• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Next Southend United manager odds!

Is Paul Jewell listed because funnily enough I have just been playing squash at Clements Hall and guess who joined me in the showers, yes, you’ve guessed it, Paul Jewell and Billy Davies. I really didn’t know where to look so I picked up my Imperial Leather shower gel and made a quick exit.

I really, really don't know what to make of this, glad you managed to risk picking up the shower gel!!

My money, for what it is worth is on Smith, although I think we haven’t heard the last of the Rowe situation.

I don’t know much about a lot of the managers on the list, but the more I read about Smith, the more I like.

Not particularly keen on Gannon, have a lot of family around Stockport, and heard a few things, and from some people on podcasts that put me off him.

Currie, as I’ve said before, would have been my pick instead of MM. Wonder if Coughlan would be part of that potential deal.

In an ideal world, I’d love Barrett, and I’d love nothing more than it to be like the Tilson days, but I think he is better off staying clear of us.

As has been mentioned, I could see Tilly involved in some capacity. Would have liked to have seen him replace Duncan in charge of the youth set up.

Benno, a top guy who I have a lot of time for, but not sure the time is right for an relatively inexperienced manager.

Whoever gets in certainly has their work cut out, but I still make Southend an attractive proposition, and if they can turn us round, we certainly have a lot of potential. It’s a big IF though in terms of turning us around. Think it’s more achievable with SC involved though.
It won’t be Smith. Not sure why he’s odds on favourite, but it won’t be him.

James Rowe has strong links to this area having played for several local non league teams, grown up in Ipswich and his dad was a former Colchester player having come through our youth system but didn't play many 1st team games, this was back in the early/mid 70s. I think he would be daft to leave Chesterfield given he is doing so well there, and also I feel his lack of experience could be a flaw as Molesley found when he joined you. You need an older more experienced guy who can steady things down and get the best out of your squad of players.
What squd of players is this .All we have is dads army Abunch of players even your lot would not want .

It won’t be Smith. Not sure why he’s odds on favourite, but it won’t be him.
Not sure about favourites, and probably the true favourite/favourites aren't even on the betting list.

However, flip side I see people saying why are we considering Smith (so different to your favourite observation) when he has 5 years experience of this league with Bromley where he reached the 2018 FA Trophy final, led the club to 10th, 9th, 12th, 13th (on average points per game) and 7th when dismissed. On a small budget playing good football.

He also knows the NL locally and probably over the 5 years a bit about where to get some decent players.

So probably we could do worse. As I say my betting is it will be someone we have not mentioned.

What squd of players is this .All we have is dads army Abunch of players even your lot would not want .

There will be players who will react differently if they are treated correctly and of course a new manager will be looking to shift some out and bring others on board, not that this will be an easy thing to do!

There will be players who will react differently if they are treated correctly and of course a new manager will be looking to shift some out and bring others on board, not that this will be an easy thing to do!
It isn't easy but no transfer window in NL so we can loan and sign from EFL and NL. Sell and loan out NL only. So whilst wholesale changes are unlikely 3-4 in perhaps with a loanee or maybe going back is entirely possible.

And yes a different manager, different style of play can transform a player or two. It very hard to look good is a losing team- some of these players are decent and that might still come through under a new management team.

:Thumbs down:No not like Phil Brown, you need someone who will get the best out of the players but not bully or exclude them for no reason. Maybe a manager with 10 years or more of experience, Rowe is only 38 and has little experience as yet.
You are just trying to sell John McGreal and I for one am not falling for it!!! ;-)

It isn't easy but no transfer window in NL so we can loan and sign from EFL and NL. Sell and loan out NL only. So whilst wholesale changes are unlikely 3-4 in perhaps with a loanee or maybe going back is entirely possible.

And yes a different manager, different style of play can transform a player or two. It very hard to look good is a losing team- some of these players are decent and that might still come through under a new management team.
Yes confidence would be very low at present, all the players will be feeling it, a new manager means a new slate for everyone and they will all be out to impress. With no transfer window to worry about things could change very quickly. At least the change has been made early in the season, had it dragged on a few more months things could have looked a lot more bleak.

Hope he brings RS with him ,he says he wants to play abroad ,what better place than Southend on the riviera.

Back