in fairness to RM, I think comment was made as if he was to leave the club now in response to a question on the most recent Zoom. If he was forced out (as he knows he can’t be) he would want that that £20m back.

He is on record as saying the debts will be written off as and when the stadium move is realised.

We’ll see whether that’s the case in due course, but we can only take that assurance on face value at the moment.

I don’t think it’s helpful to take comments out of context.

More fake news from Barry. Ron will still write it off unless people force him out of the club. Everyone who posts on here would do exactly the same in his position......In fact many would still collect the debt even if FF went ahead.

Perhaps he neednt continue to put in over and above if he didnt take out three quarters of a million a year a year?
What he “charges the club“ is not a cash transaction though is it. It’s a paper debt that will be wiped when the properties at RH and FF are sold.

He was phrasing it like 'I don't know why the Southend fans are moaning, they aren't bust are they?' He was very condescending to us fans. Don't like the bloke at all.
Haven't heard that comment.
Problem is most fans don’t truly understand the finances of the club and the web of support that Ron has had to provide, so if Simon did say that, with no further clarity, then I can see why that may come across that way.

Reactions: fbm
But it does show on the balance sheet as owed to his companies though, which makes them look much stronger.
Everything leads back to companies registered in the BVI.
IF we could see the balance sheet of the ultimate parent co’s we would know the real position.
We can’t so we’ll never know the answer. It’s like having 1 giant piece of a jigsaw missing.

For me personally, looking back over the last 23 years whilst he's been in charge, would we still have a club if it wasn't for Ron! I don't think we would have.

Ron starts around 1 hour 30 minute
I must be having a senior moment but I went to around the 1:30 mark in this and could only find Jordan and White talking about our situation, not the interview with Ron?

I must be having a senior moment but I went to around the 1:30 mark in this and could only find Jordan and White talking about our situation, not the interview with Ron?

That's because the comment was wrong. They talk to Ron before then.

Back